• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pic matches the uniqueness of that course. Played there last summer and had a blast.

Yeah you got to love the 130 ft hole that you have to drive with 100% power so that you can make it up the 20 ft cliff on top of the 60 ft hill.
Hole 3 woodstock rocks!!

My wife really likes the dog :rolleyes:

Attachments

• canIthrow.jpg
    canIthrow.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 203
  • CIMG4419.jpg
    CIMG4419.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG4461.jpg
    CIMG4461.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 193
Woodstock Rocks hole 3 from above mention

Attachments

• Woodstock Rocks Hole 3.jpg
    Woodstock Rocks Hole 3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 200
Why can't I seem to insert an image from my drive into a post?
(Believe it or not I actually work in information technology.) ;)

Last edited:
when you click reply at the bottom of the page you get the full menu. next to the smiley face is a paper clip, click on the drop down menu and insert attachment. the rest should be self explanatory.

Heres some other water holes at courses near me.

10basket.jpg
^^^^
This is Hole #10 Basket at addison oaks, looking back up at the tee on the hill.

IMG00236.jpg
^^^
Hole #4 Tee at Lola Valley. (Me and my friend found 10 discs in that river a couple min. after I took that pic).

Hole #2 tee.jpg

Hole #2 at Founders Park (Nowhere tells how long this hole is but I would guess its 400+ from the tee to the edge of the green) There is also a swamp not too far behind the basket.

Heres some other water holes at courses near me.

View attachment 476
^^^^
This is Hole #10 Basket at addison oaks, looking back up at the tee on the hill.

View attachment 477
^^^
Hole #4 Tee at Lola Valley. (Me and my friend found 10 discs in that river a couple min. after I took that pic).

View attachment 478

Hole #2 at Founders Park (Nowhere tells how long this hole is but I would guess its 400+ from the tee to the edge of the green) There is also a swamp not too far behind the basket.

i have big balls but theres no way i would attempt the third hole. absolutely positively too much water.:(

Thanks for the tip Solomon.

This is hole 18 (of 19!) at Pye Brook in Massachusetts. It's 312' from the blue tee (circled in red). All that space in between is full of water in the springtime. That is such a fun hole worthy of a bag unloading.

Attachments

• P9030125.jpg
    P9030125.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 178
Thanks for the tip Solomon.

This is hole 18 (of 19!) at Pye Brook in Massachusetts. It's 312' from the blue tee (circled in red). All that space in between is full of water in the springtime. That is such a fun hole worthy of a bag unloading.

Bag unloading??? On a 300 ft.+ water hole?? Your crazy man!! lol

Bag unloading??? On a 300 ft.+ water hole?? Your crazy man!! lol
Not at all. Look at the elevation change. it's at least a 25' drop. Just keep the nose down and you'll make it. There is also lots of grass off to the left (in the picture - to the right from the tee) you can play it safe on over by the red tee/drop zone.

If you don't like that one there are upto 6 other tricky water shots after the April rains. C'mon out to New England and I'll show you around We've got lots of water holes. Embrace the danger! :)

Me on hole 14 at UNC-Chapel Hill DG Course

UNC2-07-0917.jpg

***** canyon, utah

discgolffirst730.jpg

signature hole on a temporary course we go to annually in the spring, somewhere in central utah.

how many spotters do you position in the ravine? ;)

what a beautiful spot!

you can see on spotter sitting on the ledge to the left of the basket about 80 feet. weve played it enough years in a row that we pretty much know where it will be in the ravine if we miss the ledge. its an awesome weekend for sure playing there.

I love going out to utah and this looks like another great reason why.

When is the annual tourney?

There is a course in New Mexico that these pictures remind me of. Lindrith, New Mexico (North of Cuba, NM).

The first 10 holes play through a pinon pine forest, with a few cutting across a pasture. Then you get to the "BADLANDS" part. Lots of rugged terrain with tough up and down holes that are really brutal when the wind picks up. After 7 holes of "billy goat golf" you get another 10 holes weaving back through the forest.

The signature hole #12 is called "The King's Throne" because the basket sits on a ledge under a rock formation that resembles a king on his throne (personally I think it looks like Santa Clause in the pics I have). The hole is only around 300 feet long but it's decieving. Miss-throws from the tee are penalized by having to hike tough terrain to get to your disc, then you still have to get up to the ledge the basket is on. A duece is doable, but 7's, 8's, and more are common.

Contact the Galloway brothers in Albuquerque for permission to play the course, I'll look for contact numbers.

central utah

4th_140.jpg

will, it will be within a month. it isnt so much a tourney but a camping/atving/discgolfing/etc..... trip to mark the passage of winter and the start of the disc golf season, such as it is. we do have a couple of money rounds though, but not mandatory.

4th_140.jpg

will, it will be within a month. it isnt so much a tourney but a camping/atving/discgolfing/etc..... trip to mark the passage of winter and the start of the disc golf season, such as it is. we do have a couple of money rounds though, but not mandatory.

How long do your discs last on terrain like this? I would think they would be so chewed up to throw a second round with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts