• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putt-Putt Disc Golf Courses

Gblambert

Birdie Member
I'm curious about the number of putt-putt disc golf courses in existence.

My idea of putt-putt disc golf is a par 2 course with holes about 100 ft long (all with fair ace routes) that has at least a few man-made obstacles. Obstacles can be things like ramps, buildings, large sculptures, walls, poles, etc. Anything man-made that players have to throw around, under, over, onto, or through. And, as is the case with ball golf putt-putt, it should be fun for players of all ages and skill levels. After playing a good putt-putt disc golf course, players should leave with a smile on their faces and an irresistible urge to immediately play it again.

I'm aware of 2 putt-putt courses:
The Flying Armadillo has an 18 hole putt-putt course
The Blockhouse has an 18 hole Tiki course. Never been there but I heard it has a rotating basket obstacle.

Are there any other putt-putt courses out there?

My idea of putt-putt disc golf is a par 2 course with holes about 100 ft long (all with fair ace routes) that has at least a few man-made obstacles. Obstacles can be things like ramps, buildings, large sculptures, walls, poles, etc. Anything man-made that players have to throw around, under, over, onto, or through. And, as is the case with ball golf putt-putt, it should be fun for players of all ages and skill levels. After playing a good putt-putt disc golf course, players should leave with a smile on their faces and an irresistible urge to immediately play it again.

The Blockhouse has an 18 hole Tiki course. Never been there but I heard it has a rotating basket obstacle.

There is a course In Winona MN not the Willows course but the older one nearby, a 9 hole putter course that was made in mid 1986 when putter discs were all that was out for the true Disc Golf discs and more commonly they would have a bag of different Wham-O Mold catch Frisbee's simply due to how much easier the discs were to find to buy.

Fewell Park in Rock Hill, SC (same town as the USDGC)
9 holes, 1150` from the shorts (shortest 65', longest 160')
1530` from the longs (shortest 128', longest 207')
Mach 3 baskets
Not a bad little course, 2 stars on DGCR

Last edited:
Thanks to all who responded. From what I can tell though, all of the suggestions are what I would call putter courses, or mini courses, or maybe just really short disc golf courses. For me, a putt-putt course is the disc golf equivalent of a ball golf putt-putt course, which has lots man-made obstacles like windmills, ramps, bumpers, tunnels, etc.

In disc golf this could be things like roller ramps, man-made obstacles to throw around, baskets buried in the ground, elevated baskets on man-made pedestals, things to ricochet throws off of, and yes, maybe even a windmill (gasp!).

I'm a bit surprised that there are no other courses out there like the two mentioned in the original post. Both of these are very successful and are a great way for private courses with an extra 4 or 5 acres to bring in lots of new players that they might not otherwise be able to attract with a full sized course. Hopefully a few more will be developed in the near future, because they're fun, fun, fun to play!

There's a project like this pending where ski trick elements would be used as obstacles to create an 18-hole putting course next to a bar/restaurant with a patio overlooking the course with holes ranging from just 20 to 45 feet or so.

Hopefully a few more will be developed in the near future, because they're fun, fun, fun to play!

I can't see myself paying to play a disc golf putt putt course but if there was a putt putt (beginners) course next to my local 18 hole course that would be a fun warm up round.

Played the Junior course cause the skies we're about to cry heavily on Cottonwood Falls, Ks. a couple months ago. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9045 glad I got to play it !!! Had one of the most beautiful memorials to a the person responsible for the 2 different courses there @ Swope Park, Mr. G. Boyce Baumgardner. 9 hole Course, had themed holes all geared for the younger players (9-15). Never saw until this course of 2 different baskets (Red # 18 and yellow # 7) held up by one post (a giant rock at this course)

Another one is The Labyrinth (Rolling Hills) in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

A few pics from our Halloween event a couple weeks ago. brought in a professional light and sound guy and really made a crazy haunted putting rounds or two. Part of a day/night event. The last pic are the trophies we handed out.

The golf equivalent would be the "wedge and putter" course, a course with nothing but short par 3s.

The equivalent of a putt/putt course would, to me, be a course with nothing but holes with the tee "in the circle" and, of course, windmills.

When searching for ways to fill downtime while travelling, we often settle on Putt-Putt golf. The Putt-Putt brand courses are ok but the most fun ones are the kind made to look more natural. I've played many in different areas and they just keep my attention better than the standard Putt-Putt type courses. Mini Glow Golf is fun too.

Long ago we had a club meeting/party at one of the officer's house. His next door neighbor was a relative.
We set up a 6 hole course using both yards I think would be considered a putt-putt disc golf course. Then played an 18 hole (3 times around) draw doubles with everything being a par 2.
One hole was about 50 ft with a chain link fence touching the back of the basket. Hitting the fence was OB.
Another was from one side of the garage to the other side going clock wise. The garage door was a mando, that way no one could throw over the roof.
My partner and I won with a 2 over. It was a lot of fun.

There is a course In Winona MN not the Willows course but the older one nearby, a 9 hole putter course that was made in mid 1986 when putter discs were all that was out for the true Disc Golf discs and more commonly they would have a bag of different Wham-O Mold catch Frisbee's simply due to how much easier the discs were to find to buy.

This course used the Tennis court as a artificial barrier, sort of on a hole. Another was like the new tunnel hole at USDGC course but there in Winona since 1986. This course came out a few months before some of the first true midrange discs came out like the Stingray so the knowledge that disc golf would be needing longer or tighter courses was not a thought at the time this course came out. It seems that this course was made during the end of the second generation of disc golf, when the first modern disc golf discs came out that could not be used well for catch games unlike the disc golf lids and true catch discs.

One hole was about 50 ft with a chain link fence touching the back of the basket. Hitting the fence was OB....

I think more putt-puttish would have been: hitting the fence is mandatory for the throw that completed the hole.

Latest posts