• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg

(L to R) discspeed, UnitedPuppySlayer, kingjames1014 & Mike C

We shall travel to the fields of Frankenmuth to seek the Holy Grail, The MVP Volt!
Come Patsy!

On second thought, Lets not go, tis a silly place

first run vector was overstable. didnt like it. i have an eclipse vector now. much straighter and has way more glide.

600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg

(L to R) discspeed, UnitedPuppySlayer, kingjames1014 & Mike C

We shall travel to the fields of Frankenmuth to seek the Holy Grail, The MVP Volt!
Come Patsy!

Pfft, I was like one of the original Ion nuthuggers on here. I guess that makes me Concord.

I thought the blue&reds were the protos and the blank textured bottom semi neutron plastic ones were first run.

Filmed some pretty good deuces with the neutron mids today. Should have something uploaded before too long.

So I was finally able to locate an Axis in a weight I like (171) and am anxious to give it a shot. The only other Axis I had was 178, and just too heavy for me to make workable on a consistent basis. However, I hit a few gorgeous shots with it that really gave me hope, so I am waiting impatiently for this one to come in the mail.

I thought the blue&reds were the protos and the blank textured bottom semi neutron plastic ones were first run.

The protos are super rare and were one color, both rim and core. I don't know how many colors there were but I've seen one that was a kind of tan color that Big NIk auctioned off.

The actual first production runs were the blue & red joints that were all ~165g.

The blank, textured bottom opaque "proton" were the 2nd runs, all with black rims. Pretty sure Softs came first and then the first Mediums came out later, they were all blue. You can identify an early 2nd run Soft b/c of the textured bottom obviously but also b/c a lot of them had mismolded rims so the overmold sat too low and gave them little beads. These "mistakes" were great and arguably my favorite kind of Ion. :doh:

There are many people spreading mis-information about which Ions were from certain runs. The first runs were the only run to have a distinguishing characteristic to be able to tell it apart. Anything other than first runs are just textured or non-textured and soft or medium. No such thing as second runs, first second runs, third runs, or first run mediums. Those were all just made up terms by people trying to increase the value of their discs.

Is it me or does eclipse plastic in the sun just putts bad?

It becomes too wobbly and spits out....

It's a anode that's anonnying me:)

I do love it

Status
Not open for further replies.