• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

Nims Park in Rock Falls IL
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1604&mode=ci

I've driven by it and it is a square of park and you can see all 18 newish discatchers from any spot in the park. It's rediculous when the awsome course, Sinnissippi Park, in Stirling, is a mile away and could use some new baskets!

This course is a real trip! I played it this summer as a warmup for Sinnisippi. Standing at any given tee you can see at least 3 baskets. Someone spraypainted hole #s and arrows on the trees to avoid confusion. Average hole length is ~110'. I agree that the baskets would be better used elsewhere.

Young's Run (Warren, Ohio) Original Course #5 was 79 foot. One player shot an 11 in a tournament refusing not to lay-up, going strong with many bad breaks. Basket sits on a steep slope.

Lake Murray Lodge has some water in play, if I remember correctly. Also, I enjoy playing the old saucer baskets. 4 courses played/three states (with saucer baskets). Course is also kind of unique in a beachy/sandy way. Little bit of possible window breakage possibility just to scare ya a little. Sad to say that I've given a little props to two courses mentioned in this thread. But, because they were just TOO CUTE, I like this one and Nims Park better than tons of little, craptastic niners that are "more normal."

This course is a real trip! I played it this summer as a warmup for Sinnisippi. Standing at any given tee you can see at least 3 baskets. Someone spraypainted hole #s and arrows on the trees to avoid confusion. Average hole length is ~110'. I agree that the baskets would be better used elsewhere.

Lol they should just switch the baskets between the two parks :hfive:

Wehr's Dam/Covered Bridges in Orefield, PA has the 12th hole, a straight downhill tee shot at 120 feet. The third hole is maybe a buck fifty with a tight uphill turn. The 6th is maybe a little over 100, but it has a huge rock in front of it.

^Mills Park in Carson has an 83 foot hole. That is officially my shortest ever lol.

Here's the pic

1f752be0.jpg

What's a few feet among friends...

Olorin,

Just to set the record straight, Rutgers # 9 is 104 feet in length. I'm the one who measured the whole course (with a measuring wheel - not as good maybe as a laser, but what the heck). Their existing sign numbers (from god knows when) are REALLY goofy in some cases and spot on in others (go figure). People are now in the midst of "re-signing" the course (with accurate numbers).

Karl

Ps: You DO have Chimney Rock's # 5 correct (I measured that one too).