• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what this means.

Less than 1% of the people in the world care about what that word means, and they all seem to be in this thread. Now tell me, who lives in a bubble?

if this is really true:

I mean, if I leave this thread now... I will likely NEVER hear or see the term Cisgender ever again

if you NEVER see or hear the term cisgender ever again, to me that indicates:
you don't read many different news sources
you don't talk to people from a wide range of backgrounds
you pick and choose what you consume and who you interact with so that you are less likely to see or hear the term "cisgender"

I just call it like I see it.

Wait until I post a picture of my girlfriend and her mixed kids, or you see me on the course with them. Liberal minds will explode (Looking at you all that throw the bigot term around way too loosely)! "This does not fit our agenda!"

The tide has turned. Don't die on this trans playing women's divisions hill. All this woke crap is coming to an end.

giphy.gif

So you still won't go back and actually read my response to you? There's more than one way to seek to be the best one can as a professional. As a professional educator I seek not to be better than the rest of the educators, but to be the best possible educator I can be. Life needs not be tied up with defeating foes amongst your fellow man.

Apparently you refuse to even read words that indicate elsewise.

I did read it. And its typical you think Im some far right idiot. Which I am not. You're the typical educator who post long boring dissertations that proves actually nothing. You probably have a degree in philosophy or even a phd. No one cares. Why not seek to be the best educator and earn your tenure? But probably failed at that, so being just ok is good enough. Did they create the show AP bio after you?

If were not competing to win and be the best why are we even playing? A touring pro wants to win worlds, usdgc, tpwdc, etc. If they did not want to win and out just to enjoy the game why be a touring pro? That is the whole reasons to be a pro in competitive sports. No one wants a participation trophy we want that no.1 spot.
This is a very narrow perspective. A touring pro can want to a) make a living playing the sport that they love and b) be oriented solely on achieving the best possible performance against the course.

Ultimately I think the most narrow answer that applies broadly to "why be a touring pro?" is "to make a living playing the sport that you love. Beyond that - there are likely many rationales for what it is that drives them toward the sort of great performance that makes that feasible.
So why have a job to be mediocre? I don't understand that mindset. I strive to be the best paramedic out there. I don't wanna come in and do bare minimum and earn a pay check. I want to be the best. Being the best provides the best patient care. It should be applied to all jobs.
In my post I absolutely did not insinuate that someone would want to do this job in a mediocre fashion. I was actually quite clear to provide a different perspective that also involved aspiring to be great, please reread following "b)" in my post. And please take time to read my entire response to you before engaging me in the future.
And typical your reply is just rubbish of poorly written, but thinking you engaged with a well written and perfect response. You saying they play as a touring pro just to pay the bills is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Do you play for the pure passion of the sport? You seem angry little man.
So you still won't go back and actually read my response to you? There's more than one way to seek to be the best one can as a professional. As a professional educator I seek not to be better than the rest of the educators, but to be the best possible educator I can be. Life needs not be tied up with defeating foes amongst your fellow man.

Apparently you refuse to even read words that indicate elsewise.
I did read it. And its typical you think Im some far right idiot. Which I am not. You're the typical educator who post long boring dissertations that proves actually nothing. You probably have a degree in philosophy or even a phd. No one cares. Why not seek to be the best educator and earn your tenure? But probably failed at that, so being just ok is good enough. Did they create the show AP bio after you?
Ha! As befits the entirety of your participation in this - you've gone from ignoring what I said, to pretending I said things that I did not. :)

Above is the entirety of our exchange. Let me know where it was that I stated that I think you're "some far right idiot." No, obviously not - but now I think that you're either a) choosing not to read anything you're responding to or b) a liar and a gaslighter. Because absolutely no where did I insinuate even remotely that you're "far right" nor an "idiot."

So now we're up to two completely wrong statements from you:
1. You responded to me stating that someone might be in the profession of touring as a professional disc golfer to:
ChrisWoj said:
b) be oriented solely on achieving the best possible performance against the course.
by stating:
medic5888 said:
So why have a job to be mediocre? I don't understand that mindset.
Which indicates that you didn't read the post you were responding directly to, or you wanted to lie about what I was saying to paint me as having said something else. Are you a liar, or simply someone who doesn't read what they're responding to at all?

2. And now, you claim:
medic5888 said:
And its typical you think Im some far right idiot.
Despite neither being insinuated in ANY of the posts above. I did note, accurately I might add, that you clearly did not read my posts before responding to them. Now I'm starting to wonder if you read them - and then chose to lie.

Last edited:
Look at it this way. If you were a conservative and felt compelled to leap into action whenever some other conservative said something nutty, you'd never have time to do anything else.

It is solely because no conservative did leap into action when the GOP became the Neo-cons, and then the Tea Party, and then the MAGA hat people, and then the Q-Anon cult, that this comment is absolutely true. You all had a thousand chances to walk your side of the aisle back from the cliff. I tried to get dozens of conservative friends to speak out to people other than me, when they kept saying, "Not all conservatives are like that!"

Well, when the conservatives that aren't "like that" are silent, they might as well be.

You sure try to verbally abuse your "opponent", and gaslight them about what you or they said, while ignoring any logic presented.

I mean...if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

If you've got a problem being perceived as a right wing extremist, stop acting like one.

The tide has turned. Don't die on this trans playing women's divisions hill. All this woke crap is coming to an end.

Dang. Guess I'll pack up shop, detransition, and go back to life as a guy. A random conservative on a message board says the tide has turned, and all this woke crap is coming to an end...

Sorry to be the one to point it out, but society, and the world, march forever towards progress. Barring the total extinction of the human race, the whole debate about trans rights will end in equality for us some day. There has never been anything you could ever do to stop that. Do you need a tissue? A hug?

Hahaha, nothing says "I'm a thin-skinned whiner" quite like ChrisWoj quoting his lengthy pissing match with Medic.

Hahaha, nothing says "I'm a thin-skinned whiner" quite like ChrisWoj quoting his lengthy pissing match with Medic.

Considering an awful lot of the last few pages of this thread have been people trying to gaslight him into thinking something else happened other than that exchange, I'd say him quoting the whole thing was exactly the sanity check the conversation needed. Sorry you think half a page of quotes with a couple short comments mixed in is too much reading. That says more about you than anything you said says about ChrisWoj...

Sorry you think half a page of quotes with a couple short comments mixed in is too much reading. That says more about you than anything you said says about ChrisWoj...

So you're defending a rando dude from being criticized by another Rando dude about going to great lengths to defend himself from other Rando dudes who have unfairly (in your estimation) criticized him over his interpretation of the semantics over a survey that was sold under false pretenses as being one to create policy for the governing organization for a very minor sport when actually it was to further the academic career of another Rando dude who had miserably attempted to troll a multiple world champ of the previously mentioned minor sport?

Y'all are some major, yet entertaining, dorks.

So you're defending a rando dude from being criticized by another Rando dude about going to great lengths to defend himself from other Rando dudes who have unfairly (in your estimation) criticized him over his interpretation of the semantics over a survey that was sold under false pretenses as being one to create policy for the governing organization for a very minor sport when actually it was to further the academic career of another Rando dude who had miserably attempted to troll a multiple world champ of the previously mentioned minor sport?

Says the rando dude who is all up to date on rando trolling done by rando dudes in a very minor sport.

"Pot Kettle Black" it is.

It is solely because no conservative did leap into action when the GOP became the Neo-cons, and then the Tea Party, and then the MAGA hat people, and then the Q-Anon cult, that this comment is absolutely true. You all had a thousand chances to walk your side of the aisle back from the cliff. I tried to get dozens of conservative friends to speak out to people other than me, when they kept saying, "Not all conservatives are like that!"

Well, when the conservatives that aren't "like that" are silent, they might as well be.

Distinction between a movement, and a single, particular nutty statement.

I mean, I could say the Earth is flat, then accuse anyone who didn't specifically call me out, of denying the round Earth theory.

You don't get to write your own words into someone's silence. We could just as well say that since no conservatives spoke up agreeing with Shallows, that they all disagreed with him, just didn't bother to say so.

^There's BS on both sides of the political spectrum. I don't feel the obligation to denounce everything people on the left say that I disagree with either. Depends on the issue and the audience.

Glad to see there are at least a few people here who are still reasonable.

We left the actual survey in the dust, hundreds of posts back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts