• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I feel like you're getting a bit salty and I'm not trying to be combative.

Those aren't complaints that's just how it is. If the mold was consistent there wouldn't be discussion about the flight differences between the runs. I think this is backed up by the fact that Simon/Eagle throw 2nd (1st?) run PD's because they like that variation of PD. I think Eagle has held on to one PD for 2 or three bags now because he likes that specific run/disc so much.

I'm not speaking for the majority or minority of players because I can't. I'm not Simon or Eagle or 1000 rated. I don't throw 500 ft. I use them for distances between 350 and 380 feet with pretty good form. I can't throw the newer runs that far because they're too over stable for my arm speed.

The 3 P-Line and 4 S-Line PD's I have are from 2017.
I bought 10 more P-Line PD's in February of this year and they're a little more stable but still have some turn.
I bought the newer run S-lines a couple months ago (August maybe) and they're super over stable.

I know you're not going to believe me when I tell you this, but you've just described every mold ever made. They're all inconsistent. The only reason PDs are so documented is because they were adopted from the beginning by the nerds at DGR who over-analyzed everything.

First Runs are generally considered to be the model for how a mold should fly. FR PDs are stupid beefy. If PDs are too overstable for you, have you considered trying a different mold instead of looking for anomalies? There are so many options available that mold loyalty is as much of a hindrance as brand loyalty without sponsorship.

also td came out as laser straight then some runs later and you had some that were glideless os duds and some that turned like a beat dx valk

find that run you love and buy a ton of them

I know you're not going to believe me when I tell you this, but you've just described every mold ever made. They're all inconsistent. The only reason PDs are so documented is because they were adopted from the beginning by the nerds at DGR who over-analyzed everything.

First Runs are generally considered to be the model for how a mold should fly. FR PDs are stupid beefy. If PDs are too overstable for you, have you considered trying a different mold instead of looking for anomalies? There are so many options available that mold loyalty is as much of a hindrance as brand loyalty without sponsorship.

Nothing flies quite like a perfectly seasoned P-PD or S-PD. Trust me I've tried to find it again.

Nothing flies quite like a perfectly seasoned P-PD or S-PD. Trust me I've tried to find it again.

Totally agree. There's a big difference between a fresh PD and a seasoned one though. I have a feeling that since it takes so long to get a PD to that point, most people forget just how beefy they start.

I've been out of the disc golf scene for probably 3-4 years now and just returned this summer. Can anyone point me to a guide for what a shield stamp PD, penned PD, etc. means or explain? Or should I just work my way through this entire thread? I only ask because I have like 20 PD's and now I'm not sure what's what or how to tell.

Shield stamp = Second run of S-Line. Instead of having the freak stamp like we got for years in the US, it had the cleaner text stamp. This run was not nearly as beefy and were highly regarded for being long and glidey without needing to be seasoned for a while.
Penned PD = if the weight and mold name was written in pen, it's a penned PD. Innova switched over to embossing the mold names not long ago so if you haven't bought any new PDs since you've been back, yours are penned.
CFR = First run of C-Line PD. Easily identified as having patent number tooling. Most of these were CFR stamped but some were mixed into the first stock stamp release. Patent numbers = the business!

CFR = First run of C-Line PD. Easily identified as having patent number tooling. Most of these were CFR stamped but some were mixed into the first stock stamp release. Patent numbers = the business!

All correct. I will add that CFR means it's a "Fund Raiser" stamp. There have been many CFR discs, these were just a particularly special run.

All correct. I will add that CFR means it's a "Fund Raiser" stamp. There have been many CFR discs, these were just a particularly special run.

The patent numbers are what's important with them. No other run has them making them easily identified. I just don't like calling them first runs because they're more like pre-release.

also td came out as laser straight then some runs later and you had some that were glideless os duds and some that turned like a beat dx valk

find that run you love and buy a ton of them

Haha, I have one of those beef TDs and actually use it in what should be my "straight PD" slot. I was pretty disappointed when I first got it, but glad it's found some use.

How are those new Freak stamps flying? I had a fun session in the field yesterday, took out all the PDs from the picture a page back as well as a few more. I haven't bagged an S-Line in a while, but those tight flexes and flips made me reconsider. I hate it when that happens.

I only got 4 or so throws in with it but the 171g freak stamp I have flies like a 2019 sexton firebird. Haven't thrown either very much but the Pd is on the overstable side for sure.

Has anyone seen new embossed c-line pd that are quite pearly? Very similar plastic to the new faf and pearly firebird and also very flat. I was wondering if this is a run, or just some random plastic mix.

Has anyone seen new embossed c-line pd that are quite pearly? Very similar plastic to the new faf and pearly firebird and also very flat. I was wondering if this is a run, or just some random plastic mix.

I haven't seen any, and I keep a pretty close eye on new stock. Where'd you find these?

Photos of it

I haven't seen any, and I keep a pretty close eye on new stock. Where'd you find these?

I saw one at a local shop, here are some pictures of it. The pearlyness doesn't come out that good from the photo but imo was quite similar to the new faf firebirds like I said.

Attachments

• IMG_20191030_145745.jpg
    IMG_20191030_145745.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20191101_213958.jpg
    IMG_20191101_213958.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20191030_145616.jpg
    IMG_20191030_145616.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 109
I saw one at a local shop, here are some pictures of it. The pearlyness doesn't come out that good from the photo but imo was quite similar to the new faf firebirds like I said.

That's a sick find man! Hard to tell it's stability, but the PLH doesn't look crazy high.

...it's in my color, too. I'll keep my eye out.

Many of the 13th run (current/newest) have a pearliness to them (some also have none). Some, like the one you found, are pearlier than others.

Many of the 13th run (current/newest) have a pearliness to them (some also have none). Some, like the one you found, are pearlier than others.

I hadn't seen any pearly ones before, so this was a big surprise since I had associated this much pearliness in a pd to 3rd runs.

I only got 4 or so throws in with it but the 171g freak stamp I have flies like a 2019 sexton firebird. Haven't thrown either very much but the Pd is on the overstable side for sure.

Just curious - what color was the PD you were throwing? How was the dome?