• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Preserve 18-hole @ Edora Park, Fort Collins, CO

I saw the article on Edora and the new Hughes stadium course in the Coloradoan yesterday. While I support your efforts here to save your course in its present configuration, I'm going to link you to some previous efforts on here to have online petitions signed.

www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48612
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=47943
www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30140
www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461

And some explanation on why they don't work, and are largely a waste of time in regards to getting anything meaningful done...

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

Honestly, there's nothing folks on DGCR can do for you to save Edora unless they happen to be close by folks who can attend city council meetings, write pen and paper letters, and get local businesses involved in swaying said officials in your favor. That of course, takes a bit more legwork than setting up an online petition.

I will definitely sign Luc - just something to be aware of; I started DG after I left CO, and when I started, I told a friend in FC about it. His response was basically that all he ever saw over there was people drinking beer and smoking pot. Not sure how accurate that is, but that was a response from within the city. It would go a long way to try to eliminate some of that reputation if possible.

Bummer!!

That's where I learned to play DG, and CSU old course, before they took it down. Havent played the remodel, i hear it goes behind Epic?....

I signed it, hope it stays big. Good Luck....i hear they are closing down lots of the dispensaries too.

So why are they decreasing the disc golf land? New master plan? What are they putting there in place of the course?

That is such a dumb idea for Fort Collins.... Edora is one of the best 18 hole courses in NorCo. In fact you should start a petition to expand the disc golf park to 27....

I have been trying to get a hold of the city of Boulder because there was a course approved years ago for the Valmont Park and still nothing has been done.

Well I am working on getting the entire Long's Peak DGC to sign this for ya.. Would be a shame to see this happen....

Signed and best of luck. Those of us in Pueblo, and I'm sure all of Colorado, would rather see an expansion rather than a downsize. I will roadtrip for the sole reason of 18 holes or more. Usually only play 9 if we are in the area for other reasons.

Latest posts