• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P2 psycho: who else loves it?

Could be the case for me as well since I can easily get my S-P2 out over 300', Aviar3 is a little shorter for me. But since it's more comfortable in hand, I get more consistent releases with it.

I actually had the most trouble forehanding the P2. I throw all my of discs fh and bh. I could get really hyzered releases out OK.

I'm all in on the aviar3. It's been great. The DX is obviously seasoning faster than the star but both are still really valuable. I wouldn't mind snagging a luster if they come out nice.

I ended up snagging a yeti aviar as a compliment, the DX aviar3 is far too stable for straight/slight turnover shots

Just ordered a couple of MF C-line P2s. Anyone throw them much? I lost my favorite, slightly OS S-line P2 and wanted something like it that would be a good choice in the wind and for high power drives. Thoughts?

Currently having a putt off between a Ringer D Line and a P2 Psycho D Line...really having pretty good results with both compared to other putters I've tried: Deputy, Pure, Aviar, Aviar Classic.

I have 3 questions about the P2:
1) How does the P Line P2 compared to the D Line P2? (I've read it is softer, gripier, and more durable than the D but in an old post I read the opposite)
2) Are the profile for the two plastics identical?
3) Do all P2 putters have "Psycho" on them (I like it)?

And if you know anything about the Ringer, how does X Line compare to D Line?

I'll only be using this disc for putting.

Thanks!!!

TripleB

Currently having a putt off between a Ringer D Line and a P2 Psycho D Line...really having pretty good results with both compared to other putters I've tried: Deputy, Pure, Aviar, Aviar Classic.

1) How does the P Line P2 compared to the D Line P2? (I've read it is softer, gripier, and more durable than the D but in an old post I read the opposite)

Thanks!!!

TripleB

The P-line P2s I have felt have been very slick, I have heard there are tacky ones, but I haven't seen or felt them.

The X Ringer is Soft-X, Has a really nice feel (to me) and is not as slick as regular X. Pro D is a crap shoot, I have felt some really nice Pro-d and some that felt like holding a soft candle or crayon.

Not all p2s say psycho. There are many of both P and D that do and do not.
The profile for D and P are identical in my experience.
From what I have read, the stiffness depends on the run. I have 2 D lines from the same run, and a 3yr old P line and and a P line from earlier this year, the Ds are more flexible than both Ps.
Out of the box I agree that the P line is very slick but after very little use it gets very grippy, much more than the D. My old P line is absolute money and if you are buying for putting I don't think you can get better than a P-P2.
For driving, both beat in to be very flippy indeed, I use a beat D-line as my flippiest throwing putter with the other as a backup. If you want a stable thrower that will stay that way, get an S or a C line.

Thanks!!!

TripleB

The P-line P2, which I really like, starts out more slick than the D-line, but with use it'll be a bit less slick, i.e. more grippy.

The profiles should be the same.

You may only use it for putting, but at some point try a P2 for upshots/approaches. The P2 is really good for that.

None of my P2s, S-, X-, P-, etc., have the "angry cat" or the word "Psycho" on them, which is what I prefer...

I appreciate all the input!

Had a long putt off today with the 172g P2, 165g Ringer, and 174g Ringer. The Ringers (specifically the 174g one) won out.

That being said, I went by a local sports store today and felt that Judge again and something about the plastic and the bead just give me all kinds of confidence. I'm going to order a Classic Blend 172g Judge. If it doesn't workout I'll take my 174g Ringer back from my 10 year old son and use it!

Again, thanks all the help!

TripleB

I just felt the need to express my love for the p2. P line, D line, S line. (need C-Line, oh gods I need one). The disc is Money and all the plastics serve different purposes for me. P-line for putting, D-line for BH approaches and Turnovers. S-Line for short hyzers and approaches into the wind. It's easily my most thrown mold and after years of searching for the perfect putting putter, I have found it.

I could never get the release as clean as I like on FH (too deep), so I use the Mortar for those shots.

Noticed this while watching Eagle's vlog. Don't know if you guys have already been discussing these or not. But Eagle has some "Imperial Eagle" glow P-line p2s (tour series?) for sale. FF to the 5min mark to see them...

Last edited:
Noticed this while watching Eagle's vlog. Don't know if you guys have already been discussing these or not. But Eagle has some "Imperial Eagle" glow P-line p2s (tour series?) for sale. FF to the 5min mark to see them...

They just were released on the Discmania store today as well.

Those are some sick discs. I almost want to pull the trigger, just for Eagle.

Wow, these are nearly sold out. They only have 12 pink stamps available. (When they went on sale, there were various colors of stamps, including a beautiful white.) Good for Eagle.

$20 is extremely high for a mid-grade plastic... BUT IT'S GLOW P-LINE! ;) Plus, great artwork and it supports the Colorado Cannon. I had to pick one up. Love P2s. Love P-Line plastic. Plus, I could really use a base/mid plastic glow putter to replace my Color Glow C-Line P2 in my glow bag for putting duties. :D

Are D line P2s anywhere near as overstable as S, C, and Luster when they are new? Is this the disc mold with the most variation in stability when it comes to plastics (at least putter or mid)?

Are there distinct runs of S-Line P2s? Different feeling plastic, dome, profile, tooling, etc?

In my limited experience, yes.

I had a few red stock stamps that had a high shoulder but weren't necessarily domey.

Two ring bottoms if that means anything.

They ended up just feeling bulky in the hand.

I have a couple swirly S-Lines (supreme flight) and they seem to have molded up with a tighter shoulder and slightly concave flightplates.

In my limited experience, yes.

I had a few red stock stamps that had a high shoulder but weren't necessarily domey.

Two ring bottoms if that means anything.

They ended up just feeling bulky in the hand.

I have a couple swirly S-Lines (supreme flight) and they seem to have molded up with a tighter shoulder and slightly concave flightplates.

I agree with most of these points. They do seem deeper than my swirly S lines without being domey. I don't feel like they were 'bulky' but definitely wouldn't actually putt with one, I'd use a S line for that instead (normally putt with d line) Stability is what I expected, just as much HSS as S line, with more of a fade at the end.

Anyone throw some Sky Gods yet? Wondering if they are as stable as advertised.

Definitely the most stable of the P2s. At first, I wasn't buying the hype. Took it out with my most stable S-Line and a Color Glow C-Line and this Sky God run, for whatever reason, is definitely the most stable. Even in some pretty decent winds it was holding up better than I expected for a putter, and in calm conditions, it was a laser beam with a good strong finish.