• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

The city of Oceanside has some land that it wants made into a disc golf course. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics, but from what I know it is pretty likely.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see this take a bit longer than we want, though. I have heard Kinetic has its eye on a spot in South County that would likely take priority over this. That's if they can deal with the hassle of competing with Morley.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see this take a bit longer than we want, though. I have heard Kinetic has its eye on a spot in South County that would likely take priority over this. That's if they can deal with the hassle of competing with Morley.

if they create even just a good course, i would play it over morely, not a real big fan of having to get there at 7am just to play a cluster free round

if they create even just a good course, i would play it over morely, not a real big fan of having to get there at 7am just to play a cluster free round

Oh without a doubt. It would be huge for South County disc golfers. But I have heard the guy who runs Morley would be less than stoked about it (understandably). But that area could use five more courses and still have Morley be packed. Anything will help.

Plus, then all you South County guys won't have to come and gum up my North County courses. ;)

Oh without a doubt. It would be huge for South County disc golfers. But I have heard the guy who runs Morley would be less than stoked about it (understandably). But that area could use five more courses and still have Morley be packed. Anything will help.

Plus, then all you South County guys won't have to come and gum up my North County courses. ;)

yeah no kidding! i ahve only been playing 4-5 months so i have yet to get up to the north county courses. its killing me sa i have pneumonia so i cant get out and play, and have the spring fling at morely on the 20th.

that aside. if they added 2-3 courses in our area i think it would actually help morely as some of the people that dont actually play there sure to the crowds would come back out and play. i need to get up and play some NC courses

Easy way to go on this, step 1: get old fire extiguishers. Step 2: cut the tops off. Step 3: drill a hole in what was the botom for the bolt to go through. Step 4: put them over the top of posts. Step 5: attach to post with a washer and a lag bolt. Step 6: Enjoy. :D

These will make the nicest and loudest tonepoles that exist. Now you need to show me around that course next time I'm down that way Mike.:p

I know how to make a tone!! With the DG shop and the 9 hole Lava expansion I have no time to make this project happen. Don't get me wrong, this course WILL be epic. Consider this course as a fine wine, time will make it better.

Hensley's expansion is being headed by the club from Merced. They've got the baskets, and the approval to move forward. But, their home course in Merced, Fahren's Park, was just approved by the City to permanently expand to 18 holes so I think that will get first priority. As for the new course in Raymond, apparently the principal at the school where it's located wanted to install it and contacted the guys from the Merced club for input. I have yet to check that course out.

The course at the elementary school is in and playable. Make sure you download the map because the signs aren't in yet. Alternatively, PM me and I'll play it with you or arrange for you to have a guide.

I actually got most of my help on designing the course from these message boards. It's remarkable the level of expertise of some of the folks who generously offer feedback here. It's only gotten one review so far. I'd love to have some of you come and give me some feedback, whether in the form of a review or PM.

The course at the elementary school is in and playable. Make sure you download the map because the signs aren't in yet. Alternatively, PM me and I'll play it with you or arrange for you to have a guide.

I actually got most of my help on designing the course from these message boards. It's remarkable the level of expertise of some of the folks who generously offer feedback here. It's only gotten one review so far. I'd love to have some of you come and give me some feedback, whether in the form of a review or PM.

I should be up that way in July and again in November, I'll try to make it there. If I do, I'll let you know.

From Ross Hammond:
To Disc Golfers in Fresno Area and beyond,

After discussions with the owners of China Peak, we regret to inform you that the China Peak disc golf course will not move forward this summer. We understand that all of you will be disappointed by this news. We're disappointed too. With any luck at all, next winter will be better so we can open the disc golf course in Summer 2014.

Although China Peak is committed to having a world-class course, this past winter's lack of snow made it a very difficult year for them financially. So we will use the time between now and next Spring to refine the design and get firm commitments for hole sponsorships. If you have already committed to sponsor a hole -- thank you! If you are interested please let me know.

Thank you so much for your interest and enthusiasm. And thanks in advance for your continued support. We are confident that the awesome 27-hole layout will be well worth the wait.

Keep banging those chains!

Ross, Craig & Leonard

Just saw on facebook that the DGC at the Brewing Lair in Blairsden, CA is now open for play. Anybody play this one yet? I'll try to make it there the next time I get up to Truckee, but was wondering if anyone that's in the area had heard anything.

I heard that a course was just completed at Lake Amador - opening for play this weekend.

Just saw on facebook that the DGC at the Brewing Lair in Blairsden, CA is now open for play.

I heard that a course was just completed at Lake Amador - opening for play this weekend.

Damn this is some good news! Two more courses within 2 hours of me. One at a brewery, the other a campground with gorgeous views.

Gonna have to make some time and head out to play these!

Anyone have any pix of the courses and/or maps?

attachment.php

This is approximately the land that will be used. I know that we have to stay a certain distance from the river to the south as it's a bird sanctuary. There's also a hobo camp (little white squares in the upper left of the map) so I'm not sure how that will factor in.

Right now it's mostly flat with little or no trees. :\ I haven't walked it yet so I'll let you know what I think later.

Attachments

• Olivas Park.jpg
    Olivas Park.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 71