• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Run of 12x Firebirds

It's exactly what they work for; lightweight and super stable ... maybe the perfect thumber disc.

Do these new light weight fb work well for thumber distance? try it....no disc will turn slower than a z extreme at least i thought that was the case....maybe the opto snowflake XXX.

If it's like a First Run Glo Champ FB, I'm in!
If you throw it correctly, you can literally thro that glow FB around a left corner and get it to skid 100'
Those things are amazing.

what were the first run glo champ fbs?

Finally got mine and got a chance to throw it. I compared it to my star Firebird and my Z Flick. This disc goes right inbetween the two. More stable than my firebird, but not nearly as overstable as my Flick. People said these are the most overstable thing made and they are garbage but I disagree. They are just a touch more stable version of the firebird that I love. Now qualms from me.

409642_10151004598187270_1438824531_n.jpg

almost pearly, really grippy

I have a 160 EXACTLY like this. Best run of champ plastic in a long time. And it bombs.

I picked up this pearly blue table top flat Firebird today, very stable just like a new 11x. Best brand new Innova champion disc I've bought in a while.
IMAG0222.jpg

I just saw a bunch of X-outs Fbirds just like that except they were green and purple, I wish there was a nice blue one like that.

they had to do something to keep competitive with lat64 and ti plastic.. Lets be realistic, starlite.. lololol what a joke

I love firebirds that being said i wish innova would run the flat FB and the domey F ones. I have 3 firebirds in my bag and the Flat FB marked firebirds are too stable for anhyzer pan shots but the domey F marked firebirds are just perfect.

what were the first run glo champ fbs?

I think the CFR Glows that came out with the asia open ones are what he means.

all are tourney stamped ones from that time are flat flat flat....there are older champ glow firebirds2009-earlier that are really nice those were the first run ones that have a slight dome.

So I'm reading that some people say these are stupid stable and some say they are awsomely overstable. How do these compare to a new 11x firebird? I'm thinking of picking one up for super hdwinds (which I experienced today...was brutal), skips, and utility.

So I'm reading that some people say these are stupid stable and some say they are awsomely overstable. How do these compare to a new 11x firebird? I'm thinking of picking one up for super hdwinds (which I experienced today...was brutal), skips, and utility.

Incredibly overstable. I don't throw them backhand.

The one I have is a meathook and a half. Stupidly overstable... Not to mention I am not impressed with the durability, first throw accross some pebbly sand and it's got some mean road rash. That's the thing with Innova's new plastic, it feels so solid, but it's really kinda ****ty.

I picked up a new FB a couple months ago, not a 12x but with numbers and marked "F". It's 172g, pretty gummy, very flat and CRAZY overstable. The only disc I've thrown that was even close is an HPP Blaze that I've got. But that has enough glide to actually penetrate foreward, this thing just falls left. I failed to throw it much over 250', even with a hard anny release and snap. This thing is only good for overhand or FH roller shots, unless it's a hard hooking shot. I'll stick with a Predator for OS/headwind duties...

If you like a good Firebird then you will love the new ones. Pretty damn overstable but they just keep getting better the more you throw them. That's the best part about the bird. The more beat they get, the longer they get but the fade never goes away. The new runs are great. Wind won't be an issue.

They look so nice. Some people were saying they wouldnt go very far without crashing into the ground. How far should they go if I'm throwing teebirds 380? I guess the best way to figure all this out would be to buy one. I just don't like wasting money on plastic I dont like.

i would get my t-birds out to 400, and these 12x firebirds only travel about 300 feet when thrown flat and HARD. They'll get about 150 feet of straight-ish flight, and the rest is a relentless pursuit of the ground.
They do make amazing forehand discs though. I never tackle a new course without one.

I finally decided to check out a Firebird and the first one I got was one of these crosshatch scratchy textured ones. Super hard, super flat, max weight, I wouldn't dream of trying to throw it for any sort of distance over 250 (and for that I give it a BH roller release!) and I love it. Managed to get a second one with tournament winnings last week. It's a lot like my Drone - I'm happy if I don't have to use it, but if I do need it, nothing else will do. Only keeping the Drone around cuz it doesn't skip (much).

I have been buying these 12x FB's left and right. 168-170 for throwing thumbers. I own many firebirds but as soon as I bought a 12x I noticed a difference in flight. these FB's are flying way out to the left, nice glide then they finish hard right. sweet controlled thumber. I am getting more distance with these than my 11x FB's.

Latest posts