• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

N=1 here, but I've been bagging a Neutron Terra for a bit and decided to try out an Electron Terra for a straighter complement a month ago or so.

It was a tiny bit more OS than I wanted out of the box but still straighter and longer than the Neutron. After a week or two it hit a sweet spot for me but then quickly became more flippy than I wanted and I recently swapped it out for a Neutron Volt.

Take this with a grain of salt because I play way more than most people and frequently play on a very rocky and wooded course, so discs beat in fast for me. I'd guess an average player might go through a similar life cycle in 4-12 months maybe

That's kinda what I wondered with Electron. I have a Terra that I like to use at certain courses, but the Volt is my workhorse. I'm forehand dominant and usually have 3-5 in the bag depending on the course. If you want more glide and a bit less fade, then the Volt is a great option that will hold its stability longer. Almost the exact same feel in the hand too. I guess some people just prefer Electron plastic.

Questions for anyone who bags both the Crave and the Rhythm: why? What does one do for you that the other can't?

Bonus question if you used to bag one and now bag the other: why did you switch?

Questions for anyone who bags both the Crave and the Rhythm: why? What does one do for you that the other can't?

Bonus question if you used to bag one and now bag the other: why did you switch?

Oooooh oooh oooh me me, see my hand up? I'll take the bonus..

Haha. The craves I had were alright, light weight 155 pp plasma and a pp 160 neutron. They were a solid FH disc and decent backhand but not much turn. Unfortunately not the level of wind resistance I was hoping for when it was so predictably stable in no or low wind. I don't know if I had enough power to shape the lines properly. At the time I went to fission volts (and a relay), wolfey had no problem throwing the crave like a cruise missile..

The rhythm is the first heavy driver in my bag in a long time my favorites are the 171/2s circuits they just work for me. A little bit more turn potential, more glide and a reliable finish. They have a predisposition towards a straight flight when thrown flat or close to it with a larger error margin on angle. If there's one disc they remind me of its a switch, only better, they even feel the same.

I feel like the rhythm is more of a tight s disc and the crave wandered wider. The rhythm is capable of more turn. The stock rhythm and a pp crave are fairly similar, rhythm goes farther easier. I have not thrown a new crave.

Lightweight Neutron Vanish in the mail today.

GLIDE.

It'll drift right where the MVP Open Plasma Vanishes will not and so requires greater attention to the release angle, but I think I'm going to enjoy having that flavor in the mix.

A decent tailwind but still...

j7Zgm3F

Attachments

• UDisc uppmätta kast-1685704810250.jpg
    UDisc uppmätta kast-1685704810250.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 38
*That's 452', for those of us who don't speak metric.

Wow that's a rip. My hexes go far, but they ain't ever gonna fly that far. That's impressive!

Yeah it was a really good throw. I threw a handful of throws each with my two new Fission's in the field after my round since I wanted to see how far they flew and these things bomb. All throws downwind were over 125m (410') and headwind they were all over 115m (375'). I threw my beat in Neutron alongside the Fission's and the Fission's fly another 5-10m for me on a full rip. They just seem to still keep on gliding when they run out of steam.

Yeah it was a really good throw. I threw a handful of throws each with my two new Fission's in the field after my round since I wanted to see how far they flew and these things bomb. All throws downwind were over 125m (410') and headwind they were all over 115m (375'). I threw my beat in Neutron alongside the Fission's and the Fission's fly another 5-10m for me on a full rip. They just seem to still keep on gliding when they run out of steam.
Dang Simon, how far are you throwing drivers?

Dang Simon, how far are you throwing drivers?

~450' is what I usually max without wind, if I get a decent rip... That's why this shocked me, even with the tailwind. I'm not sure I even need my fairways anymore xD

Got a low plh flat top 162 rhythm with my order, it is capable of relay things at inertia distance potential, glide for days holds a straight line effortlessly or turns on a dime. Beauty out of the box thrower, its how id expected my first 160 se to be, bad news is i was trying to back it up haha ha crap. The 162 se i got has a tiny touch of dome but high plh, haven't thrown it

Met with our school's disc sports sponsor and picked up an out of town visitor at East Roswell this morning. Finally parked 18 with the Defy. Generally speaking though, the Plasma Crave was doing serious work today. Just a very predictable, crisp release from either side of the tee box. Haven't worked the Neutron Vanish into course shape yet, but it'll come in time.

My Crave faded more than my Rhythm...

Bonus: No longer bag my Crave.....Why? I lost my Crave at Fountain Hills Disc Golf Course on Hole 2.....with the wind that day, it faded a bit more than I expected and had a splash down. The water isn't clear so I was never able to find it....I'm still hoping it shows up one day.

My Crave faded more than my Rhythm...

Bonus: No longer bag my Crave.....Why? I lost my Crave at Fountain Hills Disc Golf Course on Hole 2.....with the wind that day, it faded a bit more than I expected and had a splash down. The water isn't clear so I was never able to find it....I'm still hoping it shows up one day.

Hey.. this was the last thing I read before I went out to play, I dunked my rhythm in a pond trying to scare a deer to give it a headstart over my dog (while he was chasing another one across the road). The first two envy didn't do it (not close enough) so I lasered my favourite 160 SE rhythm (bad decision) it went wide (like I was hoping) and didn't fade (like it should have). Clipped some trees and landed with a belly flop. I think it's shallow side, I'll go looking in the dawn light tomorrow and hope for the best (I think I can see it)

Anyhow, I blame you. (Haha)

Last edited:
I hope you found it? @ThrowaEnvy, I hate drowning a favorite disc… I have several electron volts and terra that I use for "water" duty

I hope you found it? @ThrowaEnvy, I hate drowning a favorite disc… I have several electron volts and terra that I use for "water" duty

Hey thanks for your concern, the SE was rescued this morning at 7:38 am using a pike pole. A little soggy and cold but unharmed.

I have a dozen rhythms, it was extremely poor judgement to throw the one I don't have a solid backup for.

Watt-ssssuppppp!!!!

The Watt is coming 2 5 -0.5 0.5

Looks like fun!

And fission rhythms!!! I hope they suck haha, I have too many to start buying fission, maybe one, just a 150 maybe. Haha. Ha. Crap.

Latest posts