• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a different 9 hole course. First round I was even and bounced an tee shot off of the pole about a foot under the basket. Closest I've come to an ace. Second round I was -1.

Pre-tourney practice round, played even on a tough course. Found the lines I need to hit during the tournament and putted OK.

All I have to say is wind is my mortal enemy. 15 mph winds all day long makes for a frustrating tournament. 30 mph gusts didnt help either.

It snowed 8+ inches so I haven't played for a while. I went to Big Sky and skied 8+ fresh inches 2 days in a row. It sucked.

Holiday weekend allowed me a heavy weekend of disc golf. Managed to play 4 new courses without score and got to introduce someone to the game. There are more courses around me than I realized...

To finish, I played two rounds today. I shot the first round I've ever kept score and finished below par. I guess that's how it goes when you manage not to make serious mistakes and make some 15-25 foot putts.

On Saturday I played my best round at a particular course that has given me fits in the past 5 attempts. I was only down 1 for the round but our best player was 3 down. I forgot to bring my tag so I didn't move up to #3 from #19. That would have been the highest tag# since joining the group.

First round of 2016 completed, best round of this winter so far, despite it being the chilliest weather I've played this winter (-7C or 19F), with a coastal course, so wind chill adds in a bit. Still, it was warmer than what the forecast had been for today or what it is for the upcoming week, with -20C (-4F) and below expected. So have to ride on the high from this round for some time to come.

Winter layouts have been improving my standstill game, mostly as the tees are, shall we say, "tad" slippery, even getting good footing for standstill is a challenge on some holes, so need to keep compensating using more arm, even without any steps, keep finding myself overshooting some holes that I thought I'd have trouble reaching :thmbup: . Now if only the metals on the basket (chains and basket) would start showing some love for my putters instead of spitting out (or giving spit-throughs)...

First dubs of the year was yesterday. My partner threw his back out trying to carry me for 18 holes ;-)

You could tell I hadn't played for almost a month - I need to have my shoulder looked at. Tweeked it back on Thanksgiving and haven't been able to throw a forehand since it hurts so bad.

My home course, Castle Hayne is still waterlogged on the back nine from all the recent rain, so I played the front nine three times. First nine was plus 4, second nine was even, third time through the front nine was minus three.
Felt like all my field work in the last few months is beginning to "click".
Was great having a drop-in birdie on Hole 7 short. Never birdied it before Sunday.

12/31 +15, 1/1 +2, 1/3 +2. Crazy how much better those last two rounds felt. Committing to the Atom for approaches and putting has been working great for me.

56 at one course and 58 at the other. 2 pretty solid rounds back to back at different courses. No rounds over 60 so far this year, knock on wood.

Played early this morning. My last day of holiday break, no work. Kinda unfocused on front nine +2. Back nine - I birdied the first three holes. The wind picked up quite a bit and I held on to finish -2.

Need to work on my wind play - driving, and long putts. It was tough...

Tied my personal best at Williamsburg (OH) yesterday, and it occurred to me that I should consider starting an 'Audubon Society' social group on here (soon)...for those of us who've seen 10,000 birdies. :D

Not quite there yet myself, but I took a look at some of the other obsessed 'Stat Addicts' on here, and see that harr0140 is already over that number, and sonny is getting pretty close too. We're a strange group (who both play all the time and record all our data), but thought I'd give a shout out to the like minded folks out there! :clap:

Tied my personal best at Williamsburg (OH) yesterday, and it occurred to me that I should consider starting an 'Audubon Society' social group on here (soon)...for those of us who've seen 10,000 birdies. :D

Not quite there yet myself, but I took a look at some of the other obsessed 'Stat Addicts' on here, and see that harr0140 is already over that number, and sonny is getting pretty close too. We're a strange group (who both play all the time and record all our data), but thought I'd give a shout out to the like minded folks out there! :clap:

Geez...I'm at 2408, and thought that was pretty good...

Status
Not open for further replies.