• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Sapphire

Thanks. I was just trying to get a relative comparison versus other discs.

If it is going further than some of those discs you mentioned it must get pretty good distance.

The closest comparison I can give it is that it flies like my fresh DX Tee Bird but longer. It turns but never flipped and always finished with some amount of fade. It's actually pretty similar to the Shryke I have as well which is a 165g gstar. I'd assume it goes further due to the shryke not carrying forward as well when the fade kicks in since its a higher speed disc.

I'm kind of past searching for that magic bullet that gives me max distance, but I will give this a try.

I'm kind of past searching for that magic bullet that gives me max distance, but I will give this a try.

I doubt it works for everyone due to differences in how we all throw but it did pretty clearly separate itself which is a first for me when it comes to drivers Gotta add the caveat of all other things being equal. A bad throw with this will be beaten by a good throw with something else. I did have less bad throws with this disc than the others though and honestly don't remember having one.

I doubt it works for everyone due to differences in how we all throw but it did pretty clearly separate itself which is a first for me when it comes to drivers Gotta add the caveat of all other things being equal. A bad throw with this will be beaten by a good throw with something else. I did have less bad throws with this disc than the others though and honestly don't remember having one.

That's been my experience too. Did some field work yesterday with Sapphires, Terns, Sidewinders, and Roadrunners. By and large the Sapphire was getting 15-20' further than the others.

As they say, ymmv. The Diamond Glimmer's in the upper 150s still go farther for me, but the Sapphire Gold's definitely have their place in my bag. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this disc loves my fh. first 150 designed disc that I can put a full speed fh on.

As I'm learning it and the situations it wants to work in... it's working itself into the vaunted "teats and beer" category. [emoji106]

I used to get some great flights out of an Air Sword before I lost it - how would the Sapphire compare? They are both 2.0 rims.

Sorry MP. Can't help you on Sword comp.

I purchased a 158g Goldline Sapphire. I've played 2 rounds with it; throwing it from every tee both fh and bh. At 300', I am not seeing any turn from this disc fh or bh. I have experience with both the Diamond and Jade. I would say that the Jade was the OS complement to the Diamond, and the Sapphire is the OS complement to the Jade.

Brand new, I am not wowed, but neither am I discouraged. I have thrown Tournament Swords that became my go to drivers once they lost their low speed stability, and this disc feels like it has that kind of potential.

Picked up a 153 Gold Line and tried it out today. I will say this disc has a lot of glide, and on a day where my allergies were acting up big time, I was overthrew a couple baskets I usually come up short on. Officially intrigued.

The glide has really impressed me as well. Even at speed on the front half of the flight with a touch of hyzer it still moves straight on a line until it starts to lose speed. It definitely has a place in this old farts bag. [emoji108][emoji41]

Oh, good luck with that. When you approach her bag be sure, don't look around, snatch/grab and get the hell out of there.

Take it and if she notices it's gone then get a little upset and blame her for losing it.

Get some acetone and wipe the stamp - then it becomes "some junk disc" you found.

I bought a 158g Opto Chameleon when they first came out, and I've been surprised by how OS it is. Look, I'm a noodle-arm so I know my limitations. But I still get longer (and straighter) throws with my Z Heat and my Breakouts in various plastics. I had a mid-150's Opto Jade that used to fly great (until I lost it), so I was hoping for neutral stability and distance with the Sapphire.

The Opto Chameleon Sapphire looks great - but it goes left.