• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for the putters because the only one I've tried is the spin and I don't particularly care for how that feels, but I love love love MVP fairways. .....

....., but only recently discovered how awesome and useful the signal is. MVP (the gyro?) fairways taught me a lot about flight, snap, and my form. Understable MVP discs are not as forgiving as other brands for weaker arms. ......

.....Without enough rotational speed the disc totally underperforms worse than the archer. But give it enough and it blows away the archer with a much later turn (or a straighter hyzerflip with delayed turnover). I find that MVP understability is very consistent and controllable and that's why I carry both a relay and a signal.

You pretty much hit it with the fairway analysis makes me want to pull out my signal again and see if it might do that straight power fairway/distance slot with zero fade.. I kinda want an insanity again too but lightest one I can find this time, I wonder if the cosmic are still true to flight.

I think the putters are similar too with rotational requirements and a need for nose down, it's interesting to me that people have had an easy time just picking them up without the gyro learning curve. It also helped my game a lot, damn the first three months with my first ion were rough but I realize I was throwing like poop.

The Spin is an odd duck but I love it, kinda feels like a deep magic and flies like one without the same glide or turn. I would call it (mildly) "power understable" . I great great hyzer flip to zero fade shots but they drop a little quick, or a straight to turn without a burn. I really like the ohm for hand feel and flight it's a very good (but oddish) twin to the Envy.

Saw some damn fine plasma envy and mayhem at the local pias. Mvp no doubt has the prettiest plastic.

So tempted on those Hokum Traces...

No companies plastic teases me more than mvp and its subsidiaries.

This was an impulse buy of a disc i will never throw...its a mint freetail...made by mvp

Attachments

• 20210317_105906.jpg
    20210317_105906.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 39
After a few seasons, I can finally say I have a flippy putter! Been working my firm E Anode in since the 2017(?) Circuit event. It's finally to the point where it drifts right the whole flight thrown decently hard and flat. It's beautiful to watch!!! That's a shot I've been struggling with. Played a round this past weekend where I hit some beautiful 200-220' right-drifting shots. I'm very excited!

It's the little things in life!

After a few seasons, I can finally say I have a flippy putter! Been working my firm E Anode in since the 2017(?) Circuit event. It's finally to the point where it drifts right the whole flight thrown decently hard and flat. It's beautiful to watch!!! That's a shot I've been struggling with. Played a round this past weekend where I hit some beautiful 200-220' right-drifting shots. I'm very excited!

It's the little things in life!

So this probably isn't the time to tell you an off the shelf spin with a month of work coulda saved you 4 years?! :D

That's awesome man, I used to love anodes, shot my most awesome lights out back to back tournament round using a 170 medium proton anode, a rhyno for tap ins and fh.. but I was feeling anode love before that tourney... went and grabbed my secret weapon from the yard that morning. A soft proton 169 in dark purple that I'd been using as a dog disc. Apparently Jake's saliva also worked as miracle grip substance. It would also turn a bit on its own.

Finally got out and threw my new rig.

Bumping up the weight to low-mid 160s and swapping for proton plastic helped get the crave more into Teebird range. It's not a bird but it's closer.

The Wave continues to befuddle me. The gap between it and the Photon / Defy just feels huge. I feel the same about Tesla / Inertia as well. Swapping 157 neutron for 164 proton got me a touch more stability and distance - but I'm still struggling not to finish right. I think there's a big hole in their lineup in-between Wave and Photon.

The Wave continues to befuddle me. The gap between it and the Photon / Defy just feels huge. I feel the same about Tesla / Inertia as well. Swapping 157 neutron for 164 proton got me a touch more stability and distance - but I'm still struggling not to finish right. I think there's a big hole in their lineup in-between Wave and Photon.

I found my 165 proton is straighter than my 155 neutron inertia.. I'm trying to work an insanity into the mix and I use a couple Teslas with the right weights in fission I can do a lot 155 and 163 fills the gap for me. Or just a single 157 neutron for middle ground, no plasma tesla unless you throw overhand.

People keep saying the Trace is the missing link between Wave and Photon.

The Lift is a little too stable to be as workable as I'd like. What alternative am I looking at? Insanity? I'd like something in that 8-9 speed ideally, that I can flip up a bit more. My normal range is 360-390 with the Trace, and 340-360 with the Lift. I also have stalkers I use for the stable fairway so straight to fade is covered

So you throw further than me and I've never even seen a lift.... Or a drift.

Is this in between a Stalker and Lift? Or just more workable than a Stalker.

Woods golf a Relay could be an understable complement to the Stalker, an Insanity has the same numbers as the lift but it has a cool late turn or controlled turn for you, the numbers don't do it justice, but it needs a bit of power 300+ to get some real action, you'd would likely enjoy a plasma one. A logical substitution might be a Drift 7 5? -2 1 relay is just a speed 6 5 -2 1.

The Lift is a little too stable to be as workable as I'd like. What alternative am I looking at? Insanity? I'd like something in that 8-9 speed ideally, that I can flip up a bit more. My normal range is 360-390 with the Trace, and 340-360 with the Lift. I also have stalkers I use for the stable fairway so straight to fade is covered

A drift would for sure be too flippy for what I'm wanting. I can get a new esp stalker to flip up or turn from flat, so I don't need anything that's slower that will turn. The lift isn't true to it's numbers - I find it pretty stable and it doesn't have much turn even at 166g. I can force it over and hold a line but I can do that with an undertaker.

I haven't thrown mvp since about the time they started the axiom brand. Can anyone give me a short list of their best molds and what they are similar to?

I've not experienced it myself, but I believe the panic is similar to a boss. The streamline trace is probably the best 11 speed they have, very similar to a wraith imo

I haven't thrown mvp since about the time they started the axiom brand. Can anyone give me a short list of their best molds and what they are similar to?

Well elmex is right about the Volt it's a teebird like disc but you probably knew that.. Since it was their first driver.

Most of the putters are good, Ion, Proxy, Pilot, Ohm and Envy being the most popular.

Relay has been Huge for them, kinda leopard like.

Crave has also been popular, again very teebird ish.

Inertia / Insanity. The inertia was around back then, the insanity is billed as a broken in inertia. Personally I feel like it's in between a Roadrunner and an Orc.

Seen a lot of talk about the Excite for max speed.. Don't know don't have one... max distance is out of my league.

Same with the Mayhem lot of talk about it. I'd compare it to a well loved 5/10 esp force, in blue... Or just between a Z nuke and ESP force.

MVP is known for their putters. Envy, Atom, Proxy, Ohm, Pilot.

Midrange - it's a 2 disc debate: Matrix or Reactor.

Fairway - kinda limited at the moment. Most carry the Crave. There's no real "Teebird" in the lineup - yet. Bunch of fairways coming soon. Volt is on the fast end of the class. Resistor is a common bagger for a meathook.

Control / Distance - Inertia / Tesla and Wave / Photon tend to be go tos. Lots of players bag the Trace which sits in-between.

I don't throw anything faster.

Yeh. I would say something like a proton Insanity or you could check out a thoughtspace athletics Mantra(mvp produced plastic/mold). If you wanted to stay at the 9 speed.

I loved the Lift but it overlapped with my Volt. Both very straight discs. Since i preferred the Volt forehand as well, the Lift had to go.

The Envy, Volt, Tesla, Reactor and Pyro are all disc in seeing a lot on the course right now. I think their most overlooked slot is the OS control drivers, the Motion, Fireball and Flare are all fantastic in that slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts