• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Seneca_22 said:
Thank you for that. So longer=more distance, right? Thank you for the advice, I may change my putters. Just expensive to load up on those, at least from my local retailer who sells them for $17 a pop.
You probably won't live long enough to see them really beat in. Unless you lose them these discs can last for a lifetime.

Anode flies hellafar for a putter. There is a weak spot in MVP discs in that the overmold will be gouged hitting something thin and sharp like sheet metal in the thin end. That happened to a clear Ion of mine.

JR said:
Anode flies hellafar for a putter. There is a weak spot in MVP discs in that the overmold will be gouged hitting something thin and sharp like sheet metal in the thin end. That happened to a clear Ion of mine.
Yes, they will get gouged when thrown at something that's essentially a somewhat dull knife. Anything will get gouged like that...

I don't intentionally throw at sheet metal. There's plenty of it around one of the fields i train at and skips plus wind pushes and messed up shots will easily hit metal often times against the sharper end of the metal. Even at low speeds the overmold will be cut easily. At low speeds primo plastic won't be cut i have enough throws to show that over the years. Glass shards and sharp rocks can hurt the ovemold material over time but it is the kind of damage that would scrape primo plastic too. The difference is that many scrapes won't make those discs illegal for competition.

some kid is trying to auction off one of the first Ions ran on DGCR... starting at $100.

i'd like to piss on his face.

Picked up two medium pink 170 anodes for putting duties, man are they pretty. I'm going to give them a fair shake for a little while.

I've said this on DGCR already... but the Anode has knocked 3 discs out of my bag. It is what I wanted to the Warlock to be and more.

cfair said:
I've said this on DGCR already... but the Anode has knocked 3 discs out of my bag. It is what I wanted to the Warlock to be and more.

You now have to try an opto pure.

oh and while I'm here. Hey MVP stop making your blue anodes so damn dark.

Frank Delicious said:
cfair said:

You now have to try an opto pure.

oh and while I'm here. Hey MVP stop making your blue anodes so damn dark.

They sure are difficult to find in the shade.

So discspeed and mikec have been pretty non-existant around here lately. Sworn to secrecy on new tester drivers? Speculate away! I bet the new driver has flip out wing that gives it extra lift once it reaches cruising speed.

what'shisname said:
So discspeed and mikec have been pretty non-existant around here lately. Sworn to secrecy on new tester drivers? Speculate away! I bet the new driver has flip out wing that gives it extra lift once it reaches cruising speed.

Maybe the first ever remote controlled disc.... M :D

Taking time off to heal some injuries over the winter and hurting my back twice mildly lead to me not being in any better shape than in the fall. Perhaps even a little worse shape so i've been pushing to get in better shape before Tali Open. Throwing fatigued from the get go because of exercise on the days before my arm nerves manifested the old injury. I began to have less clean releases with the Anode. It did not handle headwinds well and neither did my Coyote, King Cobra and XD. As a result the best driving Anode i have was flipped and lifted hugely out onto a fenced area where i can't go. I've experimented with different skin moisturizers and despite having slightly grippier skin i had some early left slips despite having modified the grip for more power and larger skin contact. So now i'm torn about replacing it still owning a 168 and getting similar flips in headwinds and no flips in calm weather, better grip and more deviation between different winds and power levels with more fade from an XD. The profile and releases were not an issue for my aggravated arm unlike the Anode. So i'm compromised ditching either disc. There just does not exist a disc that would give me the performance of either with tolerance for my injuries and the ability to handle straight shots as well while handling local winds. Gaah! The thing for me is that when tired i am losing the ability to throw with clean shots and hit sideways repeatably. I can't add disc related problems on top of my lack of condition issues. It will take a while for my condition to improve so i'm at a loss as to what i'm gonna do. I do know that i will get a medium Sole but i think it is slowing down in headwinds more with the taller profile and it fades more. The reason for picking it up is wet weather grip but now at 50F it would seem that i need the safety margin of a tackier grip at least when i'm fatigued.

MVP please try to make base plastic type grip tackiness cores to the Anode.

Had a really nice customer service interaction with MVP. Wrote them a thank you email the other day, and got a response the same day. Pretty amazing in this day and age. I also concur with the "You may not live long enough to beat one of these in" sentiment. I am still putting with my RedRing Proto soft Ions. More fun might be hyzer flip sidearm shots with the same disc. The flight plates have faded a bit, sort of a dull light blue compared to my stack of new ones, but they fly pretty much exactly the same as they did when I first played with them. I said it to the company and I will say it here too, amazing product, from design to materials, and nice to deal with a professional company.
KP

So, this past month I was struggling with putting. I have used challengers for years and I love them, but I needed to switch it up. Maybe it is a mental thing. You know how it goes.

Anyway, I put my lone, black and white soft ion in the putting pocket and man, has that thing been solid. I putt with a lot of spin and the way the ion locks in straight and holds a slight hyzer really is working.

Still keeping the challengers in the bag because I can not have less then three putters in the bag.

niuvalleycane said:
driving faster, longer if you've tried both, Anode or Opto Pure?

I have handled both.

The anodes at my local store are really hard and in very dark colors, so I did not want one. Profile and size wise, it felt very nice. I just want a softer and brighter one.

The opto pure that I handled and tossed around was very nice. It was a pretty deep blue one. I am going to keep with the Ion and challengers, they are working well.