• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Spaaaaam.

Okay, thats what it was. There was no official release of proton in the proxy, my comment was right.

Proxy only came in proton for the Watermelon run.

Theory was the same way.

This was the full Axiom set at one point before they went absolutely crazy with weird stuff. (every disc in every plastic)

And the uploaded file is to large, laaaame.

I had to take these from upstairs. It was fun.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Spaaaaam.

Okay, thats what it was. There was no official release of proton in the proxy, my comment was right.

Proxy only came in proton for the Watermelon run.

Theory was the same way.
I really hope Simon gets them to do a Proton Proxy. Envy is ok, but Proxy is perfect for my throwing style, I throw and putt with the Proxy, but I like the Proton plastic best by far.

1000001630.jpgI tried zooming but its cut off on the right... where the mold name should be... he called it a rhythm multiple times.. it looks right but it could be a crave if it's "miss embossed" haha. Reliable dude, regular seller, bought a few things and talked to him lots on FB messenger, I'm up in Canada so a bubble mailer is $5 to ship... he had some gyro leftovers like a detour for $40 but everyone's tired of gyropalooza leftovers especially since we're all busy putting money into Eagle envy pre-orders (which is why he was fundraising haha). He wanted $20, someone bid res, i wanted to ask many questions but instead I just slammed on $25 to scare anyone else off and kept my mouth shut. Everyone on the BST knows I'm cuckoo for rhythms 😀 I often get tagged when the circuit rhythms come up. No one else can have any rhythms but me!!!!!

@Sheep You are low altitude around 500ft above sea level, the proxy sucks, the core is different from an envy (its angled not perpendicular to the flight plate) don't believe the hype. That's MVP marketing BS, I felt betrayed when I bought some. That said it is a decent disc for other people, telling me it's an envy core riles me up!!! I can get proxy lines with a soft electron envy, the proxy had a decent flight but it felt icky. Haha

Last edited:
It turns out last month's mystery disc that was edited out in Simon's blog was a time breaker.

It's possible that yellow disc purple rim May of been just another time lapse, maybe. and what about that innova gyro TL, that had to mean something.

View attachment 330985I tried zooming but its cut off on the right... where the mold name should be... he called it a rhythm multiple times..
That is definitly not a rhythm, the rim is waaaay to effing big.

That looks like a 11 speed.

Just robbed this photo off BST, you can see how that gyro rim is SO much more narrow.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    312.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't see the difference between the Envy and Proxy as much about power. I would actually say power is a distant 3rd in consideration.

1. I prefer Proxy because I throw Proxy lines. Rarely do I throw a big hyzer even on a short hole. I prefer to run straight at the basket or find an anny / flex line. I wIll throw a big hyzer if that's the best play, but that is always my last choice.

2. Plastic choices. Many people like and throw base plastic, hence it is easy to think of a Proxy as a beat Envy. I don't much care for Electron or any base plastic for that matter. I like the predictability of a disc that changes very slowly, so I throw and putt neutron and Proton when possible.

After those considerations power might come into the discussion. I like the Envy, it's a great disc, I pretty routinely have 1 in the bag, but the Proxy fits my style of play better and it gets much more air time.

The ohm is a much closer disc to a beat up envy than a proxy... again I think its MVP marketing hype but for a noob it's probably the fastest way to explain it when someone is in the store, and the ohm is a touch wider.

Fwiw I can fly any line with a pp plasma envy except a long anny turnover without fading out. I usually flex it to straight.

I think @Sheep you musta taken your anti-anti-inflammatory's today haha. I'd give you a like for the sweet lines an electron envy flies but it's not out of the box... unless it's one of those proto glow Electrons. My soft ones take a few months to knock the new off. I'm also not sure how to interpret your rim pic, it looks like a relay. The rhythm looks deceptively wide. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a mayhem or vanish at 162g, they make them in proton. Just gonna have to wait and see. I will concede it looks like the OM is wider than the flight plate.2024-01-1823.15.426629867817825650266.jpg

Last edited:
Proxy for me is a much better shot for shaping shots in the woods and throwing hyzer flips. No sense in forcing an Envy to do something it wasn't made to do. Just because I can force an Envy to turn doesn't mean I should when I have a disc that wants to turn naturally.

I never threw an Envy until recently, I have Proton Atoms and glow Pilots to cover that shot.

I know some people are religious about the Envy, I never understood that.

I don't see the difference between the Envy and Proxy as much about power. I would actually say power is a distant 3rd in consideration.

1. I prefer Proxy because I throw Proxy lines. Rarely do I throw a big hyzer even on a short hole. I prefer to run straight at the basket or find an anny / flex line. I wIll throw a big hyzer if that's the best play, but that is always my last choice.

2. Plastic choices. Many people like and throw base plastic, hence it is easy to think of a Proxy as a beat Envy. I don't much care for Electron or any base plastic for that matter. I like the predictability of a disc that changes very slowly, so I throw and putt neutron and Proton when possible.

After those considerations power might come into the discussion. I like the Envy, it's a great disc, I pretty routinely have 1 in the bag, but the Proxy fits my style of play better and it gets much more air time.

Yeah, this is what I mean by the "proxy is the noodle arms' envy."

I throw the envy straight at stuff.

I think its a good alternative to people who just dont have that pop in the throw to push an envy straight, the proxy gives you that feel.

Thats why it's even more weird to watch simon throw it and complain about its stability vs the proxy when a bunch of us all throw our envies straight.

Proxy for me is a much better shot for shaping shots in the woods and throwing hyzer flips. No sense in forcing an Envy to do something it wasn't made to do. Just because I can force an Envy to turn doesn't mean I should when I have a disc that wants to turn naturally.

I never threw an Envy until recently, I have Proton Atoms and glow Pilots to cover that shot.

I know some people are religious about the Envy, I never understood that.

I tried for 2 or 3 weeks to play without an envy. Couldn't do it. I don't even throw it much anymore to be honest, but when I want it, I want it. Otherwise I'm throwing my Watt for everything now. or one of my ohms.

The biggest point I have with an envy vs a lot of other putters is I can throw way more shot shapes with an envy because of how it flies. Especially pushing huge force annies. I'm not gonna have a roller when It hits the ground, cause its going to try and bust out of it.

The ohm is a much closer disc to a beat up envy than a proxy... again I think its MVP marketing hype but for a noob it's probably the fastest way to explain it when someone is in the store, and the ohm is a touch wider.

Fwiw I can fly any line with a pp plasma envy except a long anny turnover without fading out. I usually flex it to straight.

I think @Sheep you musta taken your anti-anti-inflammatory's today haha. I'd give you a like for the sweet lines an electron envy flies but it's not out of the box... unless it's one of those proto glow Electrons. My soft ones take a few months to knock the new off. I'm also not sure how to interpret your rim pic, it looks like a relay. The rhythm looks deceptively wide. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a mayhem or vanish at 162g, they make them in proton. Just gonna have to wait and see. I will concede it looks like the OM is wider than the flight plate.View attachment 331004

I love my Ohms. I'm one of the few. They just so good. But it's really just a gyro pilot, they fly the same. I can transition seamlessly between either. Which is great when putting, cause I can grab pilots to practice putt with too.

The newer electron envies from what I've seen have been way more flippy.
But I'm also not giving huge detail, cause I"m talking about smedium and soft. vs proxy in a non electron plastic.
However, an ohm is far more stable than any electron envy. But beat up premium, for sure.

As for that other disc, yeah, its a mayhem or vanish.

The pic was to point out how much thinner the rhythm rim is on a brand new one. Vs me getting out a vanish/mayhem and a rhythm, walking down stairs, getting my phone, taking a photo, uploading it to my computer, then posting it in the chat.

Could there be proton Rhythms out there?
Maybe. There is some really strange stuff that sneaks out of HQ, but that is def not a rhythm.

Though, some of the LS ones I've seen could replace your resistor if you need a new one. The plh on them is soooo wrong.

So, everyone has been banging on about matrix's lately.

Guy posted up a 2016 circuit in the plasma/proton blend. Super nice.

After 21 hours its at 7 dollars.

I know some people love the matrix, but it's just hard to compare it to a hex when the mid does everything for you.

Now, the one that's confusing all of us is the Tangent sitting at 151 dollars right now.... what the hell.

In regard to the Matrix vs Hex
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

But the Tangent has always been terrible, I don't know who is driving that price up lol

Latest posts