• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA # 50,000

It wasn't that many years ago, I decided it had been far too long playing without a number. I had no real urge to compete, but thought it was past due that I BUY my PDGA number. Only gotta buy it once.
Won't be long before my "pre-75k" number will be in the first half era.

The PDGA just cleared 40,100 members this spring. Who's gonna be the lucky bastitch that gets #50,000? How long 'till we hit the 50k mark?

That post was from 6-7-2011.

The PDGA just cleared 133,470 members. How long 'till we hit the 150k mark?

I say it will happen sometime in the next 5 months. October, 2020 at the latest.

I say it will happen sometime in the next 5 months. October, 2020 at the latest.

17,000 in 5 months.....don't think so. I say late Summer 2021.

It wasn't that many years ago, I decided it had been far too long playing without a number. I had no real urge to compete, but thought it was past due that I BUY my PDGA number. Only gotta buy it once.
Won't be long before my "pre-75k" number will be in the first half era.

I agree 100%. I did get a number but only due to being in tournaments and such. I have number 35,223 though it is not active since 2010 due to not playing in tournaments.

I posted this BEFORE Covid.

PDGA is at member number 144,953 today. I know October 1st always brings a wave of new members. Maybe PDGA could still reach 150,00 by end of October?

I posted this BEFORE Covid.

PDGA is at member number 144,953 today. I know October 1st always brings a wave of new members. Maybe PDGA could still reach 150,00 by end of October?

I think it's possible. The average was about 65 a day since you posted. It would need to be around 100 per day through October to hit 150,000.

Something I never thought about with the numbers; my PDGA # is in the 11000 range and also ends in a "1". Somebody now has the same number with an extra "1" at the start and an extra "1" at the end, and it's really easy to leave a "1" off when entering PDGA numbers into results. Which is how I ended up registered in a Women's disc golf league in Utah on Disc Golf Scene. :|

So between 9/11 and now the PDGA has added as many members as they did from the start of the PDGA through my joining in September of 2005. lol.

Latest posts