• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

Will do buddy.

Gibson ranch lacks funds. They were doing a brink thing where u buy a brick and get your name put on it but i dont think it amounted to anything.

That's pathetic but not surprising. The Sacramento disc golf community has huge numbers and desperate need for new (quality) courses, but it apparently lacks any sense of public spirit. I know there are some quality people out there, but they are heavily outweighed by the "shady folks" of Shady Oaks- meatheads that feel they are entitled to something without contributing anything. Those courses ought to be pay-to-play. That would go a long way towards weeding out the freeloaders, and perhaps a portion of the funds generated could go to new course installation.

That's pathetic but not surprising. The Sacramento disc golf community has huge numbers and desperate need for new (quality) courses, but it apparently lacks any sense of public spirit. I know there are some quality people out there, but they are heavily outweighed by the "shady folks" of Shady Oaks- meatheads that feel they are entitled to something without contributing anything. Those courses ought to be pay-to-play. That would go a long way towards weeding out the freeloaders, and perhaps a portion of the funds generated could go to new course installation.

Both rocklin and shady are like that, Compounded by people who have no consideration for others on the course. From what I understand Gibson ranch will be pay to park, I may be wrong but hope I'm not. That would really help to detour the freeloaders that just want an outdoor space to get drunk and talk s***. I have a few good ideas that I plan to present to help funding, but I want to make sure they are going to be lucritive to put together before I commit. I will post here when these ideas start to come together, shouldn't be too long.

Yea I wish O.V would go to pay to play. This was just passed down to the golfers from the parks department.

The surrounding neighbors of Shady Oaks have voiced some complaints to the park. The complaints are about PARKING across the street (someone parked on one of their front lawn), and the DRINKING AND SMOKING POT! In turn there is an UNDERCOVER POLICEMAN walking the course and handing out tickets to anyone he sees breaking the law! Tickets for an open container from what I know is $300!!! There is a middle school right next to the course. Kids are present all the time there, especially with little league practices and games. We have to change this! It's got to be OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND! ALL OF IT!!! Not only for you as individuals, but for the course as a whole. If this keeps we will be subject to a magnitude of consequences! If you see someone doing it, let them know about this. Pass the word, in other words. As far as parking, there is overflow parking around the other side of the park off of Filbert between Oak and Elm. Also for you night golfers parking across the street at night are NOT WELCOME!!! With the trash left out in front of these peoples yards, and people parking on someones lawn, you are putting us playing during the day in jeopordy.
Thanks and WATCH OUT

You also got to remember alot of public spirit was lost when the t-pads and sleeves were concreted into the ground at del paso park in sac and one person put a stop to that course.

Last edited:
I have also been told the the city of Sacramento will be putting in 5 more course in which two will be 18 holes the first was Oak Park. But this process will be over like 3-5 years or something like that.

Played heritage park this weekend in Lemoore and had mixed feelings. The course will be 5 times better in 3-4 years when the hundred trees that were planted have grown out. There was a few cool holes, but a few short must birdies too. Nice to see another course in the area, but as it sits you could easily shot 9-18 down if your on. Hardest hole is hole 9 and I got that one, but missed a few putts while playing it. The Central Valley there in Visilia is growing though.

New course update for Central Cali:

Lake Kaweah

From Chuck Woody

Yes I met with Jerry on Saturday and laid out the first 7 holes...looks like they will go in then another 6 etc due to budget...that's the way it will be...so there will be disc golf at the lake soon...when I have dates I will post it.

9 concrete tees have been installed at lake Sonoma. Plans for
9 more in due time.

Just noticed someone added a course in Raymond California. Looks like there will be a few courses add soon.

Local club members have been trying to expand Hensley lake and it has already been laid out. I played the 18 hole layout there and it's sweet. I heard this year it will officially expand.

Excellent, I'm up that way at least once a year on the way to Yosemite, I'll have to check that out.

The owner at the KOA campground in Willits, CA is talking about redesigning the existing course and adding an object course through a nature trail area that has great terrain for a course. She is looking for advice and help with the design(s)...

Hey Lion or anybody that might know.
Any word on the course in Brookings? I'm headed up that way in May. Don't suppose it will be up by then?
Any other courses in the area going in by then? Or will the course in Cresent City be the only game in town?

Thanks all!

Local club members have been trying to expand Hensley lake and it has already been laid out. I played the 18 hole layout there and it's sweet. I heard this year it will officially expand.

Hensley's expansion is being headed by the club from Merced. They've got the baskets, and the approval to move forward. But, their home course in Merced, Fahren's Park, was just approved by the City to permanently expand to 18 holes so I think that will get first priority. As for the new course in Raymond, apparently the principal at the school where it's located wanted to install it and contacted the guys from the Merced club for input. I have yet to check that course out.