• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ethics of the "Ace Replace"

Oregon Southpaw

Bogey Member
I guess ethics may not really be quite the right word.

So i'm of the thought that you should have discs to throw. I've never really wanted to put my plastic up on the wall, nor do I really have the cash to justify doing so. So subsequently I play the plastic I have, and sometimes lose it.

I lost a double ace disc this season, and have been holding out a little hope it would come back. I think I may have come to terms with the loss, so I'd like to replace it.

As we all know, there's no such thing as "replacing" a disc. Grr.

I am not sure what you are asking, or if you are just venting, but if I am interpreting this correctly, I say...

THROW IT!!!!

Discs were made to be thrown. Walls were made for shelter, paint, wallpaper, or decorations. Unless you don't think that particular disc could EVER throw an ace again why wouldn't you throw it? It was your best disc and best chance for another ace. Throw it and be damned!!

Its your disc. Do what you want with it. Throw it. Hang it on the wall. Sleep with it at night. Flip it over and eat mac & cheese off of it. Screw what anyone else thinks.

I think I'll retire my first ace. Had two buddies who lost their first ace discs within months of each other, needless said they were heartbroken.

I lost my first Ace disc in the pond at Winthrop, My second one I lost two weekends ago when an errant shot got swiped by some kids!

I really thought this thread was going to be about someone picking up your drive and putting it in the basket on a blind hole!

i say keep it because i bet every person who has lost A ace discs knows how u feel it really sucks

I still throw my one and only ace disc. It flies very nice, and I feel like I could get another with it. Maybe if I get 2 with it I'll retire it, seeing as my stock of Wizards is ever growing....

You won't catch me tossing it over water hazards though :)

I've thrown all my ace discs, and I've lost all my ace discs. I finally had one returned last week, they are all going on the wall for now on.

Once you get an Ace with a disc you have to keep throwing it. Now it's proven it's worth.
Only when you hit three or more Aces with a single disc should you retire and replace it.
My Banshee is in it's sweet spot right now and it hit an Ace not too long ago. There's no way I'm going to stop using it now.

5 ace discs, all on the wall. Just retired a Z Predator with an ace that was getting too beat in to use as an overstable disc anymore.

So I don't have an ace yet, but I'll damn sure keep throwing the disc once I do get one.

Making one time ace discs into trophies is narcissistic douchebaggery IMO. If you ace the last hole of a tournament to take a one-stroke lead and win Open division of a A- or B- Tier...ok then. If it's a regular ol' ace during a for-fun round, really?? C'mon now...either your self esteem is really low or you don't set the bar very high for yourself.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, just my .02

I've only got one ace but the disc hangs on the wall now. I made up my mind though any more aces I'll keep using the disc. You never forget your first. I did go out and buy the same model a week later.

Its your disc. Do what you want with it. Throw it. Hang it on the wall. Sleep with it at night. Flip it over and eat mac & cheese off of it. Screw what anyone else thinks.

I wonder if Discraft would consider a line of ESP mold dinnerware. I'd eat off it. I wonder how it would fly?

I have retired all 7 of mine.. but if I like a disc I usually have a few backups so retiring it is no biggie.

I am not sure what you are asking, or if you are just venting, but if I am interpreting this correctly, I say...

THROW IT!!!!

Discs were made to be thrown. Walls were made for shelter, paint, wallpaper, or decorations. Unless you don't think that particular disc could EVER throw an ace again why wouldn't you throw it? It was your best disc and best chance for another ace. Throw it and be damned!!

Words of wisdom. :clap:

Retiring your ace disc is like breaking up with somebody because you had sex with them once.

Latest posts