• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Michigan Courses?

On a side note, I'll be in Adrian, MI, this weekend visiting the in-laws...yes, I've played Heritage, and will only play there if I can't get out anywhere else. Probably won't be able to stray too far if I do, but would LOVE to hit Ypsi, or at least Jackson. Adrian's kind of in the disc golf butthole of Michigan...

On a side note, I'll be in Adrian, MI, this weekend visiting the in-laws...yes, I've played Heritage, and will only play there if I can't get out anywhere else. Probably won't be able to stray too far if I do, but would LOVE to hit Ypsi, or at least Jackson. Adrian's kind of in the disc golf butthole of Michigan...

I haven't played Heritage, but it doesn't sound like i'm missing much. lol

From Adrian, Jackson CC is proly the closest after Heritage. But I've heard it is impossible to navigate alone and not that great overall. There's also Parmalee & Vienna to the southeast. Both are decent. Solid city parks, just nothing amazing.

If your looking for quality, the next closest and your best bets would be Rolling Hills and/or The Ponds. Rolling Hills is a unique layout and pretty fun. The Ponds doesn't have very much variety, but it is a good environment and good time. The on-site Throw Shop is cool too.

Last edited:
Update {9/1/11}-

--2011 NEW COURSES--
-Scottville DGC- Scottville {20 Holes}
-Big Bend- White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park- Holt {18 Holes}
-Carly's Playground- Traverse City {18 Holes} [Mt. Holiday Redesign]
-Diggins Hill- Cadillac {18 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park- Howell {18 Holes}
-Superior Pines- Grand Marais {18 Holes}
-Hanson Hills (Short Course)- Grayling {9 Holes}
-Lake Linden-Hubbell DGC- Lake Linden {9 Holes}
-MCTI DGC- Plainwell {9 Holes} [Private]
-Taymouth Park- Burt {9 Holes}

--2011 PENDING COURSES--
-Mt. McSauba- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area- Bay City {18 Holes}
-Bertha Brock- Ionia {9-18 Holes}
-Ira Township Park- Ira {9 Holes}
-Washtenaw Community College- Ann Arbor {3-9 Holes}

If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.

Just played Burchfield Park yesterday. Seriously one of the best courses I've played. I've only played at 10+ courses around the Southeast mostly, but this one takes the cake over all those.

I HOPE they build some new courses somewhere near here, and soon, because here in Grand Rapids, I've been to all the nearest parks within a 45 minute radius or so, and I gotta say, I'm getting sick of them, especially Riverside.