• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I'll hold off final judgement till it gets beat in

Not sure why, but my stormtrooper Tangent has broken in a little to where it actually turns on it's own, but my yellow one hasn't changed at all yet.

I was thinking the axis was in trouble, but it's not I can put way more stank on the axis than the tangent.

I was thinking the same thing after reading this thread.
I agree w/ you @ the Axis. The closest thing I've found so far is a Meteor. Please note I said "closest"...

Not sure why, but my stormtrooper Tangent has broken in a little to where it actually turns on it's own, but my yellow one hasn't changed at all yet.

I have the blue one @ 172g. I'll hopefully have a chance to rip it into some trees *:eek:* this evening during local dubs.

I got to throw a neutron one the other day and it was exceptionally comfortable in my hand. I throw comets often and it flew fairly similar in speed and turn+fade. It was pretty effortless to make it fly straight or turn slowly. I can tell you for sure that if I were not already so attached to comets, I would bag a tangent without a second thought.

been throwing the hell out of my 173 and it is turning on it own. the less used 176 i have to help it over. nice dichotomy of a standstill version and x step version.

I got a white 170g and a yellow 173, the white has a flatter top and is significantly less stable than the yellow but I thought it was the 3g. I bagged the stormtrooper for now. I looked yesterday 35m on one of our tees, so 112', that's about how far I need to get it moving for some late anhyzer action.

It's all a tight, short woods game out here, 6-8' wide is a fairway. So yeah that's why I'm throwing it on ridiculously short stuff. It won't replace any mids just complement a Comet and Axis, Ion Anode. The tangent is threatening my shorter drivers more, Stalker/ Roadrunner, some Axis shots. It kinda reminds me of a short Roadrunner.

I really dig it for FH, pretty similar to an Anode but I am Princess Sissy Flick so meh.

I'm very attached to my orange tangent, like all my other mids, orange seems to be the color that flies best for me, the yellow one i have is slightly more domey, but not much difference, maybe a slight bit more fade. i plan on having it in the bag as a backup in case i lose the orange.

Used the Tangent in my first tournament of the year on sat, on a course i have never played before and WOW, this thing was offering complete control, i was throwing it on a rope out to 250', and it was holding up in 10-15mph gusts!

Easily took 3rd place, but should have took 1st if my putting was on, i missed about 6-7 putts from within 25' and chained out on 2 from about 35-40'.. need to work on that, maybe do some putt 360 sessions.

Overall the tangent is going to be extremely valuable in tournament play this year, and the neutral control with added mild to moderate wind resistance makes it an amazing disc.

I grabbed a 171g N Tangent on Saturday. I've been playing with heavier US mids and they would always fade out too early on annies. Not the Tangent, this disc has made me forget about my Fuse and Tursas (I never really bonded with the Tursas anyway). I'm really looking forward to playing with the Tangent, it may have gotten me hooked on MVP...

little pet peeve, turn right... not fade right, unless youre flicking

I totally agree with you. Fade is what happens to to a disc towards the end of it's flight when it slows down (very minimally in the case of the Tangent). While we're on this topic, I can't stand when people write "disk" instead of "disc."

This is good to hear since the wind is gusting pretty good right now in my neck o' the woods.

I want to add that i was using it on tailwinds of 10-15mph and it was going dead straight with a little extra fade at the end, when i threw it into headwinds it wanted to turn and not come out of the turn just straighten out, but it NEVER burned or took a dump.. it just held the turn into the headwind and kept going on that turn then slightly straightened out at the end leaving me about 30' further right of where i wanted.. With added hyzer on the release i think it would have gone straight without a problem, i just need to get used to it.

for a neutral disc this thing is a wind fighter.. i think its because of the bead and low glide with gyro combo.. makes it the best neutral disc for wind i have thrown.

ANY other neutral disc such as a comet would have burned hard in those winds and left me with hard recovery shots.. at least the Tangent fights through it and maintains distance.

It is very comfortable in the hands and will most likely replace my Fuse. I only had a couple shots with it and will be testing out about 35 discs when the temp hits 60 and it is mildly dry. Disc Golf season is upon us.

I'm really liking my Tangent but I have a problem and was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I normally throw flat straight shots. My Fuse/comet are great for this. I've found my Tangent seems to fall out of the sky quickly. It's landing straight not fading. If I put some air under it I can get some distance. I love how this disc shapes any line but kinda bums me out that it's so short. Does this happen to anyone else? Distances i'm getting. around 200ft if thrown flat the disc sits down. If I put some air under it i can get it out to 250-275 but I have to get it up in the air if there were tree limbs that wouldn't work.

I'm really liking my Tangent but I have a problem and was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I normally throw flat straight shots. My Fuse/comet are great for this. I've found my Tangent seems to fall out of the sky quickly. It's landing straight not fading. If I put some air under it I can get some distance. I love how this disc shapes any line but kinda bums me out that it's so short. Does this happen to anyone else? Distances i'm getting. around 200ft if thrown flat the disc sits down. If I put some air under it i can get it out to 250-275 but I have to get it up in the air if there were tree limbs that wouldn't work.

For me the tangent is really like a long putter. It doesn't throw super long like the axis and vector are capable of, but the control and lack of glide makes it an amazing approach disc.

For me the tangent is really like a long putter.

This....the tangent is the point and shot version of putters. The tangent hits lines and approaces with simple easy throws that normally require a powered up or high putter throw.

the only putts i've made this week were "too lazy to grab my ion" tangent putts.
what am i supposed to just bag 10 of these?

I'm really liking my Tangent but I have a problem and was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I've found my Tangent seems to fall out of the sky quickly. It's landing straight not fading. If I put some air under it I can get some distance. .

Yup exactly my issue, actually it's more of an issue with expectations I had. I top out at 250' with any mid. When you get over that it has a unique appeal, it's nice to have something slower, bless MVP I wouldn't part with their putters but my Rhyno made it back in the bag because I know it won't get that super glide by accident.

My 172 Tangent glides significantly better than my 178 Stormtrooper (which kind of flies like you describe). That yellow 172 flies just about as long as my Axis (176).

Awesome thanks for the comments. I had a feeling the disc was flying as intended. It's going to stay in the bag for a while.