• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally carry some discs in multiples. I've played rounds where I've walked off the course losing a couple. :thmbdown: I'm probably at 10 lost discs this year. At least 5, no 6 to the same hole due to tree kicks into a lake (hole 12, New Melle Lakes, https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10114&mode=ci).

So I like to have 3-4 of each disc to cover my loses - also for practice. So while I might have 5 molds, I can have as many as 15-20 discs. Right now, I've got 4 Waves, 4 Matrixes, 1 Crave, 1 Entropy, and 3 Atoms. I did have 2 servos and another Atom. 2 of the 3 are sleeping with the fishes.

I'm lucky I don't lose many here, they just get retired sometimes only temporarily.. So I invest in the SE's and stuff since I plan on having em a long time.

Just looked at my bag from last tourney.. 2x ohms, Envy, 3 waves, 2 relays, 2 teslas (155/164)

With me not carrying the Spin much these days the lid would fit in the lineup.

The way the winds blowing today I should go toss the Teslas and see how they fair, surprisingly last time I played in Gale force winds the Inertia was my go to driver. Might have to dust one off for tomorrow.

Can someone suggest something by MVP that's slightly less understable than a wave? Are proton waves more stable? I have a neutron and a plasma the plasma is definitely less flippy and more workable.

I tried some neutron photons and they are REALLY beefy for my arm speed. My photons are also super flat, so maybe that's why.

Can someone suggest something by MVP that's slightly less understable than a wave? Are proton waves more stable? I have a neutron and a plasma the plasma is definitely less flippy and more workable.

I tried some neutron photons and they are REALLY beefy for my arm speed. My photons are also super flat, so maybe that's why.

I hear the cosmic neutron are probably the most stable Wave. There are some reports on this thread or the Wave thread.

My Proton Wave is my least stable wave, I threw a beat in Neutron that was more US. The Cosmic Neutron is beefier, and the Cosmic Plasma is in between.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Well may not work for everyone but I use a fission Tesla in that space. I used to use a 143 fission photon but they didn't deliver as well in the wind. Best to use a 160ish tesla instead.

Awesome. I'll try a couple in the cosmic neutron, something just a touch more stable than the plasma one I have sounds perfect. Thanks for the insight.

On a whim, I decided to try out the signal, the relay, and the axiom pyro this week and whew this is a fun lot! I already throw the motion (frequently), tesla (frequently), and the phase (rarely) so I wanted to see what the understable side of MVP was like (and the pyro was an attempt to find a suitable replacement for a buzzz OS). The relay and the signal are a blast to throw! Both discs soar with low power throws, are easy to flip, and have a touch more fade (at least right out of the box) than I was expecting. I am really digging the signal because it's different than any other disc I have. The closest I'd have is a Discraft Archer (the ace race variant) and while they have the same flight numbers, 6/5/-3/1, I find the archer starts turning the moment it leaves your hand (in fact, I was sure that I just always released it wrong, but I threw a stack of buzzzes, mako3s, and archers one day and saw that no, if thrown the same way, the archer does turn almost immediately). The signal is different and will hold a straighter flight longer before starting its turn. I'm really hoping that that feature doesn't go away as the disc wears in, but that's also why I got the relay, thinking that it might break in to something like the signal.

On a whim, I decided to try out the signal, the relay, and the axiom pyro this week and whew this is a fun lot! I already throw the motion (frequently), tesla (frequently), and the phase (rarely) so I wanted to see what the understable side of MVP was like (and the pyro was an attempt to find a suitable replacement for a buzzz OS). The relay and the signal are a blast to throw! Both discs soar with low power throws, are easy to flip, and have a touch more fade (at least right out of the box) than I was expecting. I am really digging the signal because it's different than any other disc I have. The closest I'd have is a Discraft Archer (the ace race variant) and while they have the same flight numbers, 6/5/-3/1, I find the archer starts turning the moment it leaves your hand (in fact, I was sure that I just always released it wrong, but I threw a stack of buzzzes, mako3s, and archers one day and saw that no, if thrown the same way, the archer does turn almost immediately). The signal is different and will hold a straighter flight longer before starting its turn. I'm really hoping that that feature doesn't go away as the disc wears in, but that's also why I got the relay, thinking that it might break in to something like the signal.

Glad that you are having fun with the Signal and Relay. I have Relay bagged since they came out first in the Circuit edition and while beat in are different than a fresh or beat Signal. While there might be some overlap in flight if you through the Relay into a strong headwind I find that even after a few years of beating they still have a tick of fade at the end. I don't have that with my Signal. The key to both is getting the release speed right. When you nail it, the combo of these two plus a Resistor and a Servo can set you up for most shots shy of 350, especially in the woods. Love the Relay for both BH and FH. The Signal is really only a BH disc for me and replace when I have to flick but need a tighter and more glidey left to right than I would get with most of my FH discs.

Yeah I love all of my other mvp discs that are OS for flicks... that's how I got into MVP in the first place. I used the tesla on flicks and then after losing a Discraft Flick that I really liked for flicks, I started experimenting with the motion and the phase and I love them both. My icon's a motion... or more specifically, a disco blobfish in motion. So I wasn't looking for a forehand disc with the signal and relay, but rather touch backhand. I'd be fine with the signal losing its fade over time, I just don't want it to lose its delayed turn. It flies very much how I was hoping a seasoned buzzz SS would fly so I don't need to wait for Discraft to restock now, though I might have to pick up another signal because I'm really having fun with it.

I ran out of time on the edit:
Thanks for the info on the relay too. Even though they are totally different speeds, I'm curious to see if I like it more than my superlight thrasher which can bomb fairway hyzerflips but will go haywire with bad form (from trying too hard). I imagine the speed 6 relay will be way easier to control the same shot. Guess I'll go play around after picking up some leaves.

Well I threw like crap today haha, caught a CTP though with the Ohm so I got my money back..

Just wanted to drop some love for the Crave, seems to have broken in a bit since I last threw it. Lots of nice tight flex lines... too bad I was going for a harder fade twice :D. Lasered it into the shule! I won't let my performance hinder the disc that's probably going to round out my bag.

I ran out of time on the edit:
Thanks for the info on the relay too. Even though they are totally different speeds, I'm curious to see if I like it more than my superlight thrasher which can bomb fairway hyzerflips but will go haywire with bad form (from trying too hard). I imagine the speed 6 relay will be way easier to control the same shot. Guess I'll go play around after picking up some leaves.

It can be a bit touchy if you try to put too much into it but once dialed in, it is great for hyzerflips and touch shots. It gets sneaky distance when you hit the speed right and it can bomb. I have got it out to 350. Love the Relay. Just got one in the Plasma but I really love my older Circuit ones. I did have a 165 with the FN and that was more like a Signal too me. I could be happy with a Proxy, Relay, and Tesla if I could only have 3 discs.

It's time again for a Top Selling chart! This time I put together MVP, Axiom, and Streamline molds onto the chart. You can also see it on the blog post below. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://bit.ly/TopMVP2020

Disclaimer: All data is from October 27, 2019 to October 27, 2020 from InfiniteDiscs.com sales figures. Due to rules and regulations, we cannot show exact numbers, but can show the comparison in sales between all molds.

UqL7uuG.jpg

I've thrown an Eclipse Amp once. Loved it. Why does it get no love?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

It's time again for a Top Selling chart! This time I put together MVP, Axiom, and Streamline molds onto the chart. You can also see it on the blog post below. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://bit.ly/TopMVP2020

Disclaimer: All data is from October 27, 2019 to October 27, 2020 from InfiniteDiscs.com sales figures. Due to rules and regulations, we cannot show exact numbers, but can show the comparison in sales between all molds.

UqL7uuG.jpg

I'd like to see popularity versus availability over the same time frame. Some people are just buying whatever is in stock lately. I know I have a few discs I've been wanting to get and haven't been able to find.

I'd like to see popularity versus availability over the same time frame. Some people are just buying whatever is in stock lately. I know I have a few discs I've been wanting to get and haven't been able to find.

Alot of the Envy sales are for special stamps. Every stamp seems to get the Envy treatment.

I wonder how many of those Flares were me...

Good to see it's looking high enough to stay in production.

I feel like every MVP stamp I've ever done is available on an Envy.

Yah stop that will ya?! I got almost as many Marm-O envy's shelved as I do throwers.

(Well ok 20% of my stock is Marm-O's outta 25, 28, ok maybe 30 haha,, then those electrons hmmm.. 34....)

Well 100% of my neutrons are Marm-O-Set's :D
Wait except for the Halloween Widow haha..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.