• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

Still throwing my First Run Blue Icon Rampage...still my furthest flying driver. I start salivating when I step up to an open fairway and there's a slight header/crosswind (R->L cuz I'm LHBH), that's when the Rampage shines.

Tailwind distance still goes to the Glo Nuke, but any other wind (or no wind) I love the Rampage...especially when I need a BOMB drive that can S-curve and still get some fade and/or a little skip on the end of the flight.

My experience from my Rampage Pinnacles. Sry for the revival :)

Red with blue stamp: 14, 5, -1, 2 (174g)
Red with golden stamp: 14, 5, -.5, 3 (174g)
Light Orange / Peach: 14, 5, -2, 2 (173g)

How are these flying for people? Have a rampage on the way, first legacy disc I have ever had or will have thrown. What is the basic 411 on legacy and their plastics, ratings, molds? Hope the rampage fills that OS max D driver slot I have been cycling since I started playing... Always have liked destroyers, swords, forces(beat-in), flows, laces etc.

Thanks for the update, this thread was DEAD!

I really like The rampage. I have been using a 174 pinnacle for a while now. It started off very OS but beat in kinda fast. It's now my max distance driver. I can throw it hard with a little anhyzer and it will s out nicely. I recently bought a 174 icon and found it to not be as stable. I'm not sure if it's the plastic or the run of the mold. Both of the plastics are still good. I think the pinnacle is better overall.

good to hear-- always wanted to try one of these but never had the chance/opportunity and really no need for their other molds.

How are these flying for people? Have a rampage on the way, first legacy disc I have ever had or will have thrown. What is the basic 411 on legacy and their plastics, ratings, molds? Hope the rampage fills that OS max D driver slot I have been cycling since I started playing... Always have liked destroyers, swords, forces(beat-in), flows, laces etc.

Thanks for the update, this thread was DEAD!

Generally speaking (always exceptions to rules) Pinnacle is more [over]stable than Icon. Color also matters in stability from run to run; there is no "list from most to least [over/under]stable" but it does indeed matter - or at least it does with Rampages/Cannons.

How far are you throwing those Destroyers, Flows, Swords etc.?

I have an opaque red pinnacle 2znd run destroyer, pretty overstable. I heard the newer pinnacles are a bit less stable

Generally speaking (always exceptions to rules) Pinnacle is more [over]stable than Icon. Color also matters in stability from run to run; there is no "list from most to least [over/under]stable" but it does indeed matter - or at least it does with Rampages/Cannons.

How far are you throwing those Destroyers, Flows, Swords etc.?

Maxing at just over 400 with more turn and less fade than I want in this type of disc specially throwing a sword/flow flat line, they never come back. I will throw my volt for a straight or easy line 330+ but like a max D driver for skip shots, windier days/open field throws etc. The Pinnacle rampage on the way is black with green stamp? I hope it is most like a faster destroyer or more OS lace.

Maxing at just over 400 with more turn and less fade than I want in this type of disc specially throwing a sword/flow flat line, they never come back. I will throw my volt for a straight or easy line 330+ but like a max D driver for skip shots, windier days/open field throws etc. The Pinnacle rampage on the way is black with green stamp? I hope it is most like a faster destroyer or more OS lace.

I have couple black Pinnacle Rampages with green stamp. Mine weren't as OS as I hoped. They come back if you put little height on them, but on lower lines they might not fade back left. Great for shots that need to stay on line though. I don't know if I have been just unlucky or is there something wrong with me but none of my Rampages have been as OS as I wanted. My Cannons (expecially yellow Icon ones) actually work better for headwind and when I need to get nice and healthy fade.

I'll tell ya what....I used to throw these quite alot and I cant remember why I stopped. They are a wonderful flying disc. Ones like this old-run of mine have some of the prettiest plastics i've ever seen.
8665282542_3b5c8327c0_z.jpg

Sorry lion nothing against you, but from your first two posts, it seems you are kind of just trying to put the good word in for Legacy without knowing too much about the discs. You got the hookups?
First post you talk about how you love it. Second post you talk about how you all laughed at the disc's lack of bend-ability.
I normally wouldn't post about things like this, but just trying to keep the dg forums true and gimmick-less.

Well I dont have the hook up. Im friends with the Ricos, but you do realize that my posts were around 7 weeks before the disc was actually released. The rampage went through 7 weeks of testing before it was released in pinnacle plastic. I dont know how many plastic changes and stability changes went into the disc before it was released, but I was excited. I might have talked it up because I was there from the first moments to the release.

I dont know much about the discs? Well Im usually the one posting legacy threads and answering questions and releasing protos and free give aways for people to test. I think I have to be in the top ten of most knowledgeable people when it comes to legacy. Well if you have questions just pm me. I havent had to answer rampage questions in awhile, but I will if someone needs me to.

Sorry lion nothing against you, but from your first two posts, it seems you are kind of just trying to put the good word in for Legacy without knowing too much about the discs. You got the hookups?
First post you talk about how you love it. Second post you talk about how you all laughed at the disc's lack of bend-ability.
I normally wouldn't post about things like this, but just trying to keep the dg forums true and gimmick-less.

lol...^^ this guy...yeah Lion has no clue about Legacy ...lol

I'll tell ya what....I used to throw these quite alot and I cant remember why I stopped. They are a wonderful flying disc. Ones like this old-run of mine have some of the prettiest plastics i've ever seen.

Yeah I would agree, my black is very GL/TI plastic like and smokey swirls. Not too firm/stiff at all and am excited to throw it once we get rid of all this snow! the feel reminds me a lot of a nuke... hopefully more force-like stable though.

tumblr_lnuhhwBXBD1qg945w.jpg

I dont know much about the discs? Well Im usually the one posting legacy threads and answering questions and releasing protos and free give aways for people to test. I think I have to be in the top ten of most knowledgeable people when it comes to legacy. Well if you have questions just pm me. I havent had to answer rampage questions in awhile, but I will if someone needs me to.

I asked you a question but never got an answer... not even an "I cant answer that".... whats up with that? :)

or did I?... :p

Latest posts