• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I've been told that the cPD that I throw is a 4th run - quite overstable in flight, like a straighter firebird. Are there any runs similar to this magical 4th run? I've had it in my bag for several years and it's still overstable, and is a go to disc. I have one single back up and was wondering what alternative runs I'd need to look for in order to get similar flight.

I've been told that the cPD that I throw is a 4th run - quite overstable in flight, like a straighter firebird. Are there any runs similar to this magical 4th run? I've had it in my bag for several years and it's still overstable, and is a go to disc. I have one single back up and was wondering what alternative runs I'd need to look for in order to get similar flight.

I've had some 4th runs and it was the opposite for me, less over stable and lots of glide.

they've been described as glide-y even by the discmania store

https://store.discmania.net/index.php/aj-c-line-pd-4th-run.html

can you describe the disc? stiff or gummy? pearly? clear or opaque?

the more overs table runs were 1st, 3rd, 8th.

I've had some 4th runs and it was the opposite for me, less over stable and lots of glide.

they've been described as glide-y even by the discmania store

https://store.discmania.net/index.php/aj-c-line-pd-4th-run.html

can you describe the disc? stiff or gummy? pearly? clear or opaque?

the more overs table runs were 1st, 3rd, 8th.

Stiff, a bit pearly but not opaque. Maybe it's a 3rd run. I know I bought it after the +Rim debacle of the 2nd run.

stiff and pearly with a flight plate that's not really see through points at a 3rd run.

3rd runs, max weight are getting expensive ($30 or more). they're prized because they're so durable and hold stability the longest. popularity exploded when Eagle waxed poetic about them in his latest ITB.

if you want to avoid paying for collector prices of 3rd runs. just buy the newest run 8th which are very over stable and made of the new jolly launcher plastic (clear, durable).

I still need to find a max weight 4th run, mine is so broken in now it turns from hyzer flips. A fresh straight 4th run is needed!

Couple patent spd at gggt. One sexy dayglo green and the other was yellow/orange.

They must have found a ton of old stock when they started the new stamps.

I have a pd with patent numbers, so I am assuming that it is a first run. The thing that is throwing me off is that it has a stamp that says 2014 on it. Were first runs around this time or could this first run just been stamped way later?

Ok, I have struggled with PD's. I have found that S-lines are very HSS and have a consistent fade, but not much distance. I had tried a G-line which flew like a more workable S-line, but then you lose the wind resistance. I had also threw a C-line and it was like a glideless S-line that was more OS (I'd rather just throw a Firebird in that case). But...I just tried another C-line that wasn't even beat...and it was amazing. On a hard flat rip it drifted slightly right and just held that for glide, then had the PD fade. It had more distance than my worked in S-line (Pat #) and just threw more forgiving.

Is there really that much variation between the C-line runs? Like everything from glideless OS to a -0.5/3 flight? Because out of all of the PD's I have tried (nothing compared to most of you guys), this one was where I finally thought "Ohhhh that's why people love these!"

I have a pd with patent numbers, so I am assuming that it is a first run. The thing that is throwing me off is that it has a stamp that says 2014 on it. Were first runs around this time or could this first run just been stamped way later?

If it's a c line yes. Old stock sitting at innova east. I'm sure Discmania picked through the stock in rancho when they opened their factory store.

Ok, I have struggled with PD's. I have found that S-lines are very HSS and have a consistent fade, but not much distance. I had tried a G-line which flew like a more workable S-line, but then you lose the wind resistance. I had also threw a C-line and it was like a glideless S-line that was more OS (I'd rather just throw a Firebird in that case). But...I just tried another C-line that wasn't even beat...and it was amazing. On a hard flat rip it drifted slightly right and just held that for glide, then had the PD fade. It had more distance than my worked in S-line (Pat #) and just threw more forgiving.

Is there really that much variation between the C-line runs? Like everything from glideless OS to a -0.5/3 flight? Because out of all of the PD's I have tried (nothing compared to most of you guys), this one was where I finally thought "Ohhhh that's why people love these!"

Unfortunately, yes. The discmania store is pretty good about describing the different runs but there is a lot of variations.

I tend to stick with my old shield stamp S lines and P lines, sometimes I'll carry a third run C line for windy days. Some people like the CD2 as a semi beat PD but still decent into the wind driver.

I have a stack of C-PDs from a few different runs. My favorites are my 3rd runs. I bag two C-PDs. I have a new 3rd run PD for overstable stuff. I also bag a seasoned (I believe it's a 4th run) C-PD that has some turn. The 4th run has been in my bag for a few years now. It took WAY to long to get some turn. If I lost it I'd be pretty upset. I'm considering trying out some S-PDs. I don't have a lot of experience with S-PDs. I'm pretty sure they'll break in much quicker than the C-Lines. In general how beefy are S-PDs compared to C-PDs? Are S-Lines usually pretty flat? I want them to have little to no dome. I don't want them to have any more dome than my 3rd run C-Lines. Are current run S-Lines firm? I prefer stiffer Star plastic. Sorry about all the questions, I just want all the info I can get on S-Lines before I buy some :)

Of all my PDs, I love the S-Lines the most. I have only thrown older runs, but they take forever to season. They keep a crazy amount of HSS for awhile and just keep getting longer as they season. My favorites are moderately domed (like an 11X CAL TB) with a high parting line. They start out almost CFR beefy but season beautifully.

Id trade my older flat stable s line for a 4th run cpd hah. I love my seasoned 4th run.. right now for fairways I use a first run s line beef, used 4th run and abused p line. All shots covered from overatable to roller... love the pd!

Okay PD pros, I got a question for you. I just happened to compare parting line heights on an old S-line PD I bought for a back up to the S-PD that I currently bag, to a brand new swirly S-PD I just picked up. Immediately I noticed the nose looks completely different between my old S-line (which has only been field tested), and new swirly S-line. I also compared my heavily worn in S-line that I currently bag, and the nose matches the old S-line that I bought for a back up. Comparing them to my stack of C-PD's, the nose on the new swirly S-line looks most similar. The 2 S-line's that I bought about 3-4yrs ago are my only PD's that have the "unique" nose. Even my P-PD's don't have that type of nose. What's the deal?
2016-07-18_03-45-52 by strauss95, on Flickr

The PD on the right is the early early run of PDs that I believe were too overstable and flew more like Firebirds. Discmania changed the top on those pretty quick and came out with the disc that everyone is more or less familiar with now as the PD. That's the one on the left in your picture.