• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Partybus to the cave, MN - MO 1/30-2/4

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So, my dad and I recently acquired access to a party bus (for a small fee) and have a group of people that really want to check out Crystal City Underground. So, we're taking this renovated RV (They built this thing to carry 12 people and near 400 cans of beer) on a road trip.

Thurs - Wildcat Bluff, maybe something in waterloo beforehand.
Fri - Iowa City area
Sat - Ft. Madison, IA
Sun - Crystal City Underground
Mon - Hit a course on the way back to MN by 3:30pm

Anybody interested? If we can fill this thing up it would run $60 a person for the bus, fuel, and all the disc golf you can handle. Food would be on your own, unless we decided to do something as an entire group, like a bunch of sandwich supplies, or if anybody wants to volunteer to cook for the entire group (uh, prepare meals while everybody else enjoys DG :\) we'll give you a free ride:D, or it's open for discussion.

We're not in this for a profit, if we make any money on this deal, we'll throw it back at the group - a case of beer or some food or something.

We could probably pick somebody up along the way.

We'd probably camp out along the way, the bus is heated and could probably sleep like 8 people, the hard core folks could camp outside.

And if anybody wants to meet up with us, I'll keep this thread updated with where we're at and when, come on out the course, you won't miss us. We'll throw together some little competition here and there, doubles rounds or a mini tourney.

Let me know so I can put together a list of people that are in for sure

Last edited:
I wish I lived along the route your going, Martin. I'd be up for something like this (as would some of my friends). Safe travels and tip one for me :)

I'd be interested in joining a mini or doubles event at Wildcat or Iowa City. Note for Iowa City area, Sugar Bottom gates are closed for winter and it's a healthy walk (3/4 mile?) in to the course. Your best bet is probably Peninsula. Wish I could go all the way to the cave course, that place sounds like a lot of fun! :hfive:

seriously. Sounds awesome. Wish I lived en route. The cave course is kool,but make sure you bring some crappy discs just for the caves.

THAT IS AWESOME! If I wasn't on my winter road-trip I would have done that

Headache bowl on new years day in Collinsville at Woodland park for the Southern Illinois club champs at 9 am. 20 dollars includes lunch, CTPS and 1 rd from the longs. You guys should join us.

^^^^Collinsville is a high quality layout; and if it's a club championship they will have long tees well marked and guides will be available; which is kind of the weak area of that layout....navigation. Otherwise, that course is better than most of the St. Louis courses; IMHO.

this is about a month too early for my potential move up to the quad cities, in which case i would of met up with you in Iowa City...