• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Exhausting Courses....

Heritage Point in Dalton GA is the toughest course I've done.

Hole 18 Straight up pretty much.
640a4fa0.jpg

Hole 2s basket looking back at the tee.
25ea891a.jpg

Exhausting but fun.

Arizona Snowbowl, hands down. The elevation, combined with the relentless climbs and long holes, beat me down. I played in late September when it was relatively cool. I can't imagine trying to play it in any type of heat.

I just played Flyboy on Friday and it wasn't that bad honestly, sure it was like super hot and hilly and humid, but I don't think flyboy is too much of a hike(and I am pretty fat)

RL Smith wasn't too bad either when I walked it with Bennett during Worlds.

I think I may actually be in decent shape for a fat dude :| INTERESTING.

Shoutout to a secret course near charlotte for holes 17 & 18 though :|.

Arizona Snowbowl, hands down. The elevation, combined with the relentless climbs and long holes, beat me down. I played in late September when it was relatively cool. I can't imagine trying to play it in any type of heat.

Agreed.

Mount Lemmon in Tucson, AZ is only a temp course, but is brutal as hell. It's really hard to breathe at 10,000+ elevation.

Hocking College DGC

this course is an endurance test. the Hocking area in southern Ohio is known for being exceptionally hilly and this course is located in some tough stuff.

granted i only play this course when on vacation once a year in july or august when it's 95 degrees/98% humidity.

the hills are tough and the forest is VERY thick so all that hot humid air gets trapped and the fairways feel like ovens. and of course i'm out of shape so about half way through i've sweated through all of my cloths and i can't see because of sweat in my eyes on on my glasses.

also, i saw pics posted of black bears swimming in the nearby Lake Hope. fantastic. as i was photographing the course, Alone, every sticking noise way the hell back in the woods reminded me of that pic.

new goal before next years vacation; find out if i need a consealed carry permit to bring a gun (anti-get-killed-by-friggin'-bear-device).

and someone posted they saw rattlesnakes on the course. great course!

34d92ee6.jpg

e43fb4a3.jpg

a291f7eb.jpg

Last edited:
Veterans Park in Arlington Texas.

It's hot, desert like, cacti everywhere, hilly, and lots of medium brush and lots of trees. Difficult to navigate as a beginner, but the holes are sweet.

BAP in Gorham, ME is long and very hilly, making for some very tiring rounds. When the grass is too long (75% of the time :() it can be a hellish slog.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=80#

Pye Brook Park is fine as long as you're a 1000 rated player and don't screw up any drives. Even if you stay on the fairway, the constant up and down can get to you, especially when the long rough comes into play. I'm in good shape (60 - 80 miles a week on my bicycle) and these two courses leave me pretty darn wiped.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=626#

Ashe County, Bear Tree Cabin and the longs at Stumpy Creek come to mind. Playing Renny Gold this time of year is a real beast too.
Ashe is not so bad, but Bear Tree is disc golf's answer to the Appalachian Trail. By the time you get to 15, you will be looking for Julie Andrews and the Von Trapp family.
Deis Hill is also formidable.

Thanks to (disc 'n dat) Dan

We get to play two rounds at Lincoln Ridge on Saturday and a full round at Idlewild on a Sunday for the Bluegrass Open. Those two can be pretty grueling in the heat & humidity.
I actually survived despite my girth. :eek:

Oh, and you have to be part mountain goat to play Indian Rock (in Huntington, WV)!

The worst beatings I have ever had playing a round of disc golf (in no particular order):
-Thunderhead DGC (in Steamboat Springs, CO) between the elevation and zig-zagging UP a ski slope, I honestly thought I was going to die. It was a beautiful course though!
-Veteran's Park (in Arlington, TX) ERTHBNDR is correct in his description above.
-Rennaisance Park (in Charlotte, NC) the last time I played this one was right after the rennovations and it was a beatdown!
-any course in TX between May-Sept. HOLY CHRIST does it get hot here!

Out of the courses I've played: #1 Holler in the Hills, #2 Idlewild, #3 France Park-Logansport-Indianas "hidden gem" IMHO, #4 Camp Cullom-Frankfort-Indiana.

Squaw Valley, Lots of elevation change around the course. Especialy exausting if you take the hike up instead of the gondola.
Birds Of Paridise, Lots of hiking and huge hills and valleys.
Staford Lake, Elevation change and distance
Ammon Ranch, The least amount of elevation change if the courses I've listed, but huge distance
Finnon Resevior, Lots of par 4's and 5's, and alot elevation change
Reno Adventure Park, Crazy desert terain with large amounts of elevation change, and super high temps