• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

Manila is like half the niners in Illinois. Nims Park, Rock Falls, Illinois is their king of short courses. I enjoyed throwing ace runs on every hole at this one. My traveling partner and I each shot a -17. You lose on this course when you don't get a deuce. You may need an ace to win!!!

Here's the shortest hole I've played, which of course I boggied. It felt like it was maybe 110' but I didn't measure or even pace it...I was too busy trying to get out of the woods after I hit one of the first trees.
744358a1.jpg

It's at the new Austin Ridge Bible Course.

Here's the shortest hole I've played, which of course I boggied. It felt like it was maybe 110' but I didn't measure or even pace it...I was too busy trying to get out of the woods after I hit one of the first trees.

It's at the new Austin Ridge Bible Course.

Yeah, that one is pretty short (& tight)... I've actually parked it both times I've played it...now I've totally jinxed myself. :doh:

Did you forget about #18 out @ Zilker?? It can't be more than 80-90 feet slightly downhill & wide open...pretty silly hole... reminds me of #18 @ Circle C. :p :D

Yeah, that one is pretty short (& tight)... I've actually parked it both times I've played it...now I've totally jinxed myself. :doh:

Did you forget about #18 out @ Zilker?? It can't be more than 80-90 feet slightly downhill & wide open...pretty silly hole... reminds me of #18 @ Circle C. :p :D

Ah, how could I forget 18 at Zilker...it's such a...memorable hole...and the only closing hole that can compete with the epicness that is 18 @ Circle C.

Hole 4 at Coyote Point at Lake Casitas, CA is the shortest on a real course out here in So Cal that I know of. It is the only extremely short hole. Of course, awesome mandy through the tree! 123 feet.

123' uphill with a low ceiling that doubles as a mandy doesn't count as "short"... I mean I guess it's short... but, it requires a driver. Fun hole!
DSCJNKY

Garry E Cavan near Edwardsville, In.
Haven't played there yet, but Hole #10 Pin Position A from red tees is listed as 80ft.

Yeah, we got rid of that crap-tastic hole. It's roughly 225-250 down an very narrow, wooded fairway.

There was another 90-100 foot hole the designer (if we can call him that) put in that's since been changed.

maybe mmyers can elaborate on this, but
elliot park (now closed) had a few under 130
dr. lawless had a bunch, i was there one time and i remember the first three holes were 120, 130, 125, hehe, i was mad to make the drive for that, i know they had shorter ones, but what made me mad was getting 3's and 4's on some of those holes... i'm not that bad of a golfer, but trees had fallen, no fairway was really clear, i only remembered a few that had a clear sight of the basket, just poor course maintenance... with that being said, you could tell a storm had done the damage and i dont know how long it stayed that way - i was there one time - but i know the course has been redesigned, i just looked it up and all the holes have grown in length so i'm not sure what it looks like now, maybe its worth another trip to the course, the upsetting part was its a pay to play and it was the 2nd worse course i'd ever seen at the time, now i reserve judgement till i see it again

I've updated my list of Short Holes.

The 48 ft. Bert and Ernie Park hole 5 is number 2 on the list.

I like that 30 footer on top of the list where you can't even follow thru from the tee pad because you're already putting... :)

Hole # 2, Campton Hills in St. Charles, IL. 125 ft. Elevated tee. Wide open route to the hole with the pin set slightly to the left. There is a drop-off behind the hole but there are a ton of guardian trees behind the hole to knock down a long shot. The pin is hidden from the tee, and that is about the only positive I can think of for that shot. It literally made me laugh out loud. It might not be the shortest hole out there, but it has to be in the running for the easiest.

But it is in character with the rest of the course. Six of the nine shots are less than 200' and the longest shot tops out at 223'. It's weenie-arm heaven.

Edit: D'OH! #2 isn't even the shorted hole on the course. #7 is only 111 ft. In defense of # 7, it is straight up. It's a simple tommy shot up the hill for deuce and reminded me a lot of the 98' shot from the red tee on # 10 at White Birch. It was short and relatively easy, but not in the laugh out loud kind of way that a 123' shot with an elevated tee and wide open hyzer route to the hole is.

Last edited:
And 3 more that are under 115, definitely sounds like a place to pad the ace stats.