• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

i'll come clean: i voted again just to see if it would let me. <_<

maybe i should try again with a proxy or some other tool for kicks and giggles. it guess it gives perspective, anyway: us nerds are definitely the minority.

I have some new additions for sure!!!! The Z and ESP Crank have moved in the bag and removed Surges out. I have also started using the Z Mantis, which will probably phase out my XLs eventually. And I have put a Big Z Buzz in to replace my regular Zs

Hey MJ I use the XL a whole lot, what about the mantis is making you want to switch from the XL's?

Hey MJ I use the XL a whole lot, what about the mantis is making you want to switch from the XL's?

They are a little more stable than the XLs. I probably wont phase them out all the way , just change how i use them. The mantis just helps replace my older z XLs

Hey MJ, you coming down to Wilmington early? Going to be out there Wed and Thurs for a few hours in the morning. If you need someone to throw a round with let me know, would be cool to throw with you. Played out there today, pretty wet, hopefully the sun will dry it out before the Azalea

Hey MJ, you coming down to Wilmington early? Going to be out there Wed and Thurs for a few hours in the morning. If you need someone to throw a round with let me know, would be cool to throw with you. Played out there today, pretty wet, hopefully the sun will dry it out before the Azalea

Wont be there until sometime on friday. I wish i could get down there early. I love some Payne

Hey MJ,

Any chance you'll be trekking up to Massachusetts for the Maple Hill Open this year? I know it's a long haul and you don't travel much, but a kid can dream, right?

Hey MJ,

Any chance you'll be trekking up to Massachusetts for the Maple Hill Open this year? I know it's a long haul and you don't travel much, but a kid can dream, right?

I am going to try and get back up that way again this year if i can

Z or X Comet and why? I can understand choosing Z over X for more heavily wooded courses for longevity, but I've definitely preferred the feel of X discs over Z personally. What are your thoughts?

Z or X Comet and why? I can understand choosing Z over X for more heavily wooded courses for longevity, but I've definitely preferred the feel of X discs over Z personally. What are your thoughts?

I use more Z comets just because they last longer and are a little more stable than X comets. I have actually phased X's out of my bag and replaced them with the regular production run ESP's. It really all comes down to what you like and if you are willing to replace the X's when needed.

MJ, perhaps you should start referring to the Payne as... A walk in the park.

Whats your Secret to the Castle... AS in why do you think you always play so well there? Consistent double digits are rediculous.

Could you give us a list of what you're bagging this year so far?

My bag is mostly a mix of what you and PMB throw, I think the only exceptions are the SurgeSS and the Rhyno. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious :thmbup:

As this is the comet love thread as well, I will chime in. That new elite x plastic they are rolling out is amazing. Swirly, fairly stiff, nice and tacky and boy oh boy has it stood up to some tree knocks. Infact a new x has kicked the z out of my bag, they fly almost identical and the x feels way better to me.

Latest posts