• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shore Acres--Saugatuck, MI--Feb. 4th!!!!

Woot!

(super dooper extra special awesomesauce props to Jeff for coming to pick my ass up)
:cool: :thmbup: :) :cool:

well i am all ready. bag packed and loaded in car so i don't forget it. ready to go for tomorrow morning. apdrvya so you are picking up E-man and jukeshoe that will be cool. can't wait to play. I printed scorecards in case anyone wants to keep score.

That sucks, Juke!!

Good thing I got wheels and am driving myself tomorrow. What a guy, that apdrvya :clap:

will be on my way shortly. going to stop for breakfast along the way i think.

Sounds like a good time...wish I was there. Dont forget the yarn!!

Terry it was a adventure for sure. we played only 8 holes in about 3 hours. the last hole we were shooting in almost waist deep snow. here is a pic of the basket on Hole 5.

Attachments

• Hole 5 basket.jpg
    Hole 5 basket.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 13
Terry it was a adventure for sure. we played only 8 holes in about 3 hours. the last hole we were shooting in almost waist deep snow. here is a pic of the basket on Hole 5.

Well I am glad I didn't try and take the day off of work.

here is a better picture of that basket.

Attachments

• Hole 5 Basket Shore acres.jpg
    Hole 5 Basket Shore acres.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 13
4ft drifts...30+ mph wind gusts...:gross:.

When I got back to GR and sat around for awhile, it got nice (28 degrees, 10-15mph wind, sunny) so I decided to go to Brewer w/ my shovel. :doh: I played all 9 of white and cleared every pad to the concrete. It was like another world, pretty sweet.

Sank a looong birdie putt and felt like a million bucks! Now I don't think I feel like even 1 buck. :|

Ooofa!

Thanks for getting together and putting yourselves through that, gentlemen! :gross:

Worst conditions (hands down) I've ever played in. At one point the snow got so deep I actually got stuck. I had to dig myself out. :\

Stupid wind wasn't making things easy, either. Every throw was being blown around mercilessly, so it wasn't even like we were making quality shots. Trudging through snow that at times was to my waist (and I'm 6' tall and long-legged) while zig zagging from bad shot to bad shot is NOT the best of times for dg.

But it was still epic fun. A few pics forthcoming...

Latest posts