• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shore Acres--Saugatuck, MI--Feb. 4th!!!!

Just so you guys know I will be driving a 2007 White Chevy Malibu. I thought this info may be helpful since I haven't met any of you and don't have any phone numbers lol.

Car and color

I am driving a 2010 white Chevy Malibu. I also bought some Yaktrax walker device to help with walking on the ice and snow covered tee pads. I bought them at Dunhams sports

here is a web page about them. i thought they might help with the tee pads we will be experiencing tommorrow for better traction when throwing.

http://www.yaktrax.com/walker

Excellent I have wanted to see those in action. I think the pro's might be a better option though because they go over the foot. The walker's seem like they could pull off during any twisting or toe drag.

the only ones i saw at Dunhams were the walkers so i bought them figured they couldn't hurt. we will see how they do tomorrow.

*#@%*@% Foiled!

:mad: :( :(
I'm out for tomorrow, guys. My check engine light came on last night on the way home from work. Ends up I've got two bad oxygen sensors, and the shop couldn't get me in this morning because of a backup of work because of the snowstorm. I attempted to borrow someone's car, but it's a no go.

So unless someone is swinging through the LaPorte area on their way to Shore Acres (extremely doubful, but one can have hope...Peebz???), I'm going to have to bow out.

Damn. :( :(

Give 'em hell for me boys!

peebz is dyeing... too busy for discing...

damn, maybe if you can meet me halfway in benton harbor we could swing it...?

peebz is dyeing... too busy for discing...

damn, maybe if you can meet me halfway in benton harbor we could swing it...?

I appreciate the offer very much Jeff, but I don't want to drive it anywhere at the moment. Apparently driving without the oxygen sensors can ruin the catalytic converter. :\ The first thing I did when I got into work was to see if it was safe to drive it without the sensors working, and it seems dicey. Last thing I want is to ruin something else.

There's still a very small possibility I can borrow a car from a family member, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If I can make it any way tomorrow, I'll be there. :\

juke. damn damn damn.

No friggin' doubt. :wall:

I took my car to Advanced Auto Parts for a diagnostics check (because I've had the check engine light come on before and it was only a loose gas cap). I got the price on the engine sensors then called the auto shop. They wanted to charge me about double for the parts if they bought them. :mad: Then they said they couldn't even get me in. :wall:

It hasn't been a great morning. :(

i'm sorry bruddah. if there was a way you could borrow a car, you could stay here and wouldn't have to drive up in the am..

I had a oxygen sensor go out in my neon when i had one. there were times i could stop at a stop sign start up and go 60 MPH no problem. then I would stop again when i started back up with the pedal all the way to the floor i was only able to get to 6 MPH. It really sucked until i was able to get it fixed. I never knew when i would be able to accelerate or not.

I had a oxygen sensor go out in my neon when i had one. there were times i could stop at a stop sign start up and go 60 MPH no problem. then I would stop again when i started back up with the pedal all the way to the floor i was only able to get to 6 MPH. It really sucked until i was able to get it fixed. I never knew when i would be able to accelerate or not.

So far my car has run pretty okay (it is idling a bit rough). But both sensors are out. I just don't want to run the risk of furthering the damage (i.e., destroying the catalytic convertor). Also, your story of 6 mph makes me want to risk it even less. :\

dang juke.

I could leave here at 6am and pick you up... and thats with perfect roads...
hmm...

dang juke.

I could leave here at 6am and pick you up... and thats with perfect roads...
hmm...

That is ridiculously nice, man, are you sure you want to offer to do that?

Where do you live, Jeff?
It's like a two hour-ish drive from LP to Saugatuck, mebbe a bit less.

I'd totally pay for gas money fo shurez, plus some, if you're really willing to do that (definitely DO NOT feel obligated, in case you changed your mind after posting!)

Edit: FWIW, I believe the local highways are in pretty clear shape. Also don't forget about the return trip, either!

Last edited:
Scratch the two hour thing, just mapquested it and it's about an hour and a half.

yep. so, I'll be at your house at like 8am? I can't be the only non-yarnie dude...
north side of grand rapids, by 131 and 96

Latest posts