• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roy G. Guerrero Park-Austin, TX

Gregor

Par Member
Heard this one is opening soon. There's not much info out there that I can find. Anyone know anything? Will the teepads and signs be in right away or put in slowly?

The neiborhood doesn't want it,they say it brings too much rif-raf(POT SmoKers and Beer drinkers).

I'm pretty sure its almost finished. But that is just word from a friend. I'd like to know more. I guess I'll have to drive by and check it out.

I ran into a group of 6 guys/gals @ Circle C a couple weeks ago that said they were helping to get RGGP ready for play. I didn't ask a timeline or if baskets/pads were in, but I know there is work being actively done to get a course in out there. They did say it was in a different part of the park than originally planned. If you do swing by Gregor, would you please post ur findings here?

Yep, sure will. I just talked to my friend and he was confused between this place and Twin Parks out in Driftwood or someplace like that. That course IS finished apparently and will be hosting that Pro match play tourney in a couple of weeks. He said Guerrero is being worked on but didn't know of a timeline either.

I thought that project got scrapped. I guess not. Is the plan still to have multiple courses on site with all the other stuff or has it been downgraded since the resistance?

Here's the word on the street:

18 holes, lots of true par 4's. Long tunnels. About 70% of fairways are cleared. Still needs boxes & pins. Shooting for completion by the end of this year. :thmbup:

I went out to check out the progress of the course today and saw that there were some very sweet teepads installed and was wondering if anyone knew anything about when the next workday was or when it was planning on being open.

Only rumor I've heard is opening pushed back to February. Micah Moon has some pics on his facebook btw.

Wow I thought this was scrapped do to disc golf only being for white college kids.

Should be opening in Feb2012 although it could be late Feb or into March.

if anyone has the info please pm me for the next work day as I would love to help out. This course if going to replace Bart as my after work course. Can't wait!

408710_359237564102257_100000480503387_1443133_1657921912_n.jpg

teepads at roy g :) its lookin sweet

Latest posts