• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Freeman has been with Infinite. Has he dropped his Innova sponsorship? Can't find any info on that.

Only thing I could find was he updated his banner picture on Facebook to a team infinite logo.

I'm really hoping Calvin moves to DD, it would be fun seeing how his bag would shape up.

Im guessing he'd replace his Eagles with Evaders? I'd also be real interested in how his bag would shape up.

Ricky will not be using Ridge Roller bag or cart next season. Which companies have their own carts? MVP and DD? So Ricky to DD/trilogy gains steam?

Team MVP players are allowed to use carts which are not made by another disc manufacturer. For example, I lug a Züca compact cart, and that's A-OK, because Züca does not make discs.

(I do plan to play with an MVP Rover cart soon though.)

What disc manufacturer makes a cart? It seems like if you're sponsored by MVP you can use any cart because other than MVP all cart manufacturers don't make discs. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

You can't really make that jump. Nike is a company from Beaverton, Oregon. They started making running shoes in Oregon. After they became successful (and manufacturing trends moved toward overseas production) they moved their manufacturing to Asia. Their corporate offices are still in Beaverton. That scenario is nothing close to anything any disc golf company has experienced. It's apples/oranges.
I have been to Hillsboro three times for work in the last couple months, the route to our hotel takes us right past the Nike hangar. Quite the fleet they got there.

Also some damn fine disc golf out at Hornings Hideout, even though I managed to lose 2 discs in one day there.

What disc manufacturer makes a cart? It seems like if you're sponsored by MVP you can use any cart because other than MVP all cart manufacturers don't make discs. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

Dynamic Discs co-brands a backpack cart with Zuca, it has the DD name plate on it although Zuca manufactures it. I imagine that one would be frowned upon for MVP players to use, lol.

Freeman has been with Infinite. Has he dropped his Innova sponsorship? Can't find any info on that.

Still on Innova's Team Champion website? He does look mad tho. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• F92A7537-B3FB-4B0C-BDE0-3429E557A6DD.jpg
    F92A7537-B3FB-4B0C-BDE0-3429E557A6DD.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 457
I have been to Hillsboro three times for work in the last couple months, the route to our hotel takes us right past the Nike hangar. Quite the fleet they got there.

Also some damn fine disc golf out at Hornings Hideout, even though I managed to lose 2 discs in one day there.

It's a bit farther afield, but definitely give Buxton and Champoeg a try, too!

LOL if you have ever followed him in person and watched him play... the dude is always mad. I would never be able to shoot a round with him due to his mental.

Have you actually ever met Joel? I've met him multiple times and played a full 18 with him. One of the nicest people I've ever met. He also remembered my name after meeting me and then seeing me again at the DDO about 1 year later.

I won't claim he has the greatest mental game in disc golf, but I wouldn't classify him as a "mad person".

Pier Park, Blue Lake, Dabney, Milo...
Man I miss Portland already :\

All of those are great, Milo is a favorite… also have a soft spot for Dabney. I feel like it's a ton of fun and still challenging despite not being as long as the others.

Is Joel not the one who dressed as a Mime at the Halloween tourney this year? (Rhetorical). Although he does seem to commentate his poor play sometimes, I believe (albeit only from coverage) people generally have nothing but good things to say about him. He's not my favorite, but he is a unique character, and unique golfer, and I can respect that. RBF and all :D

I watch Freeman's vlogs. He's a thinker and he is open about his struggles and weaknesses with his mental game. He and Eagle might be the only ones out there that put that out. And he comes off as a lot more serious about it than Eagle, who just peppers it in amongst a lot of silliness. So I really respect and appreciate that.

I don't necessarily root for him because I gravitate towards others, but I enjoy watching him play.

Is Joel not the one who dressed as a Mime at the Halloween tourney this year? (Rhetorical). Although he does seem to commentate his poor play sometimes, I believe (albeit only from coverage) people generally have nothing but good things to say about him. He's not my favorite, but he is a unique character, and unique golfer, and I can respect that. RBF and all :D

Joel always wears the outfit to look for! I like watching players with an 'open to the public' mental game. Dickerson or Conrad can miss a few putts and nobody even knows. Not so with Joel, Ricky, KJ, even Paul.

Last edited:

Latest posts