• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Status of Circle C?

I can't wait to get back down to Austin to play the revamped course and update my review. I must have played it at a transitioning time, because I was very unimpressed. I'm sure it is great now. Please post when signs are in place and I'll definitely make a trip down to play this course and the other great Austin courses!

Circle C is finally open. I played it this morning. There are no signs yet but dual concrete tee pads, brand new baskets, benches at many holes, much of the dense cedar from the old layout was removed and it's only 18 holes now. It is very similar to the way it was but just seems cleaner and more open. The old hole 21 is the new hole 18 so it starts and finishes the same as before.

So there's no "new holes?"

Sent 5/8

The Circle C Disc Golf Course in Austin is now open for play again!!!

While the project is not completely finished, it is close enough to get the course back in and to get players out there enjoying it. The new tee signs probably won't be installed until next week (but they will be great), and there will be some small on-going projects out there for about the next month.

The Circle C re-opening is the culmination of years of work by Waterloo Disc Golf Club to get major improvements made on our disc golf courses. We hope, and expect, that this is just the beginning.

This project includes:

* A great partnership between Waterloo Disc Golf Club and City of Austin Parks & Recreation.

* The biggest investment by the city in disc golf since the early 1990s.

* Hundreds of volunteer hours put in by the club and its members, and over $6,000 of the club's money spent on the improvements.

* A re-designed course, now 18 holes, with short and long tee pads on many of the holes.

* Concrete tee pads and awesome tee signs on both the short and long positions.

Circle C - Yeeaaahh!

Thanks guys for all of the info.... used to be my home course when I lived down south. I'm super excited about getting to play out there again....one of my favorite courses of all time.... although I must admit that I am a little nervous about what sidewinding said about it being cleaner and more open. I was especially fond of how difficult the course was as a result of it not being very open... u really had to hit your lines or else ur in trouble. I am really looking forward to the large concrete tee pads... I know my body (and hopefully score) will both benefit greatly.

Anyone want to get together a group of us Austin DGCR's and go play the new Circle C?

So there's no "new holes?"

There are a couple of new holes where either the basket is in a new location or the tee pad is in a new location but other than that it's not much different than it was before but definitely better. I just uploaded a new course map and the old course map is still on here also so you can compare them if you want.

I am a little nervous about what sidewinding said about it being cleaner and more open. I was especially fond of how difficult the course was as a result of it not being very open... u really had to hit your lines or else ur in trouble.

Don't worry, it's still very tight and technical. I don't think there's one hole out there that could be described as open....just more open than it used to be.

Thanks, sidewinding, for all of the updates (review, map, and comments). I'm gunna have to find a way to play out there tomorrow :)

Do they still have the two diff. practice baskets before hole 1?

Thanks, sidewinding, for all of the updates (review, map, and comments). I'm gunna have to find a way to play out there tomorrow :)

Do they still have the two diff. practice baskets before hole 1?

Yes...and the baskets are all brand spanking new double chain discatchers. After the signs are in this may be the first course in Austin that truly deserves a 5 disc rating.

WHEN ARE THE CIRCLE C minis?

Waterloo site says there is only a Sunday morning one but I seem to recall seeing people out there during the week that said they were in a mini tourney. Blue Tees where on one day and Red Tees on another. I cannot seem to find this info posted anywhere and I don't remember what day it was I saw them out there?

DANGER: HORNETS!

Heads up: Just got attacked by a LOT of hornets on #11... I was chased halfway down the hole and wound up with about a dozen stings, one in the armpit. :thmbdown: This is on the right side of the fairway, at the turn, at the base of a big dead tree - basically where you end up if you throw a long drive through the fairway. I rigged an improvised warning sign on the tee box, then called the city, so hopefully they'll put up some warning signs / tape and treat, but meanwhile best to stay clear.

If you happen to sneak in there and grab the pink wraith at the base of the tree, I'd appreciate a call. :)

Heads up: Just got attacked by a LOT of hornets on #11... I was chased halfway down the hole and wound up with about a dozen stings, one in the armpit. :thmbdown: This is on the right side of the fairway, at the turn, at the base of a big dead tree - basically where you end up if you throw a long drive through the fairway. I rigged an improvised warning sign on the tee box, then called the city, so hopefully they'll put up some warning signs / tape and treat, but meanwhile best to stay clear.

If you happen to sneak in there and grab the pink wraith at the base of the tree, I'd appreciate a call. :)

And then, while I was running away - I tripped over this stick and fell into a hole on #8. Horrible, horrible day!!! ;)