• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More appropriate implement name... [poll]

Tee Pad or Yeet Pad?

• Total voters
Does one yell "YOLO!" whilst yeeting from the yeet pad? Will approach shots also be appropriately renamed? Putting? Shanks?

"My 1st yeet went deep into the schule. My 2nd yeet was fortunate enough to get out, and yeeted itself into the cage but it left me at circle's edge. My 3rd yeet hit center pole, but the basket yeeted me out. I yeeted in for a 4."

We definitely need more words than just 'Yeet'.

Does one yell "YOLO!" whilst yeeting from the yeet pad? Will approach shots also be appropriately renamed? Putting? Shanks?

"My 1st yeet went deep into the schule. My 2nd yeet was fortunate enough to get out, and yeeted itself into the cage but it left me at circle's edge. My 3rd yeet hit center pole, but the basket yeeted me out. I yeeted in for a 4."

We definitely need more words than just 'Yeet'.

I've actually said You Only Live Once on many wooded and water holes,and it actually works! Yolo is for the birds though, lol.

Here is one: we don't use a tee.

Uh ... guess again:

802.04.A]
Play begins on each hole with the player throwing from within the hole's teeing area. A teeing area, or tee, is the area bounded by the edges of a tee pad, if provided. Otherwise, it is the area extending three meters perpendicularly behind the designated tee line. The tee line is the line at the front of the teeing area, or the line between the outside edges of two tee markers.

Nice, but I was going more meta; no real reason that word should be the one in the rules.

Uh ... analogy, based on historical precedent of ancestor sport:

tee: in golf, the place where you begin to hit the ball at each hole (= area of play), or the small stick that holds the ball up so that you can hit it easily – Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary

tee:
1A cleared space on a golf course, from which the ball is struck at the beginning of play for each hole. - Oxford English Dictionary

tee: (2) the area from which a golf ball is first hit to start play on a hole - Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary

Tee
A small peg, usually made of wood or plastic, placed in the ground upon which the golf ball may be placed prior to the first stroke on a hole. May also refer to the teeing ground. – Wikipedia]