• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

20160114_135601.jpg

You might find some dealers who list at 12am EST. I am pretty much sold out so won't be posting a thread.

15th is the official release date so should be available at any shop that stocks MVP.

Like Star Wars tickets

I can't remember ever seeing a dealer list a new disc at midnight. Maybe the test blend for electron last year. Idk

The main problem with electron, IMO, is not the durability. All baselines, more or less, will deform on bad hits. The problem with electron is, its nearly impossible to reform back to a normal shape. Once the flightplate warps its pretty much gonna be like that, though I haven't tried any hot water tricks on these.(Maybe somebody else has?) Other baseline discs are much easier to bend back into shape. I had a pro-d challenger for 2 years that had been taco'd a dozen times but looked completely normal and still had a mild fade.

Now this I completely agree with. Once the flight plate is warped, because of the overmold you are not going to be able to get the disc back to its original form. That's ok though. These Ions i am gtting are putters only. I like the faster Atom for approach and driving.

picture.php

New Electron on left and Proton on right.

Bead is higher on the proton. Electron is MUCH flatter. PLH the same, they just look off because of the difference in bead size. The electron fits beautifully in my hands for putting as it isn't as deep as the proton (due to thinner bead and flatter top)

Threw some putts with these today. So tough to say much when it's cold and wet out but not too shabby.

Plastic feels good though. Thanks aim.

I can't wait till tomorrow when I can snag some e ions. I haven't been this excited about a disc release in quite some time. Oh and I'll snag a plasma envy too! Yay disc golf!

picture.php

New Electron on left and Proton on right.

Bead is higher on the proton. Electron is MUCH flatter. PLH the same, they just look off because of the difference in bead size. The electron fits beautifully in my hands for putting as it isn't as deep as the proton (due to thinner bead and flatter top)

Its just the higher shoulder. Look at the PLH and OM bottom. =

View attachment 56778

View attachment 56779

Neutron on left......electron on right

Same exact PLH with electron as new plasma/neutron runs i have here but even flatter shoulder. These electron ions seem to be molded up really nice im not seeing flaws in the OM of any of the 40 here or odd spots etc.

Bottom picture shows the difference in the raised shoulder. Maybe these electrons will not puddle top as much as some ions can being flatter? Pretty damn legit though. Looks pretty much identical from 4 different plastic blends...!!!

Last edited:
Really doesn't impact flight at all given the flatter shoulder but not like any ions are really odd flying outside of early runs.

I couldn't find any of the Electron Ions on marshallstreet. Looks like they're not buying any new MVP disc

I couldn't find any of the Electron Ions on marshallstreet. Looks like they're not buying any new MVP disc

That was the sense I got a couple of weeks ago. Purging and not carrying Axiom anymore and MVP looked iffy for any future restocks of new or old molds. Might have to because of demand but it didn't sound like they were going to get anything new anytime soon.

"Those colorful rims have never looked as beautiful as they do when they fly out the door!"

That's what MST said about axiom discs, so they're probably just done with MVP as a company?

"Those colorful rims have never looked as beautiful as they do when they fly out the door!"
That's what MST said about axiom discs, so they're probably just done with MVP as a company?

IMHO that is the case. Apparently there is a rift between the companies that is so deep that MVP is washing their hands of the association with MVP/Axiom. My $0.02 suggestion to MVP is to do whatever they have to do to make it right. But it may be beyond that.

I will add to it that NONE of the PIAS stores in my area (most of Metro Atlanta) carries MVP/Axiom discs; only Disc Stalker does (that I know of). One has to wonder why that is. I would suggest that there is something MVP/Axiom is doing "not right" that causes their products not to be carried by vendors. MVP/Axiom make good products, so I really hope they can get things fixed... but I suspect that there is some ego involved that is detrimental to business.

Time will tell...

PIAS are all kind of autonomous from each other. Both of the ones near me carry a pretty decent selection of MVP/Axiom. They don't refresh the stock as often as say Innova or Trilogy. They do it about as frequently as Discraft. So just because PIAS in your bubble don't doesn't mean the entire PIAS infrastructure has something against it.

Marshall Street Disc Golf
December 23 at 3:35pm ·
We sent out 94 packages today! That is more than we sent out on Black Friday or any other day this year.

Lol. After the $9 fire sale.. Yeah no demand for mvp/axiom.

Electron ions = $ in my pocket. MST is being dumb.

My understanding was there were certain color combinations rim/plate from Axiom that just weren't selling and MST was having trouble pushing the product. MVP limits to black rims unless eclipse. I am excited to get my hands on a new e ion so I can beat it into my understable putter

Latest posts