• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ridiculously Early 2013 Ace Race Disc Speculation Thread!

:hfive:

I would agree with all of that except your speed numbers. This thing is at least an 8 speed, if not a 9. IMHO it's akin to a Viking with more glide or a maybe just a Neutron Volt. I'd go 8 or 9 / 5 / -1 /2

I absolutely love this disc.

yeah, i could give it a 8/6/-1/2 or whatever, something like that....yeah i totally agree. cool. Im pissed tho, i really like it so i throw it a lot now, and i hit a tree and then gravel and scuffed the rim. i was so sad. haha. ill get another one eventually, (i used a lighter and smoothed out the roughness) but yeah this thing when given a tiny anhyzer is suuuuuper smooth and doesnt flip easy...BUT isnt too understable...its a nice go to 280-350 ft driver

The early reports were that it was overstable. Is it possible people thought it was very overstable because they were throwing them 150-240 feet in Ace Races?

I also heard the earlier ones might be more overstable?

9/4/-1/2 sounds like a good fairway driver.

It's an awesome fairway driver. I don't have the arm to make it turn at all, so for noodles I'd say it's a 9/5/0/2.

My 151-155s are no slouches either. They did not seem sensitive, especially nose sensitive, like how you would see out of most other light weight discs. Of all the ones I threw, they held the straightest lines when thrown with the low snap you would use on 150-200 ace race holes. They were still very controllable on the open field shots, acting like a disc much heavier.

My two discs were both in the 173-174 range so that may attribute to their relative overstability. I was putting them past 250 in the field, and there was no turn. I'd liken this disc to a Volt with better skip, and a little better glide.

My two discs were both in the 173-174 range so that may attribute to their relative overstability. I was putting them past 250 in the field, and there was no turn. I'd liken this disc to a Volt with better skip, and a little better glide.

I don't think I could turn a 173-174 either. I was getting about 260 - 280 out of the lighter ones with some turn.

Volt comparison is a good one, I'd say.

If anyone has thrown a Lucid Escape, how do these compare? It sounds like the flight pattern is similiar, and I've been looking to replace my Escape....but I don't know if I can wait until Oct. 12th!

Is this disc going to pair well with an Avenger and Xl? It sounds like it would fall in between the two in speed and stability.

I wouldn't put these things anywhere near my volt.

Ace Race discs are 165 and 174
Neutron Volt 173
Volt goes out to around 350 with a healthy fade towards the end.
Heavy ace race disc goes to around 325 straight with a small fade.
Light one goes out to 350 with a lazy s and lands relatively one the line it started on.
My volt is a headwind fighter that I can trust to fade hard where the ace race discs are lazer beams with an easy fade. I would put them at maybe 8/5/-1/2
where as the volt I feel is closer to a 8/5/-.5/3.

Is this disc going to pair well with an Avenger and Xl? It sounds like it would fall in between the two in speed and stability.

I would say that it fits right in between those in both flight and speed.

I wouldn't put these things anywhere near my volt.

Ace Race discs are 165 and 174
Neutron Volt 173
Volt goes out to around 350 with a healthy fade towards the end.
Heavy ace race disc goes to around 325 straight with a small fade.
Light one goes out to 350 with a lazy s and lands relatively one the line it started on.
My volt is a headwind fighter that I can trust to fade hard where the ace race discs are lazer beams with an easy fade. I would put them at maybe 8/5/-1/2
where as the volt I feel is closer to a 8/5/-.5/3.

You must have a different Neutron Volt than me, because mine is definitely not a 3-Fade headwind fighter. I bought a Shock for that purpose.

i would put the speed at 8 it reminds me of a x tracker i think it will get a 1.6 rating.

i would put innova numbers of 8/4/-1/2 the glide is not great. my disc loves the fh.

Pretty much agree with this:
i would put innova numbers of 8/4/-1/2 the glide is not great. my disc loves the fh.
...but would give it 8, 4, -1, 3

Discraft said it's between a Stalker and a Predator... I'd agree on both stability and speed.

Pretty much agree with this: ...but would give it 8, 4, -1, 3

Discraft said it's between a Stalker and a Predator... I'd agree on both stability and speed.

I'm just not seeing that -3 fade on the 165-166 and 170-172 discs that I have. Definitely a nice, mellow finish.

Having a blast throwing them.

i really like this disc and have it in my bag and it complements my xs's really well.