• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

#5 - The Web at Hornets Nest
#4 - Nevin DGC
#3 - Harmon Hills
#2 - Whistler's Bend
#1 - Blackjack

Dabney? You've got to be f@cking kidding me. Dabney isn't even in my top five courses within 1 hour of my house. Obviously, the (several) beers we had before/with breakfast are clouding your recollection.

Anit-homerism? Pretty sure I was only about 4 beers in at that point but by your logic the 16+ish I'd had by Milo should negate that listing as well, -.5 discs. Maybe you should play Dabney more at 9am when its empty and peaceful like we did.

Not every course needs to be some spectacle of championship disc golf for me to enjoy it. The history of that course, being out in a beautiful state park, OG feel(I've been folfing for 15+ years I appreacite that jazz), the flowers, water hazards, dunno, just gave me a great feeling as we played and I was very satisfied after. I would love to go back again, and again if I could.

And really, that's more what my list was about, how I feel during and after I play the courses. The thread is not my "top 5 Rated courses", it's my "top five favorite courses" which I think is a big difference. My list includes courses with design flaws, not so great tee boxes, poor navigation, ect. but I love(d) playing them. They give me that happy DG feeling.

1-5

1. Deer Lakes Park, Tarentum, PA *****
2. Flip City Disc Golf Park, Shelby, MI *****
3. Leviathan, Ludington, MI *****
4. Lincoln Ridge Park, Independence, KY *****
5. Kensington Toboggan, Milford, MI ****1/2

6-10

6. Coyote Point at Lake Casitas, Ojai, CA ****1/2
7. Idlewild, Covington, KY ****1/2
8. Moraine State Park, Portersville, PA ****1/2
9. Fairfield Park, Round Lake, IL ****1/2
10. Burchfield Park - Devil's Den, Holt, MI ****1/2

Still need to play several courses in other parts of the country. Milo McIver, Maple Hill, DeLaveaga DGC and Beaver Ranch all could make it to my Top 10. Leviathan in Ludington, MI is underrated big-time. Deer Lakes is near-perfact. Flip took a hit with the Hole 12 change.

Last edited:
Anit-homerism? Pretty sure I was only about 4 beers in at that point but by your logic the 16+ish I'd had by Milo should negate that listing as well, -.5 discs. Maybe you should play Dabney more at 9am when its empty and peaceful like we did.

Not every course needs to be some spectacle of championship disc golf for me to enjoy it. The history of that course, being out in a beautiful state park, OG feel(I've been folfing for 15+ years I appreacite that jazz), the flowers, water hazards, dunno, just gave me a great feeling as we played and I was very satisfied after. I would love to go back again, and again if I could.

And really, that's more what my list was about, how I feel during and after I play the courses. The thread is not my "top 5 Rated courses", it's my "top five favorite courses" which I think is a big difference. My list includes courses with design flaws, not so great tee boxes, poor navigation, ect. but I love(d) playing them. They give me that happy DG feeling.

yeah. Screw you, Dave.

Have played 87 courses, mainly in Michigan.

Top 5:
Burchfield-Devil's Den, Holt, MI
Meyer Broadway South, Three Rivers, MI
Toboggan, Milford, MI
Flip City, Shelby, MI
Vicksburg Recreation Area, Vicksburg, MI

Second 5:
Burchfield-River's Edge, Holt, MI
Addison Oaks, Leonard, MI
Idlewild, Covington, KY
Mississinewa State Park, Peru, IN
Meyer Broadway North, Three Rivers, MI

honorable mention:
Leviathan
Fox Creek
Oshtemo
Victory Park
River Bends
Blue Gill
Robert Morris

Last edited:
I'm definitely not as well traveled as some as you guys, but from what I've played I'd pick these:

(In no particular order)

- Arboretum in Canton, Ohio (Before they tore it up) (This course will always be my home course)
- Renaissance Park Gold Layout in Charlotte, NC (Favorite course in Charlotte, very well balanced and diverse shot selection)
- Moraine State Park Gold Layout in Butler, PA. (Favorite course outside of NC / OH)
- Deis Hill Blue Layout in Dover, Ohio. (Huge bombs for days. Best grip it and rip it course I've played, most others are more boring in comparison)
- Deer Lakes Blue Layout in Tarentum, PA. (Very close runner up to Moraine, I felt Moraine is a little more memorable & scenic overall, and challenged me more.

These are the courses that I want to play when I'm daydreaming.
Not the toughest, but the funnest...
Haven't travelled much out of NC/SC, but here goes (in no particular order):
Idelwild, KY
Castle Hayne Park, NC
Mint Hill, NC
Winthrop Gold, SC
Richlands, NC

Played more than a few (though not as many as I'd like) and a tentative Top 5 would be:

1. IDGC - Appling, GA (all three a great but Steady Edd was my favorite)
2. Wildcat Bluff - Urbana, IA
3. Castle Hayne - Castle Hayne, NC
4. Crooked Creek Park (Original 18) - Chapin, SC
5. Walnut Ridge - Johnston, IA

Very Honorable Mentions:
Big Creek State Park - Polk City, IA
Sunnyside DGC - Atlantic, IA
East Carolina University - Greenville, NC
Bicentennial DGC - Crowley, TX
Cedar Hills Rotary Park - Raleigh, NC
Exchange Park - Waterloo, IA
Glenburnie Park - New Bern, NC
Ewing Park - Des Moines, IA
Arrrowhead Park - Wilmington, NC
Lewis Club Park - Colfax, IA

Favorite Courses

In no particular order these are mine:

Idlewild (KY)
Bohart Ranch (MT)
Sugaree (NC)
Harmon Hills (TN)
Diamond X (MT)

There are plenty more that I need get and go and see

my favorites, most fun to play - here are some, it is way to hard to limit to 10, let alone 5

Morley Field, San Diego, CA - Team event
McPherson Park, Flagstaff, AZ
Stafford Lake, Novato, CA
Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe, CA
Golden Gate Park, SF, CA
Redwood Curtain, Arcata, CA
Toboggan Run, Milford, MI
Brown Deer Park, Milwaukee, WI
Cherry Hill, Vermont (Private course)
Whistlers Bend, Roseburg, OR

HM:
Pier Park, Portland, OR
NAD Park, Bremerton, WA
Kaposia Park, St Paul, MN

Last edited:
Here are my top 5. Never played anywhere out of the southeast...

1. North GA Canopy Tours - Lula, GA
2. Trophy Lakes - Charleston, SC
3. Perkerson Park - Atlanta, GA
4. Boundary Waters Park - Douglasville, GA
5. Little Mulberry - Dacula, GA

I also have limited geographic experience.

1) Maple Hill DGC / Leicester, MA - gorgeous country, nice shop, mellow vibe, four varied layouts, clean, not too crowded. And it's pretty cool to walk the course that hosts one of the most famous tournaments in our sport.

2) Sky High DGC / Wrightwood, CA - installed on a decommissioned ski hill in the San Gabriels about 90 minutes & 60 miles from DTLA. 27 varied holes with decent distance, some sick elevation changes (#11), trees, views, few crowds, grill that sells burgers and beers, nice outdoor picnic area.

3) La Mirada DGC / La Mirada, CA - two slick, challenging 18 hole courses in a public park near Orange County. Good shop, but no food or booze. Kinda far from civilization - a trafficky haul from DTLA. Great year-round leagues there.

4) Shark Tooth Mountain DGC @ Hart Park / Bakersfield, CA - Bako is in the middle of the Central Valley about 2 hours north of LA. It's a nice drive up there but it's remote. I like this course for a bunch of holes with sick elevation changes. Gorgeous views too. Good club up there too.

5) Chavez Ridge DGC / Los Angeles, CA - this is a sentimental choice. Most people don't rate Chavez Ridge too high because it's really short but this is my home course and it's the second course I played (Oak Grove DGC was first) and I live a 15 minute bike ride from it. I've played there so often that I feel like I know where every single root is (there are a LOT of roots.) Chavez Ridge is super short, like I said, but it's very technical and very hilly. Good place to work on your accuracy. And Chavez Ridge is right next to DTLA - a true urban course. Not sure if there any other courses located in such an urban setting, maybe Golden Gate Park? Morley?

I'm pretty sure I've posted in this topic before. Here's what I'm feeling right now:

1) Beaver Ranch - Conifer, CO
2) Justin Trails Big Brother - Sparta, WI
3) Standing Rocks - Stevens Point, WI
4) Spearfish Canyon - Spearfish, SD
5) Camden II - Milan, IL

Could make the list depending on the day:

Rollin Ridge - Reedsville, WI
Zobel Park - Green Lake, WI
Wildcat Bluff - Urbana, IA
Zephyr Cove - Zephyr Cove, NV
Stafford Lake - Novato, CA

Delaveaga, Santa Cruz, CA
Beaver Ranch, Conifer, CO
Brian Head Mountain, Brian Head, UT
Sloterpark, Amsterdam

Time to update the list again...

Coyote Point, Lake Casitas, CA
Beaver Ranch, Conifer, CO
Flyboy, Whitesburg GA
Brian Head Mountain, Brian Head, UT

Honorable Mention:
Moraine State Park, Portersville, PA
Sandy Point Resort, Lac Du Flambeau, WI
Holler in the Hills, Brownsville, KY
Delaveaga, Santa Cruz, CA
Sloterpark, Amsterdam

In no particular order:

Maple Hill, Leicester MA
Joralemon, Coeymans NY
Zobel, Green Lakes WI
Wilcox, Milan NY
River Bends, Utica MI

HM to Borderland in MA, Kensington in MI, Parma in NY and Black Falls in VT

Last edited:
My top 5 best courses I've played probably doesn't look the same as my favorite 5 (best 5 listed here)

1. Harmony Bends DGC at Strawn Park, Columbia, MO

2. Walnut Ridge, Johnston, IA
3. Kereiakas Park, Bowling Green, KY
4. Water Works, Kansas City, MO
5. Bird's Ruins, Marshall, WI

Sorry for the double post but I thought I'd list my favorites too and missed the edit timer.

1. Harmony Bends (still)

2. Albert Oakland (18x2 complex) - my home course up until I moved to WI in November.
3. Joseph C. Miller, Jefferson City, MO
4. Indian Foothills (18x2 complex) Marshall, MO
5. Wildcat Springs DGC, Hamilton, IL