• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been throwing my volts and amps like crazy lately. They've been my main driver on about 14 of 18 holes lately, and every time I throw them, they just seem to get better and better. What great discs!

I've been throwing my volts and amps like crazy lately. They've been my main driver on about 14 of 18 holes lately, and every time I throw them, they just seem to get better and better. What great discs!

I really need to get an Amp. Sounds like my sweet spot.

As far as the QC issue goes, I don't think it's reasonable to expect anywhere near 100% perfection. The reason why is that small changes can affect the flight of the disc dramatically and no disc golf company is going to pay the money to have NASA or airplane level consistency for their flying disc. Even though it's much simpler to make a disc golf disc, there are still too many variables to control that you'd have to make the discs prohibitively expensive and there's most definitely a diminishing rate of return for that. The disc market can tolerate these inconsistencies because there's no need for the kind of consistency that protects people's lives.

Manufacturing companies aren't consistent. Buy two pairs of jeans from the same manufacturer, and you might get entirely different material from one color to the next, and one color will wear down quicker. I've recently had this experience with two pairs of Levi's, and one pair ripped within a few months. It's lame, but when you're looking at a manufacturing product that is non-essential.

For MVP discs, I can say that when I went to get a freshy to pair with my beautifully beaten in Ion, I had to dig around a bit because a few of the discs were ridiculously domey and I will not abide that. So I had to settle for a color I didn't really want, but that's not that big of a deal. And the disc flies just like I wanted it to. But replacing any disc in my bag, I face the same problem; that's just the way it is.

I think it's best we learn to live with inconsistency in the equipment: it's part of the game.

Smartest post in this thread

I really need to get an Amp. Sounds like my sweet spot.

They're awesome. Perfect for a nice little bit of right turn or for a steeper anny shot. A little bit of height, and they'll even start to come back at the end of their flight. I don't really throw many hyzer flips, but I can see those being pretty awesome with an amp too.

Does anyone else think that MVP should provide flight numbers for their discs? I was just thinking that since there is no frame of reference for someone going to buy one of their discs.

Just a thought.

I was talking about when you are in the store physically looking at the disc. You know... outside of cyber space.
Gotcha. You said provide flight numbers; I answered how they provide flight illustrations. On the topic of numerical flight ratings, there won't be any from MVP. They use charts which are Informative 25 compared to standard 4-number ratings which are more like Informative 9.

Flight chart posters do go out to dealers to hang in their shops.

nate finna be nasty.

Zamified with a smile now though!

if your not coming here for the 411 before buying anyways that's slackingggggg. :p but yeah a little less DG dork speaking you will see how the discs are designed to fly at different power/skill levels and their given mold class etc with comparative distance potential and intended flights being shown. Much better than some BS #'s which can't always be relied upon anyways lol.. nice work with that Zam really helps understand the flights so much better-- its like the misconception on innonva chart that a disc goes right when yeah sure it WILL but come on nowww not for the guy starting at that chart normally. :)

I wonder if a batch of mvp discs were miss stamped, I just picked up a shock and resistor and the shocks flight is like what my volt sould be.... the shock turns over while my volt is stupid os.

I wonder if a batch of mvp discs were miss stamped, I just picked up a shock and resistor and the shocks flight is like what my volt sould be.... the shock turns over while my volt is stupid os.

MVP likes to throw random discs with totally different flight characteristics into batches to keep us on our toes.

Or we could go with the well known fact that the first run Shocks were not correct and MVP went back and fixed the problem making them very overstable as originally intended. But the first runs are still out there as that's probably what you've got.

I've heard both theories. :D

well I didnt like my volt and I sold it and got another one and still cant get it to turn. the shock is a new batch that my local store got, I was hesitant to get it cuz my volt is super os but im glad I did. it has less turn than my valk and very consistent.

I wonder if a batch of mvp discs were miss stamped

Just so you know, this is pretty much impossible. I suppose there is a small chance that MVP could run a disc, and put the wrong hotstamp on it. But with their quality control, you'll never see it unless it has the misprint broken flask symbol on there.

I just received a Ice Blue Proton Volt from DD and it is a sexy sexy beast. Pairs nicely with my pink Neutron Volt that I've been throwing for the last 4 months, but not for the right reasons. From what I read on here the Protons are supposed to be more stable and I was looking forward to something that was a beast on forehands. The neutron is great but I'll turn it over just a tick to much on the full power low line rips. Unfortunately the proton I got is actually less stable the its neutron counter part. I'm finally finding those nice S lines on backs where my neutron is just dead straight with a healthy fade. I just want to know which one is the outlier. They're both the same weight at 174. Proton is maybe hitting 360-380, neutron 340-360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts