• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

You think there is room for a saint, escape, and saint pro, all in the same bag?
Or does it start getting a little too crowded?

This coming from a guy that carries a glide, Buzzz SS, Buzzz, wasp, and a hornet

So I guess a little overlap is ok.

Depends. Right now I can justify having all 3 in the bag for one reason, my pink opto saint is beat in. I use it for thumbers that need to flip quick, and giant sweeping annys that I dont want to come back, but need to flatten out right at the end. Id say the numbers are closer to -2 or -3, 1 on my saint. I think a fresh opto saint will overlap with a fresh lucid escape too much to justify both. The saint pro will definitely pair well with either the escape or saint if you only wanted to carry one other mold. From my few throws yesterday, the saint pro doesnt overlap with my moonshine escapes, the saint pro is markedly more overstable.

Depends. Right now I can justify having all 3 in the bag for one reason, my pink opto saint is beat in. I use it for thumbers that need to flip quick, and giant sweeping annys that I dont want to come back, but need to flatten out right at the end. Id say the numbers are closer to -2 or -3, 1 on my saint. I think a fresh opto saint will overlap with a fresh lucid escape too much to justify both. The saint pro will definitely pair well with either the escape or saint if you only wanted to carry one other mold. From my few throws yesterday, the saint pro doesnt overlap with my moonshine escapes, the saint pro is markedly more overstable.

Kinda what I was guessing, thanks.

Just looked through this thread and those things are beauties. Too bad I don't have money to blow on plastic. I throw Saints probably 75% off the tee for regular controlled drives and have a couple beat to just perfect. Love 'em. More overstable Saint = Discraft Avenger, tho. Not quite as sexy, but already in the bag and pairs nicely.

Just looked through this thread and those things are beauties. Too bad I don't have money to blow on plastic. I throw Saints probably 75% off the tee for regular controlled drives and have a couple beat to just perfect. Love 'em. More overstable Saint = Discraft Avenger, tho. Not quite as sexy, but already in the bag and pairs nicely.

But an avenger doesn't have the word PRO in its name, so there is no way it as good.

i pair my escapes with an avenger too, so i am hoping for the same, a little more glide and that sweet feeling plastic

I love my GL saint so I'm not a hater here. But I don't get the point with the pro saint. There already is a more stable saint... The PD. And the pro saint is a new mold so it's not really a saint. I don't doubt that they will be a hit or a good disc. But it's not really a saint.

I love my GL saint so I'm not a hater here. But I don't get the point with the pro saint. There already is a more stable saint... The PD. And the pro saint is a new mold so it's not really a saint. I don't doubt that they will be a hit or a good disc. But it's not really a saint.

That is like saying that the Avenger SS isn't an Avenger because it is a different mold. The Saint Pro is based on the Saint. They use Pro instead of Discraft's OS.

PD isn't made by Lat64/Westside/Dynamic, and the PD is hugely successful. It makes a ton of sense.

And labeling things together is most likely to teach players which drivers they can use together.

And the PD or Avenger is faster than a Saint or Saint Pro.

And the PD or Avenger is not available in Gold Line plastic.

hehe...this guy is silly

why make a _______ when theres a roc?
why make a _______ when theres a destroyer?
because they are amazing molds and fill certain gaps in other companies lineups. kind of silly to think that a company wont make a disc because some other company has a similar mold

why call it a pro saint?
why call it a Teebird-L, Eagle-L, or Firebird-L, or Avenger SS, or Nuke OS/SS...

hehe...silly

You think there is room for a saint, escape, and saint pro, all in the same bag?
Or does it start getting a little too crowded?

This coming from a guy that carries a glide, Buzzz SS, Buzzz, wasp, and a hornet

So I guess a little overlap is ok.

just picked up my new moonshine escape today
played 25ish holes using it a lot
feels/flys great, just like a brand new opto saint
i didnt throw it side by side with my saint, but boy are they similar
close enough that i would not bag both
but i do like it :thmbup:

now we wait for the PRO Saint

My Pro Saint arrived today. Got a few 75% throws in with it today in windy conditions alongside my Opto Saint and my Biofuzion Escape (all similar weights within 2g). The Escape is still the most (over)stable of the three discs. The Pro Saint is just a tick or two more stable than the Opto Saint. I would not classify the Pro as "overstable" at all, just stable with a slight high speed turn and very mild fade.

Most throws had a decent tailwind or a crosswind pushing it in the direction of the fade (so the Pro Saint actually turned into the wind).

Hopefully tomorrow will be more calm and I get really get in a bunch of good throws with it.

I bought 2 of each. My optos are being delivered today but now I am more excited about the Moonshines and Gold Lines coming my way. My disc budget has been exhausted until the holidays

Latest posts