• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Anyone know about the proposed course at idylwyld golf course in Livonia?
There was a doubles tournament scheduled there last year around this time of year. It was cancelled without much of an excuse. The tournament was billed as a way to show support for a course going into the ground. There were a lot of people signed up at the time of cancellation.

Anyone know about the proposed course at idylwyld golf course in Livonia?
There was a doubles tournament scheduled there last year around this time of year. It was cancelled without much of an excuse. The tournament was billed as a way to show support for a course going into the ground. There were a lot of people signed up at the time of cancellation.

Idlywyld is pretty close to me. I took a look on DGS and could find no tournaments for this season, on there. I have not heard anything. I am not a huge fan of courses, on operational golf courses. It might be fun for the occasional golf/disc golf day. I will try to see if anyone knows about it. Do you have more info on the cancelled tournament?

Sorry, I found it. It looks like Noah Carroll was the TD. I don't think I know him, but he is active in local leagues and tournaments. You could probably reach out to him via Disc Golf Scene.

Fantastic work and great news. I am a huge fan of supplying the course catalog with family/beginner friendly inventory. Seems the mission of every course installer is a Gold Level/Championship caliber track. We need to cater to all golfers. You sir, are THEY. Can't wait to get out that way again and log some throws. :clap::clap::clap:

Well said ru4 :thmbup:

I've played a fair number of courses, It's great playing a "gold" level course now and then. But there should be ten times more little par 3 pitch and putts out there. Growing the sport doesn't just mean growing hole lengths. It seems like it's taken that way more often than not unfortunately.

Anyway, :clap: Tomjulio!!! That sounds like a great time. Will check that out for sure next time I cross the pond. :thmbup:

I know a few of y'all hit up the Toboggan recently - How is it playing with the leaves? Lots of trouble finding discs? I'll be heading out there Friday and as usual we will send spotters, but wondering if maybe we should be going "above and beyond" right from the get to be extra cautious.

Planning an AM round on Black Locust Green followed by Toboggan around noon.

I know a few of y'all hit up the Toboggan recently - How is it playing with the leaves? Lots of trouble finding discs? I'll be heading out there Friday and as usual we will send spotters, but wondering if maybe we should be going "above and beyond" right from the get to be extra cautious.

Only trouble was locating a disc during warm-up, a red disc in red leaves near the parking lot.
The course leaves didn't really present a challenge. :doh:

There was a serious hunt for a disc on hole #13, though. On the righthand side of fairway, in the rough.

Otherwise, the course looks & plays great. Enjoy!

Only trouble was locating a disc during warm-up, a red disc in red leaves near the parking lot.
The course leaves didn't really present a challenge. :doh:

There was a serious hunt for a disc on hole #13, though. On the righthand side of fairway, in the rough.

Otherwise, the course looks & plays great. Enjoy!

Sorry. :eek:

Agree that leaves were not really an issue. Though, we did play through a steady leaf rain. Usual problem areas are still the spotting areas.

Gonna be in Frankenmuth with the family next weekend and may try to sneak sneak in a round at the park there. Didn't see much else on the course map here but any hidden gems within 30-45 minutes I should also check out?

Gonna be in Frankenmuth with the family next weekend and may try to sneak sneak in a round at the park there. Didn't see much else on the course map here but any hidden gems within 30-45 minutes I should also check out?

The course of Frankenmuth is really fun.

I'd also recommend Goldenrod.
Been years since I played it, but it's solid woods golf, and I heard it now has concrete tees.

If you prefer something more open, stretch your arm out type of disc golf, Mott Park in Flint.

Last edited:
Other than Bogey's good suggestions, I would at Hunt's Hideaway. It is indeed a gem. It is a private course though and would likely be P2P. Worth it, if you can work it out, IMO.

Another Toboggan Q... kinda superfluous considering I'll know when I get there tomorrow but... How's the mowing? Is it mowed similarly to in the summer, such that it'd be pretty easy to play close to the pro layout OB lines?

I know that one time (about 10 years ago) when I went out there with friends and a traveler basket in the fall it was ALL mowed short, unlike in summer time.

Other than "the fairways are mowed," I don't know what to tell you.

I really can't tell you, "Oh, it's mowed like _____."

Last edited:
Another Toboggan Q... kinda superfluous considering I'll know when I get there tomorrow but... How's the mowing? Is it mowed similarly to in the summer, such that it'd be pretty easy to play close to the pro layout OB lines?

I know that one time (about 10 years ago) when I went out there with friends and a traveler basket in the fall it was ALL mowed short, unlike in summer time.

It was in nice shape. Actually, much easier rough than in the summer. Fall thins out the brush and grass.

I will be out playing Kensington Blue at 9 tomorrow. If you see a long, gray hair guy, in A3 gear, stop by and say hey. Have a good run on Toboggan. I am going back out, to take my beating from her on Sat morning.

How did the round at Toboggan go for you, Woj?

How did the round at Toboggan go for you, Woj?
Absolutely beautiful. Absolutely awful. LOL. I started off real nice on Kensington Green for about... oh... 5 holes (4 2 3 2 3) and finished +3 (62). And then on the Toboggan I was just hanging on to my timing for dear life. We played as close to DGLO OB as we could discern, using the tall grass, and I shot a 70 (+5). And just getting that was a scrambling miracle - my only bird coming on 4 (though scorecard for long tees lists my hole 12 as a birdie 3 - but all 3 of us were within 45 it really isn't a par 4 for anyone with borderline-pro distance).

Really in terms of my play... I am in the mood to put it down in writing so I guess I'll wander over to the How did you play today? thread. It was a... weekend. My play didn't do the layout justice and it frustrated me so much.

But the Toboggan. Absolutely great to get out there. It was so cool being able to see 1's basket off of the tee. And watching players trudge all the way up to the basket on hole 10 ahead of us as we were approaching the basket area on 9. My friend Justin Gill was playing Toboggan for the first time since 2009, so it was a huge shock to him and it was so much fun pointing out all the stuff we could see that you can't even see in the summer.

Latest posts