• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

First off, I'm in my 70's so my expectations are limited. Our local 18 hole course is a par 54 and this week I played 5 days in a row and games 1 thru 4 I scored 71 on each game, and my 5th game was a 70. Nothing to brag about, but at least I am consistent.:D Oh, on game 4 I got one birdie, so I was happy.

I had a tourney. One round was pretty good, other round not so good. What wasn't mediocre was raising $18,000+ for kids besieged with medical issues to attend a cool summer camp founded by the Petty family. That never sucks. :)

But yeah, the course has a decently long water carry hole and some other holes with disc swallowing vegetation so I swapped out like 60-70% of my bag for stable-overstable discs (Felons, Longbowmen, Verdict, Buzzz, Giant, Cutlass, etc) I didn't mind losing and basically played Sexton golf. Playing everything on straight to fade lines worked pretty well despite lack of familiarity with the discs. Not surprised at how well I shot with strange discs insomuch as how quickly I got comfortable with them. Fun experiment.

I got to play some courses in the Charlotte area q few days ago, and today made it down to Rock Hill. I played Canaan Riverbend, and it was beautiful. I went over to Winthrop and played most of the gold layout despite lack of markings. The highlights were getting 2s on hole 3 (Teebird forehand) and hole 7 (Pro Leopard about 10 feet past the wooden arch). Tough course! And I have more respect after seeing it in person.

I went out to my local course after taking a fee weeks off and I played pretty good actually.Putting can still use some work but I bought a basket so that should help

I need a practice basket for putting. I've been out in the last two weeks more than the last two months, thank gods it's been quiet with the snow so far.
Form is **** with so many layers on due to the Wisco cold, but other than that pretty good lately. I'm happy to be back on day shift...

First tourney in over 2 years yesterday, shot 986 and 947-rated rounds. Took second in ADV. Pretty great for me, normally if I shoot one decently hot round I totally s*** the bed in the other. I left 4 or 5 ~25ft putts out there in the second round, that was really the difference. I hit all the putts first round.

Highlight of the day was draining a ~100' thumber recovery shot out of the woods with my champ Gator, for a birdie!

Hit an ace on thanksgiving, funny enough it was several firsts for me. First round on Thanksgiving, first ace with a putter(Swan 2), first ace on a course I hadn't played, and first time I'd thrown the Swan 2 off the tee.

Overall just an okay round(-5), but as a guy who doesn't ace often it was hoot.

Shot consecutive bogeyless, left handed, -3s at the local and pitch and putt 9 hole in the snow.

Been playing lefty for 4-5 weeks so far. First time out I shot +4, +1. I think I am getting it. But only like 2 months or so left before I'll need to get back to my righty game to prep for tourneys.

I played pretty well today and had some nice drives even though the course was very icy. I haven't had to put ribbons on yet this winter and the walking has been easy so I'm getting lots of rounds in. BIG skips on a lot of drives since it rained and iced up. I also played a one disc tourney over the weekend and ended up taking the ace pool in a throwoff with some pretty big young arms:thmbup: Not bad for a 65 year old man!:D

Came within one chain of my first ace this morning on 14 at Perkerson Park. Disc went into the chains on the right and spit right through. Maybe needed to be 2 inches to the left. Looked like an ace for a second and everyone went YEAHHH-OHHHH!!! Would've had 9 witnesses if it stayed in. :(

my son and i went and played 9 holes b/4 going out for an early dinner today. it was very windy and a damp 44 degrees (not conductive to my old joints). by my VERY competitive nature and sheer determination i won by a stroke after being down 3 after 2 holes. we always claim best of day shots IE: best drive, best putt and best scramble to give acknowledgement even if you didn't win if you deserve it. i got best drive and putt on the one birdie of the day, a flip up seasoned Nuke to a tight gap at 200' fading to hyzer with a big skip to leave me 40' short with a tailwind. smashed the putt with my Pig to tie and made another perfect 35' tailwind putt after a less than stellar upshot on the last hole for par. it's the first time i won in 2019.

the moral of this story is be careful who you teach the tricks of this trade to after almost 4 decades of playing. if they pay attention it will come back to bite you if you let it. peace <*}}}>{

my son and i played 2 rounds today on the first really nice day of the season. 68 degrees and very little wind under partly cloudy skies.i was 50% on circle 2 putts hitting 3 between 42 and 48 ft. nothing wrong with the drives either (hit the post off the tee on one hole). i did however 3 putt on one hole (par to dbl bogey) and hit basket @ less than 20 ft for birdie on the same hole both rounds. ended up 6 over for the day right at my average on my home course.

the kicker is i lost by 7 strokes. my son shot 2 very solid rounds, even and -1. well below his avg of +4 per round. he never practices and probably wouldn't even play if it wasn't our biggest activity together. i just turned 60 this year and he turns 30 in May. i guess i better step up to keep up from now on.

Went out to Wendell Moore on Tuesday and shot my personal best of a 48 (pro par 58, Iirc). Smashed basket on hole 1 with a first test throw of my new dark maul PD, too. (Been throwing them for 10 years, just took a break after they became very OS.) I had been stuck at 50 for a year or so but finally put a good round together...

Probably stumbling on some dude banging a presumed 'lady of the night' in broad daylight at a park in Fayetteville, NC. Kind of a heterosexual deliverance scene with tree stumps and animal noises.

Actually well, -3 until i hit the last 4 holes, dropped to +3, still beat my cardmate by one stroke. Lost my old beat up judge putter under the snow but it's marked so hopefully someone will call about it.

Been super nasty in my hood with dirty snow cover sticking on courses. Week playing winter for me. Central Iowa is sick on courses that are playable in the winter. Trying to make the rounds.
The good part is that when I do get out my standstill Teebird and Roc strait up and down game holding up. Plowing straight as f&$k and low out to 350' comfortable on the Frigid. Long putting woes and nasty boy playmates keeping me out of cashing out the regular hardcore crew. Looking way forward to being dialed in for first big tourney of the year or the first weekend of May.

Probably stumbling on some dude banging a presumed 'lady of the night' in broad daylight at a park in Fayetteville, NC. Kind of a heterosexual deliverance scene with tree stumps and animal noises.

WTF! funny ****

Played a putter only tournament on a normal course. Started with three double bogeys. :-( Then started playing ... Everything else par and some bogeys on large holes, which was fine. Managed to get a birdie on the very last hole! :) I haven't believed that I would be able to, but I parked it with a beautiful long anny throw with my straight D-P3. It felt so good to get that one, after the rough start. Happy now. :)

Latest posts