• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putt-Putt Disc Golf Courses

not sure if i would say it's a putt-putt, but spiritwood has a 10 hole tone pole warm up course where all holes are less than 150ft

What does "tiki course" mean? Is it lit by torches??

I'm trying to get a 9 hole putt putt course put into our facility for beginners, kids and putter practice but I keep hearing that term and it's got me scratching my head.

Tiki is longer than a putting course where many players, especially beginners, would be better off using a lid or Super Class disc they can throw straight, or at least control, with holes in the 60-125 ft range.

I always thought when someone mentioned "Tiki course" they were talking about the short novelty course at the Woodshed in West VA. It's a short course that is fun to play and I believe it also gets lit up for some night rounds.

I like courses that force me to work on form and a putter course like this would do exactly that. As it is, I sometime opt for a mid-range course where all the holes are 200ftish to force myself to disc down.

Oops, sorry. You're right. I've never been, have only read about it. CGK's explanation of what a Tiki course is differs from I have heard. Sometimes I wonder if Casey is CGK's alt account.
I have no Alt account. The lengths I indicated were from the original Tiki course which I played recently as a side game during the U.S. Women's event that included the Blockhouse courses. Here are the hole lengths as posted on this site.

Yeah, that Chuck's Alt post cracked me up ! :clap:

I can't see myself paying to play a disc golf putt putt course but if there was a putt putt (beginners) course next to my local 18 hole course that would be a fun warm up round.

Funny this thread arrived just as we're finishing up 'FunBurg'. Not a Putt Putt course by the OP's definition, but a family friendly design weaved through an intermediate course. Decided to create tone poles & have at it! :)

I can't see myself paying to play a disc golf putt putt course but if there was a putt putt (beginners) course next to my local 18 hole course that would be a fun warm up round.

Omaha park a 9 hole course made in 1979 in Rapid city South Dakota is about 1/2 to a mile away from Jakson park. For those who never got to play the old course before mid 2018, shame they took away the old rebar homemade baskets with large diameter cage from 1980 and very little chain for the top part. Before mid 1980 during that in the first year 1979 the course used big wood post 4x4 or 8x8 that were 4 feet tall not including the in ground part with a sharpie line on each one 1 foot from the ground.

Rockridge Park in Bend, Oregon has a sign at the beginning calling itself a putting course. Holes range from 45' to about 140'. It has wonderful baskets and two concrete pads for each hole. It is truly more of a putt putt course than just a very short easy recreational course.

John Houck's wife Dee has been designing micro courses. There is one about an hour and a half north of me that she did this summer at Silver Bay YMCA. I haven't been there yet.

Check out Flying Armadillo DGC in San Marcos Texas. The short course is exactly like a putt-putt course for disc golf. Tons of exotic looking statues and obstacles and the holes are never over about 120 feet. (Most are 70-90). It's a full 18 as well.

bump

is this the exhaustive list or is there moar

i also would be willing to bet majority of these type courses are unlisted on here and on udisc