• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3's

I haven't followed the Mcpro discs until this year. Is this big gap in availability normal or what??? I'm getting sort of concerned

All but max weight restocked! They quite a range of weights. I got my year's supply of 176's!

I just got mine today and they definitely feel a lot softer than the 2015 ones. Can't compare to a new 2014, but compared to a new 2015 they feel much nicer.

I haven't followed the Mcpro discs until this year. Is this big gap in availability normal or what??? I'm getting sort of concerned

Don't be concerned and don't over pay on Facebook. They will always restock

And... they're out of stock again. I happened to see the webpage it when there was literally one left.

No, I am not the one that ordered that last one. I'm waiting for this frenzy to settle down, and if I don't get McPro Roc3s this year, I'll be disappointed but it won't break my heart.

I am sure there will be more on Friday. I am sad to hear they are softer. I am loving my 2014, feels just like the original prototype I got.

I'm always unable to order when I see them on the pro shop. I'm either in class or at work and can't use my phone. I feel like Dave and Paul are laughing at our McPro struggles.

How is the McPro Roc3 in comparison to a generic DX Roc? Would there be reason to carry both in a bag?

It depends on how many Roc3s you have in reserve if you are intending to cycle. The Dx seasons more quickly (and passes through the sweet spot more quickly as well) so starting your cycle with a fresh Dx and beating it in first can be a way to get a head start on your cycle. The McPro seasoning is more gradual depending on how rough the courses are that you play.

In short, starting your cycle with a fresh Dx Roc3 and then putting in fresh Roc3s behind that as it beats in is a great reason to bag both.

Compared to a regular Dx Roc, the three is faster and more flat topped and modern feeling. The Roc3 is closer to a Truth. More distance potential that will approach your fairway driver distance on a good pull.

Last edited:
/disclaimer

I do bag an old school beat Dx Roc for certain tunnel holes with low ceiling. I feel like it handles those longer, tight, low tunnels better than anything. So sometimes it makes sense to bag both. It's situational.

Now..... Bring on the new McPros I'm stoked. Bought a couple for some friends too.

How is the McPro Roc3 in comparison to a generic DX Roc? Would there be reason to carry both in a bag?

Sometimes I will bag a DX or kc roc with my mcpros, but not always. The mcpro roc3s are a lot longer off the tee then DX or kc rocs, which can be a liability from time to time especially on downhill holes. I've def accidently thrown them 350+ on 300 foot holes, so sometimes I like a more traditional mid in the bag to make ranging those shots easier.

First order of black 170g McPro Roc3s came in today. Holy soft batman. These things feel more like Dx than the McPro im used to seeing. Looking forward to some test throws after work anyways but wow are these things soft. One of them has some dome too it too which I've never seen before on a Roc3.

So I just went and made a dozen or two throws in the field with these. Initial impressions are that it flies eerily like a slightly seasoned truth. Another good comparison would be a slightly shorter VIP Warship. These McPros are most definitely NOT OS or even remotely close to it. I put the out of the box flight numbers at 5/5/-0.5/1. The one with the mild dome (and Feldburg heartbeat) seems slightly more stable than the flat one.

Released flat RHBH, I saw a slight trak to the right followed by a very melow fade that finished in the middle or slightly left of middle but not much. Released with a slight hyzer they held that gentle hyzer for the whole flight and did not want to flip up to flat. With more power I'm sure they would. Released with a slight anny, they held that line for 80 percent of the flight before fading back very gently. I'm guessing that these things are going to start turning a lot with a little seasoning.

The inside rim appears slightly more "plussy" than the 2014 that I have. Kind of like the slanted rim that started showing up on Rocs several years ago. I can't say that I really notice it when I throw them but dang, I really hate looking at those slanted rims for some reason it just bugs me the way it looks.

I'll wait until my max weight purples get in later this week to make a full judgment, but for now, color me a little disappointed in this run of McRs.

Last edited:
My purple 2016s look and feel 100% identical to the white and purple 2015s. I didn't notice them being any softer then my 2015s. Haven't thrown them yet, but I'm reasonably certain they will be the same.