• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds wonderful! Soft neutron is damn near indestructible so maybe that's why its not on the market lol. I assume yours is a harder proton or neutron plastic?

It's the harder (I think officially called medium) Proton. I got it after MVP changed Proton to a candy type plastic, but before they released Neutron.

My putting putter is a Neutron Ion that I pulled right out of the box the day it arrived in the shop, as is my pink N Anode which I selected because it was the lightest in the box (168g) and probably the lightest MVP putter I'd ever seen. I bought it for my driving putter and loved it. But I've got a bit of the minimalist in me, and when the Ion was flying as straight as the Anode, I dropped the Anode and went with a fresh P Ion and my seasoned one. This likely hastened the beat in process with the Ion, since it saw some more use after the departure of the Anode. It didn't really have the turn it has now when it replaced the Anode, but it turns like a dream now. It's also point and shoot with a little bit of hyzer even at close distances. I could use it for every putter shot, but I have another Ion to take some throws from it so as not to quicken that break in process too much.

Ok, what would you guys recommend to replace a fairway setup of a flat 2nd run FD and a normal run mildly domed one? I'm thinking clash or servo and a switch maybe? Where's the crave fit in there? Specifically to replace that 2nd run since I only have one back up. I use it for dead straight to fade shots both forehand (230-300)and backhand(280-320).

Also, lost my XXX and PD recently, would anything in the Axiom/MVP lineup be close to either of those.

Please and thanks

Ok, what would you guys recommend to replace a fairway setup of a flat 2nd run FD and a normal run mildly domed one? I'm thinking clash or servo and a switch maybe? Where's the crave fit in there? Specifically to replace that 2nd run since I only have one back up. I use it for dead straight to fade shots both forehand (230-300)and backhand(280-320).

Also, lost my XXX and PD recently, would anything in the Axiom/MVP lineup be close to either of those.

Please and thanks

I find the Clash to be a suitable 2nd run FD replacement. Very similar lines.

I don't think the other MVP stuff is going to give you the glide of the normal run FD.

OS - US
Clash-Servo-Crave-Switch ... from what I heard I believe in the clash thread someone else metioned it was working to fill that same exact spot you are looking for in the 2nd run FD. I have no experience with the FD'

XXX = Resistor
PD = Tesla

Please and thanks

Crave. I use mine for those same straight to fade lines FH or BH, just stretched a little further out. It's my most thrown driver. I think they start out a touch more OS than the SFD's I've thrown but they can hit comparable lines.

Crave. I use mine for those same straight to fade lines FH or BH, just stretched a little further out. It's my most thrown driver. I think they start out a touch more OS than the SFD's I've thrown but they can hit comparable lines.

2nd run FD's must be a bit more OS. I would think for low power players the crave is even a little less glidey and faster from what I have seen compared to stock FD's.

Last edited:
I find the Clash to be a suitable 2nd run FD replacement. Very similar lines.

I don't think the other MVP stuff is going to give you the glide of the normal run FD.

ah.. yep it was YOU! :hfive:

Uh oh.

Just took the Clash out to the field against my trusty 2nd run FD...and I now have a dilemma.

Other than feel in the hand, the two are flight clones for me. I can get a little bit of turn if I really hammer on them, then a nice fade to finish the flight. The fade was not as dumpy on the Clash, which I like. It made it end up slightly longer on almost every throw, which is important when you throw as short as I do.

So, for the time being, the Clash is getting an extended audition. Unfortunately, my home course doesn't call for a ton of Clash shots, as I'm a lefty, so I often need the understable flight rather than overstable. But I'll give it a shot and see how it rolls for a bit. Given that the 2nd run FD is a specific run - which I have backups for, but would rather not search for - the Clash already has bonus points in its column.

^Word. I would lean Inspire over Crave for the S-FD slot, personally. But I am on the low power spectrum and I have just never clicked with the Crave like others. I could see using the Crave, though.

I was just getting ready to replace my Champ Teebird and Star leopard with a Clash/Crave/Inspire lineup. Then I went out and hit my first every ace with the Leopard.

Maybe I'll just retire it so I have an excuse to still get the Inspire.

Please and thanks

I'll likely never take my 2nd run CFDs out of my bag for getting out of trouble (mostly)overhand through gaps in the woods and such. There is no place for it in the core of my bag between my Craves and Resistor.
You shouldn't have a problem trading those CFDs.

Haven't thrown a SFD, but maybe an Inspire? :\

I'd say Tesla for the PD and maybe Motion(quite a bit faster) for xXx

Last edited:
I lost my 2x Schultz champ leopard in a tourney in june. I snagged a N inspire a couple days later and haven't missed a beat. It is IMO a tick faster than the leo, but also is a hair more flippy. I think the two discs can actually be bagged together, but there will be some overlap. Like any other disc, though, it just depends on whether you get the "feel" for it.

Please and thanks

Reading this again my suggestion might not of been the best. Craves compare more to a DX Teebird, so they fly more like the FR FD's from what I know of them. The 2nd run FD's sound more OS, so I'd say Clash, maybe a 160-165g Resistor.

XXX - Resistor is speed 7 or so and will have a little more glide, but still extremely OS and reliable in the wind. Never turns FH or BH. Motion is a little faster, speed 10.5 I'd estimate, and its as OS as my XXX's, maybe a hair more OS. It's pure beef, I rarely need to throw mine over my Tesla and seasoned Resistor.

PD - Eclipse Volt. Very similar rim width and pretty close feel actually. Teslas are another option but those are definitely faster. I don't know if later runs of PD's have different rims, but every PD I've thrown has clearly been a speed 9, which is what the Volt is. They both have the same rim width as RR's, Firebirds etc. Anyways both molds will do straight to fade shots, and season incredibly well, losing LSS while retaining solid HSS so you still get laser shots, just more glide than when new.

For my true fairway speed class line-up, I go from OS to US: 175g Resistor, 175g Crave, 170g Crave, 156g Crave, 175g Inspire. Still testing the Clash out.

Resistor compares to Banshees or a slower Firebird with mild dome, Craves are laser straight similar to DX TB's, Inspires are like Leo's that are just a hair faster.

The great thing about this setup is the rims feel very, very similar across molds. This is one of the best things about MVP's line-up and it doesn't get discussed as often as it should. The DD's are the same way, the feel is so close that it makes it incredibly easy to transition between the 4.

I used to throw PD a lot. S and P line. The Tesla does it for me. It flies, at my power level (noodle arm) very similar lines than a fresh P PD and a seasoned S line.

Mike I'd love to see a vid with you throwing all of the speed 7 discs from MVP/AXIOM together in a field or an open hole. I've watched all of the individual vids of each disc but it would be nice to see them fly back to back from OS to US. I'll keep my eye out for that one:)

Great idea, I'll make a note to do that. Conditions were rough for some of those test videos, like the snowy Switch vid, so a new one would do them better justice.

Picked up a Mike C Telsa and Servo at the PIAS in Charlotte on my birthday a couple days ago...apparently I just missed the personal dropoff. Both 165. Servo flies almost identical to my Crave but a little slower. That Telsa though woooo man what a disc! Wish I picked that thing up BEFORE I played Renny Park though. It sure does go well with his Inertia cousins in the bag. Now just gotta get me one of those sparkle blue Inertia's and I'll be set! (until next MVP announcement of course)

Thanks, Mike. All that detail helps a lot man. Problem is now I'll probably end up buying every disc mentioned haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts