• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LOST CUSTOM PINK MONARCH AT WINDWOOD, CYPRESS TX

i do agree with you on that, not returning a disc doesnt make him a bad person, just has a different view on things that most others who post here do...IMO i cant judge someone just by if they return a disc they find or not, although i disagree with him

thank you.

Well, no worries then. If you lose a disc - and someone on this site finds it - they'll know they can keep it. For the rest of us, thanks to those of you that are cool enough to "work" at returning a piece of property that is rightfully someone else no matter the circumstance of how they lost it.

Also, I've lost dozens of discs - I get pissed at the time for making a crappy throw, then I buy a new disc and then move on with my life. Same goes for everybody else, however - once you finally lose your first disc, which I hope is your favorite driver BTW - you let me know if you want someone else to keep it or not.

Either or, you're not in my area, so I don't have to worry about getting into a pissing match with you in person - so at this point I could give two craps about your philosophy on the subject.

Well, no worries then. If you lose a disc - and someone on this site finds it - they'll know they can keep it. For the rest of us, thanks to those of you that are cool enough to "work" at returning a piece of property that is rightfully someone else no matter the circumstance of how they lost it.

Also, I've lost dozens of discs - I get pissed at the time for making a crappy throw, then I buy a new disc and then move on with my life. Same goes for everybody else, however - once you finally lose your first disc, which I hope is your favorite driver BTW - you let me know if you want someone else to keep it or not.

Either or, you're not in my area, so I don't have to worry about getting into a pissing match with you in person - so at this point I could give two craps about your philosophy on the subject.

if i lose my disc (even my best driver) anyone that finds it will know they
can keep it because my number wont be on it, does not matter where they find it.

i wont be losing any sleep over it, losing discs is part of the game
but not part of mine i have not lost any yet.

Hey Katana, do you not see what you're missing? You might actually make a friend if you called someone who lost their disc. Do you suffer from social anxiety disorder or something? Is the only type of social interaction you are comfortable with from behind a keyboard?

i do agree with you on that, not returning a disc doesnt make him a bad person, just has a different view on things that most others who post here do...IMO i cant judge someone just by if they return a disc they find or not, although i disagree with him

What I like about what you said is that you dissagree with katana and you left it at that, thats nice to see. You didnt call katana names and get personal about it and I respect your decision to do that. Thats what I like to see is differing opinions with out the name calling and flame throwing. Thanks KPC.

I threw a pink monarch with a custom dye, chinese symbols that look like a guy putting, into the creek on hole 5. I think this was one of my few discs w/o my phone number on it.:wall: If anyone comes across it send me a PM. Yes this is the guy who lost the custom T-bird on hole 10 (same crappy day) luckily that one got returned (thanks discrazy) :clap: so I thought I'd post this.

I am nowhere near texas friend, but I have a pink monarch, 170g, almost new in champ plastic if you need a replacement. Let me know, and good luck with trying to find the one you lost, I know losing a custom dye would make me upset too.:\;)

Imagine my surprise when I come back a few days later to see if I have any replies to my post about a lost disc, and see over 9 pages of posts! I think just about every opinion has been expressed here already so I'll just say that I looked for that disc on two occasions and posted here as a last ditch effort. I would never expect anyone to go out and spend their time searching for my disc, or spend any money in returning it to me. It was simply an attempt let any locals know that if they came across it I would love to come and get it back. Even if I never get my disc back I'm happy to see that the general response from people on this site is one of honesty and willingness to take 2 minutes to pick up your phone.

What confuses me is that the title to this thread was very clear what it was about and what state I was in. Katana if you can't take the time to call a disc owner then what are you doing even opening this thread yet alone spending your time arguing with people. Turn off your computer and go throw some plastic, preferably on some water holes.

Terry C thanks for the generous offer but I've since gone and bought a replacement.

I think we've exhausted this subject, Happy New Year everyone.

im not playing to make friends i am playing to have fun.

you aren't playing! you have not marked one single course played.

You just keep repeating the same junk, Even after I pointed out this is not a lost disc thread you insist on making it one

What confuses me is that the title to this thread was very clear what it was about and what state I was in. Katana if you can't take the time to call a disc owner then what are you doing even opening this thread yet alone spending your time arguing with people. Turn off your computer and go throw some plastic, preferably on some water holes.

Terry C thanks for the generous offer but I've since gone and bought a replacement.

I think we've exhausted this subject, Happy New Year everyone.

He can't make anymore lost disc threads so he stole yours

Here's a lost disc story for you. I go to Winthrop this morning, and there's a guy selling used stuff out of the back of his truck, mostly stuff he pulled out of the lake. I'm looking through, and what do I see, my disc. I lost it 3 months ago at Renny. He said he pulled it out of the lake. It had my name and number on it. At least I got it back.

Wow. How has a thread about a specific lost disc managed to go five pages? :gross:

Oh yeah. Don't remind me. ;)

when people want you to meet up with them that is considered work.

Nobody ever said you had to go out of your way to meet up with them. It's perfectly reasonable to ask that they come to you to get the disc at your convenience, not theirs, but when you're too lazy to pick up the phone and push a couple buttons to at least give someone the chance to come pick up their property, that just makes you a dick, and many could argue that you are a thief as well.

All I have to say on the topic that the katana war has brought up. The finder and person who lost the disc both buy discs...right? So, and this is a crazy thought, JUST MAYBE the finder could drop it off at a disc shop when he/she goes to buy something there. Crazy thought there, I know. I mean both places I could buy discs from here that aren't a big chain sports store take lost discs in which you could call in or stop by and ask if anyone's returned it. Now if that's so tough to do then that's just lazy.

What I like about what you said is that you dissagree with katana and you left it at that, thats nice to see. You didnt call katana names and get personal about it and I respect your decision to do that. Thats what I like to see is differing opinions with out the name calling and flame throwing. Thanks KPC.

me too

All I have to say on the topic that the katana war has brought up. The finder and person who lost the disc both buy discs...right? So, and this is a crazy thought, JUST MAYBE the finder could drop it off at a disc shop when he/she goes to buy something there. Crazy thought there, I know. I mean both places I could buy discs from here that aren't a big chain sports store take lost discs in which you could call in or stop by and ask if anyone's returned it. Now if that's so tough to do then that's just lazy.

I just think it is disrespectfull to peoples time to write your numbers
on discs.(and then get mad at people if they dont call)

if you want to write your name and numbers on your discs
go ahead and do it.

but when you get mad at people for not returning it and thinking that
they are stealing the disc just because your number is on it
that is taking it a little far.

bottom line is...find your own discs and we would not have this problem.

bottom line ... all you people have way too much time to waste arguing about this on an online forum. its pretty hilarious. get a life!