• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Michigan Courses?

They're putting a new course in Holland, at the old country club. No info was given other than it'll be next year. Given that its going in on an old golf course it should leave plenty of room for some bomber holes. I believe the river also runs through that property also. Only a few minutes off of I96 as well.

About an hour from Mason is Hudson Mills, two great courses, and Independence Lake, one of, if not the best course I have played so far. They are definitely must-plays.

I had the opportunity to guide some disc golfers who call Hudson Mills there home course up in Alpena, MI at Lumberjack Meadows today. They said some amazing things about Hudson Mills and invited me and my wife to come down and throw the course with them. I am really trying to work that into my vacation!

Anyway, Lumberjack Meadows DGC in Alpena, MI is not a new course, it was built in 2009, but it is still not finished. The original designer has lost time and interest last year, so I have picked up the flag and started running with it. The course now has full Hole Signage in place for 18 holes and is about halfway mowed. It is truly a gem in the middle of nowhere and if you ever find a reason to come to Alpena... this would be it. There is a lot of landscaping that still needs to be done, however I have been doing it by myself cause nobody else is volunteering...even when I offer free beer... ugh oh well, that won't stop me from finishing it and having an official Grand Opening on September 17th, 2011 with a Discraft Ace Race event... should be a blast.

Ones going in up in the central mi area that I know of. Odyssey High in Shepherd. Near Mt. Pleasant. Also there are talks of one in the next year or two in Alma. 45 min up 127 from Lansing.

Diggins Hill in Cadillac has concrete tees poured. I talked to some Cadillac guys at a tourney today about it.

Stony continues to have work done on it. I was told at the beginning of the month the redesign was about 25% done. So hopefully by fall the new holes will be playable.

9 basket/18 hole course Duke's Campground in Cedar Springs, MI (15-20 min north of grand rapids)

I think it's $5 to play but you get to use the showers/pool or something.

About time northern GR got a course, the south side sucks.

From Jeff Schwass of Ludington Disc Golf:

"SCOTTVILLE UPDATE- it should be in the ground Aug 12- ran into issues with the "swamp" area AND the field- temp course will be 20 holes par 60- we hope to revamp this fall and have it be permanant and 24 holes- lots of work and need permission for permanant- we are working on"

Scottville Update:

Jeff Schwass 28 minutes ago
There will be steps there soon- course is easy to follow after that- 20 holes now in

Jeff Schwass 28 minutes ago
Scottville- South of Scottville at city limits- park is on left- disc course is way in back behind campground in an area marked "keep out" (trying to get them to take that down)- first hole is hard to find right now- cross down a trail towards to small buildings- hole #1

There Is a new 9 hole course in Burt MI, at the Taymouth Township Park. I have played it once and really liked it.

Stony won't have the extra holes added till next year. I recently walked where they did a lot of the work, and man are they going to be sweet.

Stony continues to have work done on it. I was told at the beginning of the month the redesign was about 25% done. So hopefully by fall the new holes will be playable.

gonna throw this in here but we're having a DGCR flip city meet October 21-23rd... singles/doubles/ace race....
since there's lots of michigan people on this thread... there's a link in my signature for anyone who wants more info :)
thanks

I just heard that the course at Bay City State Park might be delayed until next year. Does anyone know if there is a course in Tawas City?

Any more info on this course? I'm headed up that way soon so would like to check it out if it is playable right now..
it's playable, 18 holes. only holes 1 and 3 (now #2) of the original course are the same, the rest is all new

I added in the Scottville course after playing yesterday with hole lengths. If anyone is camera savvy and can add pics that would be rad.

One area in Michigan that seems that it would benefit greatly from a course is Coldwater. It's like the black hole of disc golf in Michigan where you would just think there should be a course and there isn't. Closest course is about a half hour away and there are tons of parks that could have a course in it around there.

Latest posts