• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the pearl clutching commence!

Nikko was out of line for sure. But come on people. Every other sport has the athletes do that sort of crap to officials, including soccer which houses the least masculine male athletes of the major sports. Let's not act like Nikko is a crazy person doing crazy things.

The real enigma to me is how Nikko can be the most exciting disc golfer while spending most of his time doing nothing pre-shot. The honest answer is that disc golf is plain boring. TD's should pay Nikko to show up and get DQ'd for youtube views.

I'll take "Legendary Bad Takes" for 1000, Alex.

How anyone can defend this ******* after acting like this, on and off the course - for the better part of 20 years! - is the only thing more crazy than Nikko

Let the pearl clutching commence!

Nikko was out of line for sure. But come on people. Every other sport has the athletes do that sort of crap to officials, including soccer which houses the least masculine male athletes of the major sports. Let's not act like Nikko is a crazy person doing crazy things.

So if its ok to be an a$$hat in another sport it should be ok everywhere? Is that what you're saying? Or are you saying some of this is over reacting?

Last edited:
PDGA Competition Manual 3.03 Player Misconduct
B. If a player violates the above standard, the Tournament Director may opt, in their sole discretion, to issue a tournament warning for a first offense (except as specified in 3.03.C). Otherwise, the Tournament Director will immediately disqualify the player. Actions that violate this standard include, but are not limited to:
1. Repeated and overt use of abusive or profane language.
2. Throwing items in anger (other than discs in play).
3. Overt rudeness or threatening behavior to anyone present.

OR

C. The following actions also violate the above standard. Players who commit one or more of these violations will not receive a warning, and will be immediately disqualified by the Tournament Director:
1. Cheating: a willful attempt to circumvent the rules of play.

Bravo on the DQ. :clap::clap::clap:

Be interesting to see if this earns him some future disciplinary action.

That's a well deserved dq imo.

Not to excuse his reaction by any means, but I do find it odd how randomly the 30s rule is enforced. People break this all the freaking time.

Yes, but Nikko breaks it constantly. And for a lengthy time...not just a short bit over 30 seconds.

It wouldn't surprise me if a fellow player called/texted the TD about Nikko's slow play and the TD/assistant showed up and put him on a timer.

I've heard the guy in the video was a TD or assistant TD or something. I don't know if that's true...but assume it might be. I thought he handled it like a guy who was there doing a job...honestly it could have gone a lot worse if the guy had just been a volunteer who just thought "I'm not getting paid, why would I back up just because this guy walked up on me".

He was probably hoping to defuse the situation....but I would have had a hard time not saying "Look, you are the one who got in my face....I'm not backing up".

He was probably hoping to defuse the situation....but I would have had a hard time not saying "Look, you are the one who got in my face....I'm not backing up".

That's what galls me the most. The TD stepped back, and Goober stepped forward, and got right into his face, then had the nerve to tell TD to back up...

It's just stupid. No possible way to defend it. It's the epitome of acting like an entitled little sh*t.

I've tried to like Nikko but he just has an extremely un-likable persona all raging/taking too long aside.

All the videos I've seen where he's being "nice" just seem so forced.. like the guy literally is suppressing the urge to be a d-bag 24/7.

So if its ok to be an a$$hat in another sport it should be ok everywhere? Is that what you're saying? Or are you saying some of this is over reacting?

Im clearly saying that people are overreacting, not that it is okay. But based on the point made previously, that the official is a volunteer and not a paid official, I am inclined to change my opinion. Mean mugging a fan just helping out for the day is pretty terrible.

It'll be interesting to see what people say on the local pages in St. Louis. Not everyone here loves him by any means but it seems like some folks in the community will defend him no matter what. The guy needs to wake up or face some severe consequences beyond the DQ before he does something worse in the heat of the moment.

I know you all have anxiously been awaiting my thoughts, so here goes.

1. Nikko was incredibly out of line and should be suspended for a few events (I'm a forgiver), but will likely be done for rest of the season. Any more than that would be going way too far and an overreaction.

2. The rule can be enforced better. The PGA Tour has to notify the players that they are on the clock before they can time them and access a penalty. Was Nikko notified? Sure didn't seem like it. i don't know if notification is required by the PDGA but if not, it sure should be. Surprises tend to result in much larger reactions so that should be taken into account when discussing further penalties.

3. I bet Cat and Nikko are done after this. There also has to be moments like this in their relationship. It's going to be hard for her to keep it together this tourney. heading back for the day in 1st, ready to celebrate and doucheboy trumps it all with this act.

4. I just ordered a Clash Disc - some Popcorn to mess around with as it all unfolds.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.