• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Procul

I watched the video a couple times and you can definitely see the end of the flight path if you watch closely (and be sure to turn on "HD" in the Facebook video settings). The flight path actually reminds me a lot of my slightly beat wraith, which is not a bad thing. Looks like it held a fairly long flat to anhyzer flip, just coming back to flat softly at the end of the flight, which is what the wraith does for me. I ordered one of these early this week, and hopefully will get it today or early next week. I'll report back about it when I get it.

Haha maybe we will do something like that down the line but we are going to start a little down the middle as far as the putter goes

tbird888 just creamed himself hahaha

*edit*
ah i see he already commented

oops1.jpg

On that note, I'll let this thread return to its regularly scheduled Procul discussion.

I have a couple on the way. Can't wait to give these a shot. It sounds like my noodle arm should be able to find some usefulness from these speedies.

What, huh, premium style polecatish disc. You just gained a buyer if this happens.

Got to hold a few of these at the store earlier, and I have to say it seems like they come pre-warped from the factory :| All sorts of dips in the flight plate...not sure if that's what they were going for, but no thanks.

Not all that impressed and definitely in no rush to try one out. :\

Got to hold a few of these at the store earlier, and I have to say it seems like they come pre-warped from the factory :| All sorts of dips in the flight plate...not sure if that's what they were going for, but no thanks.

Not all that impressed and definitely in no rush to try one out. :\

Ha! I had to call you over to experience the taint of that thing...

If you are serious about a premi Polecat then you officially have my attention.

Can we let the hating on new companies' early mistakes die with Prodigy? Every company has them. Every company fixes them.

Asking about the issues is one thing. Outright disrespect is another.

what weights do the drivers come in and where can you buy them?

There's a thread by shroom in the Marketplace. I don't know if he's still taking orders or not, but he sold me mine.

What you held were the Creamys those are terribly warped and we re having vendors return them and we are fully replacing them with the Tasty plastic which feels 100 times better no warps and flys the way they should, I'm sorry your first impression was a Creamy Procul and not a Tasty Procul.

Contact "the throw shop"in Ypsilanti, mi... He will gladly exchange them....

Just got mine in the post today. The Tasty plastic is go. This disc looks and feels like a quality product. This thing has an interesting shape...very much like a distance driver and a mid range had a good time and nine months later the Procul showed up. I have a noodle arm and probably wont be able to throw this. I bought mine to support UB disc golf right here in Mississippi, stay proud Brouphy! Also thanks to Shroom for repping UB here as well.

the overall feel of the plastic wasn't bad, but the shape the discs were in was offsetting.

glad you guys have worked those issues out :hfive:

What you held were the Creamys those are terribly warped and we re having vendors return them and we are fully replacing them with the Tasty plastic which feels 100 times better no warps and flys the way they should, I'm sorry your first impression was a Creamy Procul and not a Tasty Procul.
Can you tell me if all the Creamy's turned out like this? Because my tasty and creamy fly an identically amazing path and I'm starting to feel as though I have a noodle arm or something..

First drive with the tasty is the farthest I've ever put a disc at 435'

Great job btw!! Good luck on your venture

No not all Creamys came out bad, but alot did, we think the issue came after we test threw the first ten, we think some numbers got changed in the machine somehow causing late warps and flippy flights, so Creamys are stable others are nightmarishly flippy, we are working out the numbers and blend of creamy now.

Tasty Procul review

Got two tasty procul's in the mail today. One Blue 173g, and one Green at 171g.
Initial impressions were that the stamp looked pretty sweet, the plastic was sexy, the top part of the rim seemed ridiculously high, and that the disc seemed smaller (diameter wise) than my flow, the only other high speed driver that i throw. On comparison it was a bit smaller which i liked. Then went to the field.

For my distance throws I toss Saints (320-335) and a Flow (345-360). All Of my throws are RHFH unless its a putt or short approach hyzer spike. So all of my throws with the procul where RHFH. After about 45 min to an hour of throwing i would peg these around:

12 / 4 / 1.25 / 3

The Grip: Backhand= Immaculate
Forehand= Kinda Awkward

That high shoulder allow's for the best grip ive ever felt on a frisbee. I have small hands and to me the rim's of all high speed drivers feel awkward but the rim of the Procul is surprisingly ergonomic and makes me wish i could throw backhand.

Unfortunately this wasnt the case for forehand. I had to modify my grip a bit to get a good pull which i didn't like. I eventually found the sweet spot but with the way i grip (similar to Avery Jenkin's sidearm power grip), the small mirco bead cut's into the base of my index finger a bit. I had this same experience with a star avery destroyer and never got comfy with the disc.

The Glide: The downside to the raised shoulder is that the glide suffers. I found the Procul to drop pretty quickly on lower lines, my farthest throws where hitting around the 330 range (with a lot of mustard) about 20-25' ft off the ground at the lowest. Throwing on a 10-15 ft ceiling i was hitting around 260.

The Flight: Thrown Flat- it had a nice, long, gradual turn with a strong fade. Hence the rating above.

Thrown Hyzer- With gentle hyzer it poped up flat and flew lazer straight with a nice little turn followed by the strong fade. The flight on the hyzer flip was a thing of beauty. Anything more than gentle and it would ride the hyzer all the way till the end.

Thrown Anny- With gentle anny the procul held the anny for about 60% of the flight when the fade kicked in for a smooth flex shot. Anything but a gentle anny requires a lot of air or its turn and burn.

All in all, UB put out a really great disc. the plastic is top notch, the art on the disc is appealing to the eye, and the disc flies great. My only knock is that the grip for sidearm suffers for the INCREDIBlE grip for backhand.

If you throw backhand id say its definitely worth a try and many will find a place in there back for it, but if you throw forehand its by no means a must have.