• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nobody throws it but me!

Discraft Xpress Elite X, DX Cobra, Have a Discraft Deuce on the wall.

Just got an Express Elite X yesterday and threw it on a hole I'd been having trouble with because it's such a long narrow fairway. I put a little hyzer on it and it flattened out and went like an arrow at the pin. Any disc that get's me a birdie first time in the bag is bound to be a favorite. Seemed great on a long annies too!

The disc I love to pull out and see if anybody else has one is my champ Panther. So far all I've seen is confused looks.

well I don't know anybody else locally that uses Voodoos.
The first disc I ever bought for myself was a #2 Helix ... bet I'd have a hard time finding anyone using that.

I used to throw a Discraft Eclispe that I had not seen anyone throw around here. I lost it, but it is just as well because I had grown out of that disc anyway. It was God's way of moving me in to some new plastic.

I would have a DX Viper in my bag, but mine is currently sitting somewhere on the side of hole 2 at Johnson Street. As soon as I get some money to buy one, that will probably be one of the first discs I get purposely.

I have played with alot of people, and I am the only person I have seen who throws a Star Coyote. I love it. Its my go to midrange

I have played with alot of people, and I am the only person I have seen who throws a Star Coyote. I love it. Its my go to midrange

I've got a Champ Coyote which I love as well! It's actually got a dye job to look like Captain America's shield...so sweet. I'll have to get a pic up here sometime...

i have thrown a daredevil timberwolf and wolverine a couple times and loved it..most people have never even heard of em..i didnt until i played with a random guy i met on the course threw it...he only threw it on 2 holes, and said he only brings it out when theres no chance of losing it....turn out on both throws he had 2 beautiful ace runs...i hitting the basket and the other skipping just inches away from chains...he said he got his online, the only reason i havnt ordered one yet is i dont have a job and a baby on the way....definitely not a time to buy a new disc or two..

heres the two discs i was talking about if you wanna check em out
http://www.daredevildiscs.com/timberwolf.html
http://www.daredevildiscs.com/wolverine.html

they have a pretty sweet design on the discs and they feel great in the hand and are very predictable...if you have some extra cash i strongly recommend you to pick one of these babies up!!

Do people still throw the Omega AP? Most people I've seen with an Omega have the super-soft and not the AP, but the Omega AP is my go-to putter and approach disc.

I would have a DX Viper in my bag, but mine is currently sitting somewhere on the side of hole 2 at Johnson Street. As soon as I get some money to buy one, that will probably be one of the first discs I get purposely.

I have been trying a lot of other discs to replace the dx viper in my bag. Currently I have been (the only person I know) using a star whippet. But, I sure like the big hyzer around the tree (#9 Johnny) with the viper! I am still trying to get the control with the whippet and Drone that I had with the viper.

QuestAT Double D. Anybody ever thrown one? I throw it (RHFH) on the hardest anhyzer and it flips back SOO hard, its really cool to watch :)

I have been trying a lot of other discs to replace the dx viper in my bag. Currently I have been (the only person I know) using a star whippet. But, I sure like the big hyzer around the tree (#9 Johnny) with the viper! I am still trying to get the control with the whippet and Drone that I had with the viper.

You throw a big hyzer on #9 at Johnny Roberts? wow, that seems a little overkill on that little bitty hole. (I was out there for a week this summer and I played that course 6 times.)

but yeah, nothing seems to fly like a viper.

Last edited:
You throw a big hyzer on #9 at Johnny Roberts? wow, that seems a little overkill on that little bitty hole. (I was out there for a week this summer and I played that course 6 times.)

but yeah, nothing seems to fly like a viper.

If you shoot at the pin, the river is in play big time. But, if you throw around the cottonwood tree, the worst thing that can happen is hitting the trees in front of the pin, and coming in from the side you usually can see the pin to putt. Also, going straight at the pin and you hit those trees, They will be blocking your putt. I learned this playing Tags at Johnny, it seamed like most of them came in from the side!

I also now throw a discraft Spectra, I haven't seen anyone else with one yet so that's pretty sweet. I bought it on a whim and I've enjoyed it so far we'll see how long that'll last, but it flies super straight for me with very little fade.

If you shoot at the pin, the river is in play big time. But, if you throw around the cottonwood tree, the worst thing that can happen is hitting the trees in front of the pin, and coming in from the side you usually can see the pin to putt. Also, going straight at the pin and you hit those trees, They will be blocking your putt. I learned this playing Tags at Johnny, it seamed like most of them came in from the side!

I understand that, I'm just confident enough to go straight at it. Of course, I've only played the course 5 times and I might never get to play it again. It does make good sense to go in from the side though.

How about a Banshee? I haven't seen it mentioned, and I am the only person I know that uses one. I carry a 169 and 175 (or 174, I forget) champion.

How about a Banshee? I haven't seen it mentioned, and I am the only person I know that uses one. I carry a 169 and 175 (or 174, I forget) champion.

I love my champ banshee for hard hyzers and skip shots, as well as the occasional forehand shot.

Latest posts