• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TERRIBLE course pics

Mountain Creek, TX goes strong.

1239105c_m.jpg

No tee pads, not even markers. You play basket-to-basket. Worst thing is all the missed potential. The grounds are nice and it's lakeside.

A close second would be Andrew Brown Park in Coppell. Holes 6-8 don't have fairways, just open water or dense brush. Those baskets could be put to better use elsewhere.

I like when you play these courses and to top it off they are in the bad side of town...

designer here made a mistake

not the worst course... but the designer/builder made big mistake here.
They put the tee boxes in sideways :doh:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3084

I don't think the city talked to any disc golfers... but their heart was in the right place.

Austin TX (and suburbs) has a proud disc golf community, some of the best courses in the world and over 50 courses within an hours drive (probably more)...

It's just sad a mistake like this was made.

Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, NC. This could be a good course and maybe it is now cleaned up, but it was just a little overgrown when I visited it in Aug 2009 (crappy camera phone - sorry):

Overgrown Basket:

b0ab24af.jpg

Overgrown Fairway:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAGE_108.jpg
    IMAGE_108.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 143
Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, NC. This could be a good course and maybe it is now cleaned up, but it was just a little overgrown when I visited it in Aug 2009 (crappy camera phone - sorry):

Overgrown Basket:

b0ab24af.jpg

Overgrown Fairway:

attachment.php

How does this happen? Nobody must play this course because I'd imagine that someone would rip that crap out.

I imagine some outsider put it in during the summer and then it never got advertised or promoted when school started back up. Then the next summer came and things really got overgrown. The baskets are brand spanking new looking.

It is actually an interesting course in interesting woods and terrain. I could easily be expanded to 18 holes and get some of the holes out into the open where people would see players and maybe be tempted to try it out.

Dave242 - that reminds me of Eagle Point DGC down in Saint Elmo:

d10a077a.jpg

Yikes. Luckily I was there in January when it was playable.

Another of my favorites is Camp Manitoqua in Frankfort:

c9cc67a7.jpg

I'm loving this thread! Lake Stevens DGC in Washington has the same baskets as that Camp Manitoqua course :)

Just posted some pictures for the course at University of Idaho which has some really ridiculous holes playing amongst abandoned buildings, enjoy!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=745&mode=rev

Last edited:

Latest posts